Disappointing tonight

29 minutes ago, AJS said:

Having slept on it I’m still just as disappointed. Boreham Wood upped the the intensity in the second half but we did the total opposite. It was quite clear we were playing for the 1-0. Whether that was the tactics or players unconsciously dropping back im unsure.

But it feels like when Plan A doesn’t work we are doomed. The game was crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and run at them. Why we didn’t have J Mac on the bench I’ll never know. That game was crying out for someone like him when we went behind. Frustrating way to end the season and I just hope Wild learns from his mistakes. 

Second  half we displayed all our failings from prior to the lockdown, therefore PW hasn't learned or some of the players are incapable of carrying out his instructions. PW needs a midfield general with the capabilities to carry through the tactical plan, or the plan is flawed in the first place.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

However, lets remember where we were this time last year. Six registered players, moral low, a manager disliked by pretty much everyone and the bookies favourite for the drop. We extended ou

They've let nobody down!

Wow. Just wow.

6 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Second  half we displayed all our failings from prior to the lockdown, therefore PW hasn't learned or some of the players are incapable of carrying out his instructions. PW needs a midfield general with the capabilities to carry through the tactical plan, or the plan is flawed in the first place.

Said we needed that before the season even started it was glaringly obvious that is why I was very disappointed in PWs knowledge of players at this level, then he signs Cooper.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Said we needed that before the season even started it was glaringly obvious that is why I was very disappointed in PWs knowledge of players at this level, then he signs Cooper.

The lack of the steady old head in midfield has been apparent for two seasons through three managers tenure, 99.9% of supporters can see it, surely we could have found a decent loan player in that mould in that time.

8 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

The lack of the steady old head in midfield has been apparent for two seasons through three managers tenure, 99.9% of supporters can see it, surely we could have found a decent loan player in that mould in that time.

You would have expected both JF (ex MF) & PW to have an abundance of knowledge on that type of player. 

Gutted about the result. 

We have the manager to get us back, the players competed last night but I feel they weren't fit enough. These are strange times and so I won't be too heavy or critical of them. 

Boreham Wood had a friendly last week and although they lost, it mattered hugely as they had match minutes uses under their belt and it showed. 

If the rumours about the council denying us a friendly down the Shay are true then shame on them. They have hindered our progress and development. Absolute shysters with no interest in this town and not one good luck message from them or our MP. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Gutted about the result. 

We have the manager to get us back, the players competed last night but I feel they weren't fit enough. These are strange times and so I won't be too heavy or critical of them. 

Boreham Wood had a friendly last week and although they lost, it mattered hugely as they had match minutes uses under their belt and it showed. 

If the rumours about the council denying us a friendly down the Shay are true then shame on them. They have hindered our progress and development. Absolute shysters with no interest in this town and not one good luck message from them or our MP. 

Not everyone is interested in football.

I would rather our MP and council leaders stay silent than pretend that they care.

Clearly they would like to sell the Shay as it is a drain on resources.

5 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Not everyone is interested in football.

I would rather our MP and council leaders stay silent than pretend that they care.

Clearly they would like to sell the Shay as it is a drain on resources.

Denying us a friendly down the Shay had an impact. We weren't fit enough and it showed last night. I feel that we were good enough and competed well but our heads and brains went as our fitness dwindled. 

They should care about every single thing this town does as a successful football or rugby club can bring money into the area. They don't give a toss about us. 

There seems to be several topics on last night's match and my comments have probably already been stated on one or more of them.

Old football cliché, game of two halves.  Fine margins, how did their keeper get to Tobi's shot, 9/10 that's a goal at this level.  Foul on C King, two feet further forward and its a penalty.  We could have been three up at HT.  Their first goal, Sam had it covered, then a deflection send the ball to the opposite side of the goal.  Like I said, fine margins.

However after they equalised we seemed to go off the boil drastically.  Hoped we could have hung on to take the game to penalties but it wasn't to be.

Hugely disappointing but some of the comments slagging off the team or individuals are way out of order in my opinion

• Like 4
4 hours ago, hunsworthhound said:

As people have said a game fine margins. Not that disappointed we really were lucky to be in the play offs. Let's  judge  Pete  after a full season with his own  players.

Yes, and let us hope that he can reduce the number of goals conceded from set pieces and increase our goals scored from our set pieces.

