Match thread Boreham Wood v FCHT

A bruising second half to watch. If it is a question of who wants it most, I think we somehow fell behind with that. 

Plenty of positives but they’re caught dead at the end of the season. We needed better. Still, we over-performed in the past 369(?) days since Fullarton flounced off.

Now, hold onto super Pete Wild and keep the faith. We love you Shaymen

• Like 2
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their keeper made two quality saves first half, and Town had plenty of the ball second half to have won it. A bit of luck or a bit more quality and we would have won at a canter. We weren't disgraced

Terra have a day off

I wonder how much it cost them to hire their fans? 

Brill first half, abysmal 2nd = inconsistency. That’s what’s it’s been On a few occasions this season, but hats off to Pete he’s done a cracking job in hid first season. Time now for some investment and some Peter Wild signings, not some other blokes hand me downs.

My theme of the season: Start with your best team, keep your best time on the park till you're forced to make a change

Tobi Sho.... Asked to be taken off?!!!! 

Cammie... Taken off when still a game breaker!!! 

I'm gutted, won't lie. Absolutely gutted.

First half was almost faultless, the almost coming from the fact that we definitely had the chances to make it 2-0 (the scramble from the free kick and Clarke's free header). 

Second half though, I'm not sure what's been said to them at half time but whats lead to them backing off further and further yet again?

The first goal is unfortunate to concede, but it's something that you feel would have come about eventually regardless of the circumstances given the way the game was going at the time. Just hope it doesn't play on Clarke's mind too much

Our substitutions though left me scratching my head. Really can't work out why we took Sho-Silva off (who it must be said was having the game of his life - get him playing like that every game next season and he'll bag), and then once Cameron King went off you knew it was game over. We really need someone next season who can come on in his mould as opposed to the dull and uninspring midfield options on the bench.

Speaking of dull and uninspiring, why was Cooper kept on for the full ninety minutes? Think today shows that he just isn't good enough sadly and that we really need someone much better in place for next season.

As for the second goal, it just goes to show why you can't give Matt Rhead an inch whatsoever. Brown had him covered all game, and as soon as he gets free he goes and scores. 

Just have to hope that lightning can strike twice now. It's going to be more of an uphill battle given some of the sides in the league next season, but I definitely trust Wild to build a squad capable of what we want to achieve now that he'll have a full pre-season as opposed to ten days.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Wild says that we have a great squad, that's a little frustrating if he thinks that, we have about 5 good players, that's not a great squad. Sorry,but we have to freshen up for next season

He has to say that though doesn't he? He will know where we have fallen short. 

1 minute ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Wild says that we have a great squad, that's a little frustrating if he thinks that, we have about 5 good players, that's not a great squad. Sorry,but we have to freshen up for next season

To be fair he’s hardly going to come out and slag them off and call them sh!t. I trust he knows what needs improving but you’re right in saying a lot of it does.

• Like 3

Like their manager said would have been a different game if TSSs shot just before half time had of gone in.

Proud we were even there in the playoffs. Wild has done amazingly. If he can keep the quality and add some of his own players I can see is being there again next season.

• Like 1

Our season summed up in 1 game, started well but slowly faded away.

I said earlier In the week it was a free hit because had it not been for Covid19 we wouldn't have made the play offs. With that in mind i dont feel too bad about it now but it was a frustrating watch.

I got the feeling it was pre planned to take Tobi off after 60 mins and Wild didn't want to change that plan, i bet BW were delighted.

No point over analysing the game now but it's clear the biggest area to improve on is in the middle of the park. Wont improve on this season unless we get a partnership that can retain posession. Running around a lot is not enough, need to be able to give your backline a rest from tike to time.

Lastly, what on earth was Browny doing shooting left footed from 40 yards when he had a simple pass and little time left?

• Like 2

Hats off to Pete Wild. Couldn't have asked for much more. In a way, I'm kind of relieved that this odd season is over. 

If I was to describe the over-riding feeling of the season, I would say we looked like the away team far too often (despite the many good results). 

Clearly work to do - and quickly. It's been another entertaining season though. 

Can someone tell me why Cam King is substituted every match he starts before the 75th minute. He is the only creative player in the last 3rd of the pitch yet you know he is coming off

the club desperately needs some investment to improve the squad and the current board, understandably do not want to throw money that may not bring success

anyway let me know about Cam Kkng

• Thanks 1
Just now, Dougie1 said:

Can someone tell me why Cam King is substituted every match he starts before the 75th minute. He is the only creative player in the last 3rd of the pitch yet you know he is coming off

the club desperately needs some investment to improve the squad and the current board, understandably do not want to throw money that may not bring success

anyway let me know about Cam Kkng

Absolute clown!!! 

Just now, shaymen_x said:

Absolute clown!!! 

He makes a valid point. 

We dont know Kings fitness and we have had issues with that but he hasnt played for 3 months and I think everyone would agree our only creative midfielder. I did question that sub myself. 

You knew we wouldn't score as soon as he went off 

7 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Our season summed up in 1 game, started well but slowly faded away.

I said earlier In the week it was a free hit because had it not been for Covid19 we wouldn't have made the play offs. With that in mind i dont feel too bad about it now but it was a frustrating watch.

I got the feeling it was pre planned to take Tobi off after 60 mins and Wild didn't want to change that plan, i bet BW were delighted.

No point over analysing the game now but it's clear the biggest area to improve on is in the middle of the park. Wont improve on this season unless we get a partnership that can retain posession. Running around a lot is not enough, need to be able to give your backline a rest from tike to time.

Lastly, what on earth was Browny doing shooting left footed from 40 yards when he had a simple pass and little time left?

I agree with all of that

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

The problem now is I think we will be shocked as to how many of this squad PW wants to keep, he has already stated he wants to keep the majority.

To be fair Steve he would have to say that going into the playoffs, second half performance tells me a few players didn't  believe him.

I believe our defence is as good as any in the league but we need a striker who can score 20+ goals a season find that and I think we will push for promotion. The problem is goals and Tobi is not good enough, nor is Allen. A striker is our main requirement 

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He makes a valid point. 

We dont know Kings fitness and we have had issues with that but he hasnt played for 3 months and I think everyone would agree our only creative midfielder. I did question that sub myself. 

You knew we wouldn't score as soon as he went off 

I actually agree with him. I was calling him a clown because I know him and he is one. 

There's no point in resting Cam King is there? He is our by far our best player.

To be honest I feel e should kept him on, irrespective of how he slept tonight or how he feels in the morning. Big game, season over. 

While we are at it. Redshaw is class, but only in a team that supports his style of play.