Bubba

Retained list

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

2 totally different footballers and positions but i like both. King behind the strikers and cooper infront of the defence. Shame King has left lets hope we sign a good replacement 

I would like to see Earing given plenty of game time pre season as I feel we could have a replacement already 

4 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

2 totally different footballers and positions but i like both. King behind the strikers and cooper infront of the defence. Shame King has left lets hope we sign a good replacement 

Staunton can protect the defence & he can pass a football better. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Why cant we have both in the squad? 

Because we will have 3 players practically the same type. Cooper, Maher & Staunton. 

How about adding a bit of flair in there? Something different. 

8 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Because we will have 3 players practically the same type. Cooper, Maher & Staunton. 

I have a feeling Maher will play in a back 3 and you dont have to play all 3 at the same time. It's a squad game, more than happy to have Maher, Staunton & Cooper in a 20 man squad 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

I agree we need some flair and creativity as an option. I've had my say on King so won't go over that again. 

Hopefully Earing will come on leaps and bounds and be a good replacement but its a risk as he hasn't played a lot of man's football. 

1 hour ago, ashy1966 said:

Cooper runs around like a headless chicken, must misplace a pass at least half a dozen times a game. 

King can play football. Cooper cannot. 

Half a dozen misplaced passes? That’s nothing. Remember Danny Lowe? He must have misplaced 10 to 20 a game, but some of you thought he was wonderful!

23 minutes ago, andrich said:

Half a dozen misplaced passes? That’s nothing. Remember Danny Lowe? He must have misplaced 10 to 20 a game, but some of you thought he was wonderful!

I remember Bob Wallace who got loads of stick from the supporters because he misplaced a few passes until it was pointed out that the more you get involved the more you are likely to make a mistake now and again.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, andrich said:

Especially Papa... 

31 minutes ago, andrich said:

You can kick his dog and call his grandmother names but don't you dare say anything against Danny Lowe. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Haha 1

Never mind we have a potential premiership CF and a competent full back lined up to sign according to Papa Laz

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

IMHO PW's signings have to be far better than last season. This coming season will make him or condemn him to being a NL manager for a good few seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, townmad said:

I remember Bob Wallace who got loads of stick from the supporters because he misplaced a few passes until it was pointed out that the more you get involved the more you are likely to make a mistake now and again.

Good point. That's very true. 

The more you do - the liklihood of making a mistake increases. 

Just now, SHAY man 2 said:

Someone said that Tobi is in talks with 3 NL clubs 

I sure hope they dont outbid us. That would be a crying shame.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

IMHO PW's signings have to be far better than last season. This coming season will make him or condemn him to being a NL manager for a good few seasons.

Can only get what he can afford with the budget given. I feel he's scraping around in the bins for the leftovers nobody wants

24 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Someone said that Tobi is in talks with 3 NL clubs 

Ive always believed that every striker at some point has a proper purple patch but I can't see it with TSS. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but if he goes and further depleats our squad then I won't be upset if I'm honest. 

Lovely lad, means well but hardly inspires us fans on match day! Let's be honest abd say you've got to be the most ardent of fans to get excited to see him on the team sheet.  North Korea personality cult proportions. 

Edited by Icke's Lizard

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Ive always believed that every striker at some point has a proper purple patch but I can't see it with TSS. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but if he goes and further depleats our squad then I won't be upset if I'm honest. 

Lovely lad, means well but hardly inspires us fans on match day! Let's be honest abd say you've got to be the most ardent of fans to get excited to see him on the team sheet.  North Korea personality cult proportions. 

On his own up top its a no but feel he can do a job up top in a 2. Obviously i hope we sign much better quality but would be against him being on the bench as an option. Had his best game so far in the playoffs

3 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

He needs to stay 100% fit. Then the team he plays for have to play with 2 up top. At the same time they need to keep their play on the floor as much as possible with the ball played at pace. He can play off the shoulder of defenders. 

But I think his performance in the play offs has really put him in the shop window. 

I could see him signing for a southern based NL club. 

7 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

On his own up top its a no but feel he can do a job up top in a 2. Obviously i hope we sign much better quality but would be against him being on the bench as an option. Had his best game so far in the playoffs

Yeah ill give him his due and he played well. But there were too many times last year where he was yards behind the play and was nowhere inside the box waiting for a cross, plus he isn't tough enough imo. We need a hard sod of a striker and he isn't that.  And as I say he can't be the poacher of a front 2 as he isn't anywhere near most times. 

I will support him should he stay and wish he makes a fool of me. I can't see it.  

8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He needs to stay 100% fit. Then the team he plays for have to play with 2 up top. At the same time they need to keep their play on the floor as much as possible with the ball played at pace. He can play off the shoulder of defenders. 

But I think his performance in the play offs has really put him in the shop window. 

I could see him signing for a southern based NL club. 

His play off performance keeps getting brought up. He played fantastically in that game. However he disappeared from October onwards. Was dropped when Rodney came in and if Rodney had of stayed for the play offs. We wouldn't even be talking about that performance. At this level he isn't getting more than 10 goals in a season in my opinion. Again just my opinion. 

Would he be better in a 2. Certainly he played better in his last game like that. However he lacks a goalscorers instinct to be a consistent bagger at this level..

Edited by Greggs

One thing we can say about TSS, we can't fault his effort or desire. I always feel like he is giving everything he has got to the cause.

I don't however see him as a 20 goal a season man or someone who I would want to lead the line as our main target man. For me he would be nothing more than a squad player next season ideally if he was still here.

I also agree about the comment above about how on his own up front it doesn't work, yet with a strike partner he does look better. I think overall however he is going to struggle to win over the majority of our fans as his reputation isn't high at the moment and unless he bangs in loads next season people will soon be on his back. 

• Like 3

Agree with above comments. TSS played excellent against Boreham Wood but overall he didn’t do enough this season to justify a new deal for me. Like others have said, he’s not strong enough to be a target man and not instinctive enough to be a poacher.

His performance against Boreham Wood could be a blessing in disguise for us. It put him in the shop window. Seems like a nice lad, and I wish him well if he stays or goes. I’ll give him some credit he works hard to the point he also can’t last 90 minutes like King. However, i do think there’s better players out there in our range.

Edited by AJS
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Cooper does what he is asked to do in the majority of games, he doesnt escape criticism at all

I’m starting to warm to cooper, he’s one of the better players still on our books.

17 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I’m starting to warm to cooper, he’s one of the better players still on our books.

Tell me what he did against Borehamwood? Surely we can better?