Bubba

Retained list

1 minute ago, ashy1966 said:

Tell me what he did against Borehamwood? Surely we can better? 

Tell me what the majority of the team did? Who had a good game other than tobi? Did jamie allen touch the ball? 

28 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I’m starting to warm to cooper, he’s one of the better players still on our books.

If he stays he needs to get fit, fitter than last season. He blows out of his arris after 30 minutes but still keeps going. 

I know he's there to break play up but I'd like to see his passing improve and the silly free kicks decrease along with yellow cards.

He puts the effort in but we need a bit more quality from him next season. 

47 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Tell me what the majority of the team did? Who had a good game other than tobi? Did jamie allen touch the ball? 

Allen played well 1st half. Pity TSS could only last 60 minutes after 3 months rest.. 

35 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Allen played well 1st half. Pity TSS could only last 60 minutes after 3 months rest.. 

That's when you tend to find players pulling up. If he'd a run of games he might been better, but it's all ifs and buts. He put it in for 60 minutes and almost won us the tie.

• Like 2

I always look back when thinking about current players IE Jack Earing. Remember a certain Geoff Horsfield. He wasn’t good enough for a few of our managers. Then Sir George took him under his wing and made him a conference winning golden boot (maybe) player. And it pretty much happened overnight. I’m hoping with a full preseason of training. PW brings out the player that Dave Lee said was hiding inside. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

I always look back when thinking about current players IE Jack Earing. Remember a certain Geoff Horsfield. He wasn’t good enough for a few of our managers. Then Sir George took him under his wing and made him a conference winning golden boot (maybe) player. And it pretty much happened overnight. I’m hoping with a full preseason of training. PW brings out the player that Dave Lee said was hiding inside. 

I think earing will turn out to be a great player

My main concern with Earing is that he had two loan spells at Spennymoor and Farsley and didn’t seem to do anything special by the sounds of it. This is a level above and as it stands, he’s our only creative player. Lot of pressure on him to replace King. I suspect he may be back up to a new attacking midfielder personally 

55 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

I think earing will turn out to be a great player

I agree, he's a quality player, picks his passes, gets involved without resorting to headless chicken mode!

You can always tell a good player, they are already in the right position without having to run round like an idiot!

1 hour ago, SHAY man 2 said:

I wouldn't mind having someone like Carl Piergianni from Salford, he has just been released 

He’s signing for Oldham 

11 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Tell me what he did against Borehamwood? Surely we can better? 

Not much ,  & yes I hope we can do better if not  we will be at the bottom end of the table looking up,I was being a little sarcastic, I feel so far we are loosing our better players, if any more go cooper will be one of better Ones left..

1 hour ago, SHAY man 2 said:

I wouldn't mind having someone like Carl Piergianni from Salford, he has just been released 

Heath tried to sign him before he joined Salford.

3 minutes ago, chadders said:

Heath tried to sign him before he joined Salford.

Really ? I didn't know that... that's a shame because he is a class player... 

Edited by SHAY man 2

16 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Can only get what he can afford with the budget given. I feel he's scraping around in the bins for the leftovers nobody wants

Not at all. It is claimed that there are 1400 players out of contract this summer and a lot of them will be struggling to find a club and earn the wages that they would like, because many clubs are cutting their outgoings. So lots of decent players to go around. Have no fears, we could pick up some decent signings. Wild about Pete!

It probably is about brinkmanship, plenty players about at the moment the trick is picking the right ones. Agents may tout their players such as some of ours are, often the grass is greener & they are better staying where they are wanted.

37 minutes ago, andrich said:

Not at all. It is claimed that there are 1400 players out of contract this summer and a lot of them will be struggling to find a club and earn the wages that they would like, because many clubs are cutting their outgoings. So lots of decent players to go around. Have no fears, we could pick up some decent signings. Wild about Pete!

He said he had hundreds of voicemails on his phones from agents. There's millions of players out there, but the agent, of course, is looking for the best deal for his 'client'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaymus said:

He said he had hundreds of voicemails on his phones from agents. There's millions of players out there, but the agent, of course, is looking for the best deal for his 'client'.

It's a total lottery. 

13 hours ago, andrich said:

Agree and we might have to be patient for when time starts to tick down towards the season starting.  Then, hopefully, the pendulum of a deal swings in favour of the club rather than the player.

• Like 1

There must  be news on players  soon -

25.7.20 Pete Wild said, in Courier, defenders Jay Benn, Nathan Clarke, Michael Duckworth and Niall Maher, midfielders Jeff King, Cameron King, Jack Earing, Charlie Cooper, Josh Staunton and Danny Williams, strikers Jamie Allen and Tobi Sho-Silva and goalkeeper Sam Johnson as players already under contract or who have been offered new deals.

“We’ve given them a tight turnaround because of the announcement of the EFL season,” said Wild.

“Our announcement is hopefully pending, I don’t know what that is, so I’ve got to move quickly.”If lads want to accept what’s on the table, then great, if they don’t then we have to go and find replacements for them.

“They’ve been given quite a quick turnaround to accept or decline and then, if they decline I have to move on, and if they accept then fantastic.”

Should all those offered contracts accept them, Wild says that would leave space for about seven new arrivals, taking the squad up to his preferred number of 20.

Edited by rdj

5 minutes ago, rdj said:

There must  be news on players  soon -

25.7.20 Pete Wild said, in Courier, defenders Jay Benn, Nathan Clarke, Michael Duckworth and Niall Maher, midfielders Jeff King, Cameron King, Jack Earing, Charlie Cooper, Josh Staunton and Danny Williams, strikers Jamie Allen and Tobi Sho-Silva and goalkeeper Sam Johnson as players already under contract or who have been offered new deals.

“We’ve given them a tight turnaround because of the announcement of the EFL season,” said Wild.

“Our announcement is hopefully pending, I don’t know what that is, so I’ve got to move quickly.”If lads want to accept what’s on the table, then great, if they don’t then we have to go and find replacements for them.

“They’ve been given quite a quick turnaround to accept or decline and then, if they decline I have to move on, and if they accept then fantastic.”

Should all those offered contracts accept them, Wild says that would leave space for about seven new arrivals, taking the squad up to his preferred number of 20.

The club tweeted last week saying there  would be an update on the retained list ‘early part of next week’