Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We had no right to be where we were given the carnage of last pre season 

We know where the dead wood is and I trust Wild to sort it. 

There are some huge teams in this league which York or Chester will hopefully add to. 

Wild is a likeable guy and with his own budget let's see what he is made of

We have a fairly solid base with Brown and Johnson already signed on. Hopefully ducky too will stay. 

I'd rather have a problem with an attack to sort than a defence. 

Onwards we go. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a shame we have to have Stevenage back, as they do not hold out the promise of a big pay day. We will be lucky if they bring 100 to the Shay.

York or Chester hold out the promise of more. If we can keep Notts County  and Yeovil down for another season, that will help, and if we have a resurgent Stockport we would have a good show from them as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Just a shame we have to have Stevenage back, as they do not hold out the promise of a big pay day. We will be lucky if they bring 100 to the Shay.

York or Chester hold out the promise of more. If we can keep Notts County  and Yeovil down for another season, that will help, and if we have a resurgent Stockport we would have a good show from them as well. 

Its getting to the point where half the National League are actually proper teams. Would be ideal to lose a hobbyist club this time around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Its getting to the point where half the National League are actually proper teams. Would be ideal to lose a hobbyist club this time around. 

On the downside we will be getting KIngs Lynn and Wealdstone, 2 clubs not very high on my grounds I must visit list

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

On the downside we will be getting KIngs Lynn and Wealdstone, 2 clubs not very high on my grounds I must visit list

Although they ought to be disliked by us as they are a M25 club, Wealdstone are a sound, traditional non-league club such as near-neigbours Barnet.

They were previous conference winners before promotion and founder members

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Rather have York or Chester than Boreham Wood, hope the EFL get them or Harrogate & enjoy their legions of support.

Agreed, but if Borehamwood do get through and win at Wembley it will be a bad day for the Nat league if their second best team is a bankrolled tiny club that can barely muster 750 of its own fans

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 9:00 AM, ITMAN said:

On the downside we will be getting KIngs Lynn and Wealdstone, 2 clubs not very high on my grounds I must visit list

Nice, surprisingly big, old fashioned ground is King's Lynn. I quite like the town as well. Can think of many worse places to watch Town. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Nice, surprisingly big, old fashioned ground is King's Lynn. I quite like the town as well. Can think of many worse places to watch Town. 

I have never actually visited the football ground, but having had to go there on a regular basis in the past for work, it is a right faff to get to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 9:20 PM, Greggs said:

We had no right to be where we were given the carnage of last pre season 

We know where the dead wood is and I trust Wild to sort it. 

There are some huge teams in this league which York or Chester will hopefully add to. 

Wild is a likeable guy and with his own budget let's see what he is made of

We have a fairly solid base with Brown and Johnson already signed on. Hopefully ducky too will stay. 

I'd rather have a problem with an attack to sort than a defence. 

Onwards we go. 

I am obviously disappointed we lost the other night but I'm still very proud of the management and playing staff. 

They gave it their all and played really well in that first half. TSS was superb. 

Many of the players and manager have spoke about how good the dressing room is. You can''t buy that and if they can hold onto that and add some more decent characters with a bit more quality then we could well see another play offs finish next season.

Still proud of their achievements. 

UTS

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chadders said:

Spent many good Saturday nights watching The Dukes there was a decent drinking town back then too tho there were certainly some characters around!!

I was going to mention the speedway, not sure if they still have a team, but if so and the fixtures fell right it would be a good one for an away weekend. My missus has always fancied going to hunstanton, and there are some nice hotel there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I was going to mention the speedway, not sure if they still have a team, but if so and the fixtures fell right it would be a good one for an away weekend. My missus has always fancied going to hunstanton, and there are some nice hotel there.

Hunstanton and Cromer nice little places and yes they still have a team but not sure if they still ride on a Saturday night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

I was going to mention the speedway, not sure if they still have a team, but if so and the fixtures fell right it would be a good one for an away weekend. My missus has always fancied going to hunstanton, and there are some nice hotel there.

Cromer is a better base, a few hours in Hunstanton is more than enough . Sheringham is a nice coastal town too . An hour at Thursford if you like big organs 

Edited by Wilder Bollox
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the teams that have proved successful they need three qualities pace, strength and height. 
 

Our weaknesses have for me been from the midfield having none of those qualities and our defence having a lack of pace. 
 

Strikers who have those qualities are rare so will settle for a combination of all three over two or three new ones.
  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

Cromer is a better base, a few hours in Hunstanton is more than enough . Sheringham is a nice coastal town too . An hour at Thursford if you like big organs 

North Norfolk has many interesting places to visit. Do as we do and avoid peak holiday seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...