• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would not be surprised to see Ducky back at Hartlepool. He IMO will be the biggest miss but yet again the loyalty shown by our club has not been repaid by a player.

Some people are really hard to please. ‘Misses a few headers’, indeed. Staunton plays (played) for Halifax Town, not Liverpool. Anyone who saw him work his proverbials off, body on the line, etc. at O

On reflection after digesting the retained list I am of the opinion various decisions on the list were made for both squad flexibility and financial reasons. Redshaw showed occasional glimpses of tr

Posted Images

I can see this forum blowing a fuse and going into meltdown.  There were only about three players who featured on pretty much everyone's retained list and one of those is now available for transfer.  Oh dear

Keeping Cooper and Sho-Silva is very questionable. As long as TSS is backup and not starting every week then it’s not too bad, not good enough to start every week for us though. Don’t see anything in cooper, again wouldn’t want him starting every week for us. 

Matty Brown going though... honestly absolutely gutted. This extra day of training better make a difference now because we’re losing probably our most influential player and captain.

Lewis Walsh has just raised an excellent point on twitter. Scargill releases an interview today with Brown where he says how much he’s looking forward to next season and then later on in the day he’s transfer listed? Very strange...

• Like 1

Head scratching retained list. Maher and Staunton are too much alike I’d have released one of them. Cooper, Williams, and Tobi would have been released too IMO. Watch Redshaw move on and get a boat load of goals albeit probably in a lower division.

Edited by thetalktrainer

And it does say offers made. No guarantee they will accept so that list may well become shorter. Assume the players have been given a deadline to respond.

As for Browny, those niggling injuries cropped up again last season, and he quite often came in for stick on here

Just now, Riders of Rohan said:

Let’s look at this in reverse. Bring in four good players in the right positions and we have a good squad.

Pack Centre half if Browny goes.

Two strikers 

An experienced midfield player.

Then a loanee  from a top club

Its called building on a successful season.

This idea that you move out 12 and get another 12 better has in my opinion never worked for Halifax Town.

Agreed. Apart from Browny, there’s something to be said with continuity and stability. Let’s not forget this squad kept us in the top half all season.

• Like 1

FC Halifax Town Football Club announces the list of players who will be released, those retained for next season, those available for transfer and those offered further terms of re-engagement.

Manager Pete Wild –

“Making decisions like these at the end of the season is never easy, but I would like to thank all of the players for their service during the 2019/20 campaign.

“As I highlighted in my recent open letter to the fans, next year I need all my team to ‘go the extra mile’ therefore an extra day of training is necessary and will be compulsory for all players. It’s imperative that I have the whole squad buying into the required changes to ensure we are giving everything we can to the success of the Football Club and to you the supporters”

“Unfortunately due to these essential changes, some players are unable to commit fully to the new 20/21 training schedule”.

“Some of the decisions I’ve made are probably the most difficult of my career to date, however unavoidable to ensure we meet the objectives of the 20/21 season and to the future success of the Club”.

“I would like in particular to mention Josh Macdonald who has been a great servant at the Football Club for a number of years, and I’d like to thank him for his effort, commitment and professionalism throughout his time with us”.

“We wish all of the players the very best for their future careers.”

Players under contract & or offers made

Sam Johnson

Jack Earing

Niall Maher

Jay Benn

Nathan Clarke

Michael Duckworth

Jeff King

Charlie Cooper

Josh Staunton

Danny Williams

Cameron King

Jamie Allen

Tobi Sho-Silva

Players released 

Will Appleyard

Jerome Binnom – Williams

Liam Nolan

Josh MacDonald

Jack Redshaw

Players who have been placed on the transfer list

Jacob Hanson

Matty Brown

• Thanks 1

As his squad target number is 20 

this gives us 7 new players 

wild has always said he does want to a complete team rebuilding ..like fylde did and where did they go ...down 

he wanted to add and tweak.. build not start again 

surprised at brown .. but his injuries always left us at risk 

pleased he has kept Maher and Staunton think those two will just get better and better 

Most surprised by Danny Williams and Jeff king. 

biggest hope is jack earring .. that lad hit a ball like a premiership player..better than any of our existing players.. I hope with good coaching that he will develop into a class player but he needs game time to do it 

nick 

• Like 1

Well I’m not happy with the retained list but based on what we have left my predictions signing wise will be:

Gk to replace Appleyard

CB to replace Brown

LB to replace JBW

CM to replace Nolan

3 Wingers/Strikers to replace Rodney/Redshaw/MacDonald

Dont need another right back to replace Hanson as we’ve got Jeff King and Maher who can cover there

Browny being transfer listed definitely raises a lot of questions. Is it because he can't commit to an extra day's training? When did Wild let the players know about the new training regime? Was the interview with the Courier conducted before or after Wild let the players know and had conversations with them? 

Massively disappointing that this has come out of the blue and that we haven't been able to give him a proper send off. Wherever he goes will definitely be getting one of the best defenders in the league, that's for sure.

Edited by Lewis

Well my getting a season ticket has been pushed back even further now. 

That's knocked me for 6. For a start off Jeff King isn't good enough. Neither is danny William's. Sho Silva better be back up. Cooper and Staunton  can't pass to save there lives. He's been far too loyal to far too many of that squad. I cant help but think he will regret it when he's got no budget left..

Some of them on that retained list are joke decisions in my opinion 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Browny being transfer listed definitely raises a lot of questions. Is it because he can't commit to an extra day's training? When did Wild let the players know about the new training regime? Was the interview with the Courier conducted before or after Wild let the players know and had conversations with them? 

Massively disappointing that this has come out of the blue and that we haven't been able to give him a proper send off. Wherever he goes will definitely be getting one of the best defenders in the league, that's for sure.

Does Browny have another job on the side? Maybe that's the issue. Not many hybrid/part time clubs around this area in this league i believe. Suspect he may end up somewhere like Chester

I would have kept four players from the retained list and added Brown (may still be with us if no one comes in for him). Other than that the rest of them need to show major improvement along with some really great signings from a limited budget to maintain momentum as a club on the up.

Definitely a make or break season for the gaffer on that news.

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

Does Browny have another job on the side? Maybe that's the issue. Not many hybrid/part time clubs around this area in this league i believe. Suspect he may end up somewhere like Chester

Chester would be my call as well. Knows the club, close to home, good mates with Kev Roberts. Prob get similar money to here. Wouldn’t surprise me if Redshaw turns up at Chester as well. Both players will also be well know to Chester managers

Edited by shaymen down under
  • Like 2