20 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

The one who actually plays for us and the one that I actually watch live. From the touchline he doesn't look as bad as you think

My earlier post in the thread relating to the wrong Rooney did make me look daft admittedly, but not as daft as someone who would retain TSS, it's madness. I've hated people singling him out and attacking him on here, but watching him play has been cringe worthy. I really hope I'm wrong and he improves, but he lacks the basic foresight and touch needed ti do this as a job. 

Welcome to the forum Pete!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would not be surprised to see Ducky back at Hartlepool. He IMO will be the biggest miss but yet again the loyalty shown by our club has not been repaid by a player.

Some people are really hard to please. ‘Misses a few headers’, indeed. Staunton plays (played) for Halifax Town, not Liverpool. Anyone who saw him work his proverbials off, body on the line, etc. at O

On reflection after digesting the retained list I am of the opinion various decisions on the list were made for both squad flexibility and financial reasons. Redshaw showed occasional glimpses of tr

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Flea said:

Is it April 1st?

Transfer list the club captain, release Redshaw but retain TSS? 

Well summarised

Dont worry though as Erik who watches TSS regular like the rest of us reckons we are on to a winner next season

A 20 goal scoring machine :shh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Grayski said:

Well summarised

Dont worry though as Erik who watches TSS regular like the rest of us reckons we are on to a winner next season

A 20 goal scoring machine :shh:

He could score that many if he has the right partner and the right distribution.

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He could score that many if he has the right partner and the right distribution.

Best game he had was in the playoff game. Got to remember he was alone upfront for a long time on his own with no decent service. Looked alot better in a front 2. Hopefully we are signing a better striker though but im not feeling negative about Tobi 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

The one who actually plays for us and the one that I actually watch live. From the touchline he doesn't look as bad as you think. 

My earlier post in the thread relating to the wrong Rooney did make me look daft admittedly, but not as daft as someone who would retain TSS, it's madness. I've hated people singling him out and attacking him on here, but watching him play has been cringe worthy. I really hope I'm wrong and he improves, but he lacks the basic foresight and touch needed ti do this as a job. 

I'm sorry but arguing the toss with your own fans about a signing another club have made only to find out you are singing the praises of a different player from a different club and who plays in a different position and who hasn't actually signed for the club in question takes some beating.

But if you would have released then I can understand why. A fair few fans would have done the same. But I just feel with the extra training and a different strike partner he might come good. His peeformance in the play offs was superb and he deserved tobe on the winning team. 

Let's hope he does the business next season. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Best game he had was in the playoff game. Got to remember he was alone upfront for a long time on his own with no decent service. Looked alot better in a front 2. Hopefully we are signing a better striker though but im not feeling negative about Tobi 

Agree 100%.

I agree he had the game of his life in the play offs, credit where credit is due. He's obviously raised some peoples expectations. I just feel people are judging him on that game, but judge him on the season when it comes to the retained list. Let's see how this one pans out, hopefully he will come good, but I can't see it based on a whole season of mostly no shows.

Right this is how it is. Wild doesn't know the difference a footballer and a donkey. I've posted it all season he is clueless. Picking Cooper every game and now trying to retain him beggars belief. Bosomworth has probably given him a  players budget equal to that of Brighouse Town. Our club is skint and Bosomworth is not going to finance it out of his own pocket. We will now struggle until a money man turns up to replace Bosomworth which might never happen. I've supported Town over 50 years and seen many low frightening times, but now is really frightening I have no confidence at all in Wild I'd rather have Darren Kelly. Dear me that is frightening.

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Right this is how it is. Wild doesn't know the difference a footballer and a donkey. I've posted it all season he is clueless. Picking Cooper every game and now trying to retain him beggars belief. Bosomworth has probably given him a  players budget equal to that of Brighouse Town. Our club is skint and Bosomworth is not going to finance it out of his own pocket. We will now struggle until a money man turns up to replace Bosomworth which might never happen. I've supported Town over 50 years and seen many low frightening times, but now is really frightening I have no confidence at all in Wild I'd rather have Darren Kelly. Dear me that is frightening.

And that's after reached the play offs.

9 minutes ago, born to moan said:

You are way off with your budget estimate. Our fans will have raised Brighouse Towns budget before the season starts. 

I do think it's a an educated gamble doing an extra days training a week and losing Browny. But tje players need to be fitter and stronger. 

Not a fan of Cooper but id he stays I hope he can prove me wrong and have a decent season. 

Your assessment of Wild is uncalled for. Deary me. 

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You are way off with your budget estimate. Our fans will have raised Brighouse Towns budget before the season starts. 

I do think it's a an educated gamble doing an extra days training a week and losing Browny. But tje players need to be fitter and stronger. 

Not a fan of Cooper but id he stays I hope he can prove me wrong and have a decent season. 