Time spent on these aspects on the training ground will surely be more beneficial than practicing our  throw ins !

17 hours ago, Dougie1 said:

Tobi has his best first half of the season. He is not a goal scorer and needs to move on. He is not good enough. Asking to come off, very poor

Or was he thinking of the team more than himself? 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Agreed fair play to Tobi for admitting he had no more in the tank and fresh legs were needed.

17 hours ago, Greggs said:

I will be getting a season ticket I have for 20 odd years that's not changing. However this is slightly different to every other year isn't it? I want to see what I'm paying for..

Who knows what's coming? 

Another lockdown?

Another surge in cases? 

I can understand that this doesn't help the club in terms of a budget. 

But £350 is a huge amount of money to lay down on something with things as they are at this minute. 

I thought season tickets are £299?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I can't decipher if that's a tongue in cheek quotation. 

It's strange behaviour. I could accept it in normal circumstances if it was an injury and there was a danger of it getting worse, but last night was a one off chance, **** or bust. Its the manager who needs to judge if a player is tired based on his visible impact on the game,  the decision isn't the players. TSS had a positive impact last night, but pulling him and Cammie off the park made us worse, not better. 

25 minutes ago, chadders said:

Agreed fair play to Tobi for admitting he had no more in the tank and fresh legs were needed.

I've gone lightly on said player in the past but its head above parapet time. Your comment drove me to it. 

Perhaps he next does the right thing and admits he's not up to the task. 

Edited by shaymen_x
29 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I've gone lightly on said player in the past but its head above parapet time. Your comment drove me to it. 

Perhaps he next does the right thing and admits he's not up to the task. 

He admitted he was physically goosed last night but his performance in the first half shows there is a player in him and it's down to Wild or another manager to bring that to the party more consistently.

• Like 2

First half he stayed on his feet, played well up the field & had the BW defence rocking, when he came off Fyfield cruised through the game. If he can play like that regularly for 75mins he possibly has future. Don't think he has been played to his or our best advantage, that's down to management not the player.

Edited by Roy Race
46 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I thought season tickets are £299?

Maybe as the Kings Lynn owner has set the bar so high for S/T's that Mr B has had a rethink....:D

7 hours ago, Roy Race said:

It's one thing identifying such a player, it's another attracting them to the club. What's Mick Matthews doing now? Or is that TOO experienced?

40 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

We had four players last night who were probably unable to play to a good level for 90 minutes:

TSS

King

Allen

Redshaw

We can't be carrying players when we have a small squad.

No wonder we struggle to score goals!

The speed we play at plays a part too. The new 5 sub rule should help us to keep that momentum up next season. 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

The speed we play at plays a part too. The new 5 sub rule should help us to keep that momentum up next season. 

I hope the new 5 sub rule is abandoned once we get rid of this terrible virus, it slows the tempo of the game down. I would prefer no subs to 5 :doh:

Disappointing result last night, 1st half we could have had the game won if our passing was better, our strikers were working hard without any quality ball to run on to. Boreham Wood were no great shakes, 1 hour in winning 1-0 & throw it away in my opinion, too slow to press & no quality width. Boreham get a lucky deflection & our heads go down. Not blaming anyone, but with a little more belief & forward play would have taken the pressure off our goal.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

I hope the new 5 sub rule is abandoned once we get rid of this terrible virus, it slows the tempo of the game down. I would prefer no subs to 5 :doh:

Disappointing result last night, 1st half we could have had the game won if our passing was better, our strikers were working hard without any quality ball to run on to. Boreham Wood were no great shakes, 1 hour in winning 1-0 & throw it away in my opinion, too slow to press & no quality width. Boreham get a lucky deflection & our heads go down. Not blaming anyone, but with a little more belief & forward play would have taken the pressure off our goal.

What do you mean in slows the tempo of the game down? Can still only do substitutions at 3 points during a game 

Just now, halifaxmark said:

What do you mean in slows the tempo of the game down? Can still only do substitutions at 3 points during a game 

Are you saying that having 5 subs does not slow the tempo of the game down? Not only are you introducing 2 players at a time twice you are introducing more players who are not up to speed with the game. In my view, nearly every game I have witnesses where the 5 subs have been introduced, the pattern of play has slowed down.