4 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Surly if Duckworth is leaving we need to remove Hanson from the transfer list?

We are starting to look very threadbare and there seem to be no incoming signings to give us confidence in next season 

Wild doesn't rate Hanson, when Duckworth got injured he played a winger rather Hanson, think that tells us and him all we need.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would not be surprised to see Ducky back at Hartlepool. He IMO will be the biggest miss but yet again the loyalty shown by our club has not been repaid by a player.

Some people are really hard to please. ‘Misses a few headers’, indeed. Staunton plays (played) for Halifax Town, not Liverpool. Anyone who saw him work his proverbials off, body on the line, etc. at O

On reflection after digesting the retained list I am of the opinion various decisions on the list were made for both squad flexibility and financial reasons. Redshaw showed occasional glimpses of tr

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Who told you they're on the same money for doing the extra day training, and last year it was optional but this year they've got to do it

The budget is exactly the same as last season. So, you would expect the same players to be on similar or the same wages.

11 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I would be less than disappointed if Jeff King decided to go elsewhere aswell. 

Assists for days from him last season, admittedly his best games were away from the Shay so some may not have seen them

2 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Assists for days from him last season, admittedly his best games were away from the Shay so some may not have seen them

Was a walking yellow card. 

As for the away games I work the Saturdays we are not at home so I only see the home ones. I saw nothing from him really. Until he moved to a role we didn't actually sign him to play.. then he showed abit of something. Lot of players going around this summer I'd like to think we can do better. 

14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

The budget is exactly the same as last season. So, you would expect the same players to be on similar or the same wages.

Last thing I saw he said the budget is close to last seasons. I suspect it's actually lower. Wild has already said he wants to enter the loan market more and use under 23's. Granted he wants more athletic players and ones with experience but what he wants and what he can bring in are different matters. I can see us risking inexperienced players next season.

• Like 1

Duckworth tried to get a club last season and failed which is the reason why he was with us. He has a big house (and presumably big mortgage) in York and a baby. He might struggle to get the money he wants so what happens then? I presume he would come back to us on the same contract he`s been offered. Or would he be unemployed? I don`t know. Can someone give a definitive answer please.

I really liked Jacob Hanson as a footballer and am slightly disappointed that he`s going.

Cooper and Tobi going is not an issue. Hope they find clubs so they don`t come back. 

It sounds very much like this season is going to be Pete`s team. This will be a great test for him.

32 minutes ago, Greggs said:

That's why I said in my post in his recognised position. He wasn't signed for that role he was signed as a winger and as a winger he wasnt at the races 

What has that got to do with anything?

Would you have released Macca because he was a rubbish centre back? That’s the position we signed him as.

If Wild wants to play him as a LWB, fully happy if he signed again.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Last thing I saw he said the budget is close to last seasons. I suspect it's actually lower. Wild has already said he wants to enter the loan market more and use under 23's. Granted he wants more athletic players and ones with experience but what he wants and what he can bring in are different matters. I can see us risking inexperienced players next season.

Yes, I think you're right mate. I do think one or two will have been offered slightly less this season. But even if it's the same you're looking at more money in travelling costs each week. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
1 minute ago, shaymandownsouff said:

What has that got to do with anything?

Would you have released Macca because he was a rubbish centre back? That’s the position we signed him as.

If Wild wants to play him as a LWB, fully happy if he signed again.

Again it's only my opinion. 

I'd be content if he moved on 

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Yes, I think you're right mate. I do think one or two will have been offered slightly less this season. But even if it's the same you're looking looking at more money in travelling costs each week. 

Suspect some are leaving on matters of principle, it's to be hoped they can do better elsewhere, a bird in the hand & all that.

Worryingly we are being rejected by players who are ok/average at this level due to our wage offers , can only see us replacing them with cheaper worse than average players. In the current financial climate the fact that TSS can reject an offer terrifies me as to the Calibre of players we’ll get next year. Genuinely fear for next year 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Worryingly we are being rejected by players who are ok/average at this level due to our wage offers , can only see us replacing them with cheaper worse than average players. In the current financial climate the fact that TSS can reject an offer terrifies me as to the Calibre of players we’ll get next year. Genuinely fear for next year 

That’s my concern. It will be interesting to see what  Wild has to say if/when he is questioned about it. Got a lot of explaining to do 

2 minutes ago, Jmc said:

It could be that he just wanted to move back down south. At least that’s what I hope.

