Match thread Boreham Wood v FCHT

Just now, Hoddie said:

Their keeper made two quality saves first half, and Town had plenty of the ball second half to have won it. A bit of luck or a bit more quality and we would have won at a canter. We weren't disgraced by any means, and to suggest they went out on a whimper is taking the proverbial imo. You can't expect Premier League quality in tier 5 football, and if you can't handle that then I suggest you need a new team to follow.

Exactly mate

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their keeper made two quality saves first half, and Town had plenty of the ball second half to have won it. A bit of luck or a bit more quality and we would have won at a canter. We weren't disgraced

Terra have a day off

I wonder how much it cost them to hire their fans? 

Time now to get the retained list out, we need new players in all areas. Send those still with us on holiday for a fortnight, then we go again.

We played well first half because Boreham Wood were poor.We only had two efforts on goal both from Sho Silva who had a good game first half. Learn from this experience, there should be some quality about looking for a club for next season. We have to be stronger.

Very disappointing way to lose the game, especially after such a good first half. 

Got a lot of gripes with the second half. I know it’s hard to be critical due to not playing for so long but it was absolutely horrendous. First of all I was surprised at how poor Duckworth was against their wing back Thomas. He’s right footed and cuts inside every single time, so predictable, yet Duckworth let him do it again and again. Cooper just isn’t a very good footballer unfortunately. His first touch, awareness and passing is all piss poor and the only thing you can praise him for is endeavour but even that was lacking second half. 

Even a blind man could see their main threat was set pieces yet we gave away silly foul after silly foul and sat back, giving away needless corners. We were caught napping so many times it was a joke. Rhead quicker off the mark at his weight than Staunton... I don’t even know what to say. I didn’t want to criticise wild either but there’s two things he did which were baffling. First of all taking off your main outlet against 3 giant centre halves in sho-silva and bringing on Redshaw, only to hoof into him and Allen aimlessly for the remainder of the game. We looked clueless. Second thing is taking your only creative player off for an unproven kid who’s been on loan in the national league north all season. As soon as they went ahead I knew it was over as we had zero creativity left on the pitch.

Anyway that’s my moan over. Emotions are running high so probably been a bit harsh there but I’m just so so annoyed.

• Like 4

Bit of positivity from me for a change. 

This league next season could include. Chesterfield. Stockport. Wrexham. Notts county. Hartlepool. York/Chester. 

My disappointment has already gone. Which I'm surprised about. 

Yeah we were poor second half. But It just showed where the dead wood is and now it can be cleared out. 

I hope Boreham wood go up. Let them go play in the football league. We wouldn't miss them 

• Like 1

Disappointing after a good start. We didn’t have the ability to cope with BW second half. All season we have sat back and let teams run at us and we struggled to knit our play together and put pressure on their keeper. PW now has experience and his first opportunity to build his own squad to improve performances next season.

• Like 1

Ultimately it was about quality on the ball. We got lots of time on the ball first half, 2nd half we were closed down with little time on the ball. We needed to be stronger and we needed to win the second ball. 
Wild said the winners would be the side that wanted the game the most. Halifax unfortunately didn’t seem to want it enough.

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Brown marks Rhead all night and does well then Staunton who is known for being poor at marking and in the air goes with Rhead and he scores 

I know your angry and we are all disappointed but I bet you'll wake up in the morning thanking your lucky stars we arnt now preparing for conference north which we really should have been. 

• Like 2

Been a cracking season overall but we’ve not learnt from our mistakes. I still feel Wild is the man to take us forward but he’s got a big job in the summer. Needs to be ruthless and get rid of certain players and recruit wisely. 

• Like 1
Just now, AJS said:

Been a cracking season overall but we’ve not learnt from our mistakes. I still feel Wild is the man to take us forward but he’s got a big job in the summer. Needs to be ruthless and get rid of certain players and recruit wisely. 

Big job in the summer :-) . Retained list and Contract offers need to be out by Monday In my opinion, pre season training probably starting within next two weeks.  He’s got two-three weeks to get his squad sorted lol.

When you bring Redshaw on you can't keep playing it over the top. We struggled to get the ball down and play on the deck. Even in the first half we sat deep, didn't press from the front. Second half particularly we resorted to giving too much space on the edge of the area. 

We need some fresh blood in and a bit of experience in the middle of the park to help control games.

• Like 2
Just now, TJAshton said:

Can’t be arsed trying to argue with some of you too gooders on here. The fans have been brilliant raising all that money and to put in that performance I’d be very pissed off! Gone out with an absolute whimper and to show no fight just makes everything so much worse. 

Had enough of been on here and trying to argue any justification on that performance and the zero fight shown from players. 

Good night and enjoy the rest of summer :)

Absolutely devoid of all knowledge of the game. The lads haven’t had a competitive game in donkeys, and have put everything into the game from the first to the last.

The evident problem was the lack of quality and cutting edge in the second half, not to mention Boreham Wood raised their performance, but to question the desire of the lads is just idiotic.

TSS strike goes in at the end of the first half and it’s a different story but that’s football.

Superb season, especially considering the shambolic pre season debacle. Up the Shaymen and onto next season.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, shayman7 said:

Poor performance 2nd half and where was the direction from the touchline?he's not the man for the job.

Whilst the second half was an absolute shambles, Pete Wild is comfortably our best manager since Aspin and he’s done a remarkable job this season given the circumstances he inherited. Give him a chance to get his own players in and then let’s see what happens.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I know your angry and we are all disappointed but I bet you'll wake up in the morning thanking your lucky stars we arnt now preparing for conference north which we really should have been. 

Christ, I’ll wholeheartedly agree with that 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

I know your the younger end Of town fans, but grow up.

Calling someone a tosser because he gives his opinion is grown up. Right?The manager took our best player off too early tonight. Sho Silva was having his best game by a mile. 

2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Calling someone a tosser because he gives his opinion is grown up. Right?The manager took our best player off too early tonight. Sho Silva was having his best game by a mile. 

Tosser? I’ve not called anyone a tosser. Might want to double check whose posted what.

Edited by shaymen down under
4 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Tosser? I’ve not called anyone a tosser. Might want to double check whose posted what.

He never said you said it. He’s stating someone called me it for stating an opinion 

Edited by TJAshton