Your assessment of Wild is uncalled for. Deary me. 

Erik yes we did due to a shortened season finish in the playoffs but a lot of this season's performances have been dire. You will have watched Towns last 2 games on TV, apart from a half decent first half at Boreham Wood awful. I hope I'm wrong I really do, but only time will tell.

31 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Put the drink down and go to bed

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Erik yes we did due to a shortened season finish in the playoffs but a lot of this season's performances have been dire. You will have watched Towns last 2 games on TV, apart from a half decent first half at Boreham Wood awful. I hope I'm wrong I really do, but only time will tell.

Let's see who comes in and then the players and management need a bit of time to gel. 

I know we were on a bad run before the play offs. Morale seemed low and the players seemed to have lost confidence. 

But it seemed to have come back in the play offs but a few of those players weren't fit enough. 

So let's hope an exyra days training will pay dividends and we reach the play offs next season. 

Fingers crosses bud 

I seem a bit baffled by all this commotion over an extra days training. I am assuming that the players are all now FULL TIME professional players who have signed a contract. Now, when I and probably the rest of you sign a contract for a FULL TIME job you would expect to work either 5 days a week or something like 40 hours a week. On the same basis if you work on a Sat you would expect to have one day during the week off in lieu. So if you take out the Sat hours then there are still 4 days a week they could train. Of course if there is a midweek game then you would not train on that day either, and as a result would probably have the following day designated as a rest day. This would still leave 3 days a week to train. Take into account that "training" per se does not need to be full blown fitness training but could be practising set pieces, discussing tactics for the game that weekend, having treatment for niggling injuries etc then the days do start to fill up. I would expect that during the pre-season when the number of match days are less that there would be a concentration on bringing the players up to a match fitness level, which once established should only need a lower amount of maintenance fitness training, alongside the actual playing time, to maintain this level of fitness.

So, if the players are now being asked to come in for an extra days training each week, how many days/hours are they doing now? Is this extra day needed for fitness related work or is it for more tactical or skills based practise?

17 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I seem a bit baffled by all this commotion over an extra days training. I am assuming that the players are all now FULL TIME professional players who have signed a contract. Now, when I and probably the rest of you sign a contract for a FULL TIME job you would expect to work either 5 days a week or something like 40 hours a week. On the same basis if you work on a Sat you would expect to have one day during the week off in lieu. So if you take out the Sat hours then there are still 4 days a week they could train. Of course if there is a midweek game then you would not train on that day either, and as a result would probably have the following day designated as a rest day. This would still leave 3 days a week to train. Take into account that "training" per se does not need to be full blown fitness training but could be practising set pieces, discussing tactics for the game that weekend, having treatment for niggling injuries etc then the days do start to fill up. I would expect that during the pre-season when the number of match days are less that there would be a concentration on bringing the players up to a match fitness level, which once established should only need a lower amount of maintenance fitness training, alongside the actual playing time, to maintain this level of fitness.

So, if the players are now being asked to come in for an extra days training each week, how many days/hours are they doing now? Is this extra day needed for fitness related work or is it for more tactical or skills based practise?

I presume it'll be a bit of both. But to start with I expect one day taken up by purely fitness work. But I'm not a coach or a manager.

Wonder if Browny has a similar situation to Kingsley James when he joined us (looking after a family member) stopping him being able to commit to a proper full time model. 

Either way we are now going 4 days training and the match on a Saturday ie. Full Time

To me that is fully professional even if non league and akin to what we would have done if we had managed to get promoted. And I think in any other job it would be the norm to do 5 days a week of “work” that would be the minimum expected of someone to do. If we are paying close to £1000 a week to some players (maybe minus those living in the house in Leeds with expenses) then you would want nothing less than full commitment

9 hours ago, Ash said:

Personally I think we need the following

a goalkeeper who’s played for England

a young franz beckenbauer

Gareth Bale

A fit Dan Gardner

Steve Bushell

Brian Kilcline in his current health

Not Charlie Cooper

A lad who will get 75 assists

Cameron King for 5 minute cameos

Not Tobi Sho Silva

Tom Denton but not for long before he gets ripped to shreds again

Lee Gregory

Ronaldo

There, that should get us out of the league.

Grow up! 

13 hours ago, Benfcht said:

Just watching Wooton and McCallum play right now for Notts County and Barnet in the other playoff semi. Exactly the style of player we should be aiming to sign up front. Someone who is a handful for defenders and brings others into play 

The same Wooton deemed not good enough at The Shay

• Like 1
7 hours ago, born to moan said:

Ha ha

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I presume it'll be a bit of both. But to start with I expect one day taken up by purely fitness work. But I'm not a coach or a manager.

I'm shocked I thought you was, what is your job to give you so much knowledge of football and fitness

• Haha 1