I’m also worried by how competitive our budget will be. Hopefully we can get some gems from the lower leagues to offset the higher earners.

8 minutes ago, Jmc said:

One thing is for sure - Pete Wild says he has agents and players coming out of his ears wanting to join. He will have the chance now to properly build a squad of his players and then he will be judged accordingly on that. 

With so many players apparently out of contract in the football league and struggling to secure contracts for next season the good managers should be able to cash in on this and get quality in. 

Im wondering if the club messed up releasing some players and announcing a transfer list prior to securing some of the players they wanted to keep. It looks like a big rebuild job now. The concern is it there doesn't seem to be a budget there to sign a marquee or name player that will excite. Instead it will probably be cheap journeymen or kids.

• Like 1

Glad to see Sho Silva and Cooper move on.

More concerned with Wild in that he had seen enough quality in them to offer them a contract to begin with.....

Massive season for Wild in blending three quarters of a new squad together.....

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Flea said:

One thing is for sure - Pete Wild says he has agents and players coming out of his ears wanting to join. He will have the chance now to properly build a squad of his players and then he will be judged accordingly on that. 

With so many players apparently out of contract in the football league and struggling to secure contracts for next season the good managers should be able to cash in on this and get quality in. 

Im wondering if the club messed up releasing some players and announcing a transfer list prior to securing some of the players they wanted to keep. It looks like a big rebuild job now. The concern is it there doesn't seem to be a budget there to sign a marquee or name player that will excite. Instead it will probably be cheap journeymen or kids.

Loan market will be important next season. I hope he goes after and signs 3 or 4 players that he really wanted and are within our budget. Then it's a case of looking at players released from league clubs who live in the north. Trying to pick up talent from the likes of Notts County and maybe Harrogate, that have been released. Loads to choose from but when you look at our wage structure it will rule out many players. Then you're looking at a dmaller pool of players and hunger and desire also comes into play. 

The topic of loan players keeps coming up. With the increase in demands for caps on the number of players an EFL team can have, then the time may be coming when there will be numbers of EFL squad players who might be coming up for loan deals. There is also the financial aspect to this with EFL clubs looking to reduce their wages bill, and a loan deal with the NL club paying some of the wages would be attractive to them. 

The use of under 23 players is also of interest. When you look back at say the Man Utd team that had Beckham etc, most of those players were out on loan at some point, they did not just walk into the first team. I continually ask myself about what the future holds for young English players at a PL or Championship side. They go through the Academy system, there is no reserve team football anymore, and they risk ending up warming a bench somewhere. Why would you not want to go and learn your trade and improve by playing week in week out, especially if there was no financial downside for you, at a club within commuting distance? There must be players at Leeds/Sheff Utd who would fit the bill.

7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

The topic of loan players keeps coming up. With the increase in demands for caps on the number of players an EFL team can have, then the time may be coming when there will be numbers of EFL squad players who might be coming up for loan deals. There is also the financial aspect to this with EFL clubs looking to reduce their wages bill, and a loan deal with the NL club paying some of the wages would be attractive to them. 

The use of under 23 players is also of interest. When you look back at say the Man Utd team that had Beckham etc, most of those players were out on loan at some point, they did not just walk into the first team. I continually ask myself about what the future holds for young English players at a PL or Championship side. They go through the Academy system, there is no reserve team football anymore, and they risk ending up warming a bench somewhere. Why would you not want to go and learn your trade and improve by playing week in week out, especially if there was no financial downside for you, at a club within commuting distance? There must be players at Leeds/Sheff Utd who would fit the bill.

Plenty of talented u23's iut there at Chamlionship and Premier League clubs. It's having that desire and hinger to win that's the key thing.

You mentioned Man U and their great youngsters when they were coming through. Beckham was on loan at Preston, if I remmeber rightly and he won rave revues while on loan there. Beckham was a born winner and would try and win any game he played in by giving his all 

That's the kind of mentality we need. 

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Loan market will be important next season. I hope he goes after and signs 3 or 4 players that he really wanted and are within our budget. Then it's a case of looking at players released from league clubs who live in the north. Trying to pick up talent from the likes of Notts County and maybe Harrogate, that have been released. Loads to choose from but when you look at our wage structure it will rule out many players. Then you're looking at a dmaller pool of players and hunger and desire also comes into play. 

There’s no way he will sign 3 or 4 players that he wants as first choice , it’s bleedingly obvious the budget isn’t there