Bubba

Retained list

On 8/6/2020 at 2:54 PM, rdj said:

I would agree that some did not seem so good but they always say 'the table never lies'

I extend that to 'the table never lies at the end of the season' and as we hadn't played a full season, I'm in agreement with many other Town fans who I've spoken to that we were lucky in to finish in the play-offs. Although as Shaymandownsouff said, most other teams weren't much cop last season - looking at the results week in week out, many teams were very inconsistent! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

They’ve got a decent backing from memory

I thought they had money problems around the time Doswell left. I could be mistaken though 

Good luck to Tobi. 

I can't help but feel this is, even though we don't get anything from his move, a good deal for us. Frees up a wage and I don't fear us coming up against him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I thought they had money problems around the time Doswell left. I could be mistaken though 

Doswell put in his own money to help fund the 3g pitch and took nothing back during his time as manager.  They obviously had to agree pay back terms when he left.  The idea being the income stream from the 3g would be steady enough to pay back all loans eventually. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Tobi has signed for sutton ...

Good luck to the lad, he always tried in a position where he took more stick than a heavyweight boxer. Remember him playing in the pre season at Farsley & the CB had him in his back pocket after ten minutes even allowing him to jog up to help their forwards, thought he would improve with fitness unfortunately he didn't.

Brilliant game in playoffs probably won him a 12month contract at Sutton, never know a different formation may bring something out PW never managed to find.

Edited by Roy Race

1 hour ago, Alright Andy said:

Doswell put in his own money to help fund the 3g pitch and took nothing back during his time as manager.  They obviously had to agree pay back terms when he left.  The idea being the income stream from the 3g would be steady enough to pay back all loans eventually. 

That’s correct, however we paid back the loan from our FA cup run.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

I extend that to 'the table never lies at the end of the season' and as we hadn't played a full season, I'm in agreement with many other Town fans who I've spoken to that we were lucky in to finish in the play-offs. Although as Shaymandownsouff said, most other teams weren't much cop last season - looking at the results week in week out, many teams were very inconsistent! 

Can't disagree but we were in the play offs because we were in a play off place when season was ended!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Last season. But they normally average more than us. 

Which is probably more to do with being in a good location for all the London clubs away support.

I'd imagine our respective home support would see us outnumber them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flea said:

Which is probably more to do with being in a good location for all the London clubs away support.

I'd imagine our respective home support would see us outnumber them. 

Maybe. But they are one of the more established non league clubs. I'd much rather see Sutton go up than a team like Fylde 

9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

They get decent crowds too 

Over the last 2 season Sutton's average home attendance has dropped by approx 200 (1722, 14th in the NL) and HTFC has seen a rise of approx 600 (2141, 8th in the NL).

10 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Over the last 2 season Sutton's average home attendance has dropped by approx 200 (1722, 14th in the NL) and HTFC has seen a rise of approx 600 (2141, 8th in the NL).

Prior to that they had better crowde than us and they reached the play offs. When they did their crowds were over 2000 on a regular basis 

Edited by Erik Everhard

On 8/8/2020 at 12:23 PM, Alright Andy said:

Thanks.  Didn't know that bit. 

That's why we need good cup runs in mainly the FA Cup, but also the FA Trophy. People say it builds up a backlog, but it worked alright for Barnet last season as they did well financially from the cups and it made their average points per game a lot better too, enough to leapfrog from 11th into the playoffs.