Matchday Squad - Boreham Wood

Whats your thoughts on what the 17 player matchday squad will be tomorrow?

I reckon it will be:

Starting XI

Johnson

Duckworth, Maher, Clarke, Brown, Williams

Cooper, Staunton

C King

Allen, Redshaw

Subs

Appleyard, JBW, Nolan, Earing, J King, Sho-Silva

Missing Out

J Mac, Benn, Hanson

• Like 1

The only 2 changes I could see are Sho-Silva for Allen and J King for Duckworth. Wild might want to use Allen as an impact sub and he might not want to risk Duckworth. I’d go with your team though personally.

Don’t we get 9 on the subs bench? And 5 subs allowed to be used in 3 intervals?

• Like 1

Think we need to think of this as a squad game and use the substitutes to change the style 

perhaps starting with a 4-4-2 for the first half, keeping it steady and letting boreham tire

then switching to a more attacking 3-5-2 as they tire and bring on quicker legs in the second half to really run at them as they tire 

so we should not worry about exactly who starts and look at the totality of the game 

structure and tactics should be adoptive 

2 hours ago, Shayfan92 said:

Whats your thoughts on what the 17 player matchday squad will be tomorrow?

I reckon it will be:

Starting XI

Johnson

Duckworth, Maher, Clarke, Brown, Williams

Cooper, Staunton

C King

Allen, Redshaw

Subs

Appleyard, JBW, Nolan, Earing, J King, Sho-Silva

Missing Out

J Mac, Benn, Hanson

Isnt it the case now where all the players will be named on the day and any 5 subs can be used from the bench. Thats how it seems to be in the games ive watched since the re-start. So effectively all our 19 players will be out there and depending on our needs we do have options, particularly pace. 

3 hours ago, AJS said:

The only 2 changes I could see are Sho-Silva for Allen and J King for Duckworth. Wild might want to use Allen as an impact sub and he might not want to risk Duckworth. I’d go with your team though personally.

Don’t we get 9 on the subs bench? And 5 subs allowed to be used in 3 intervals?

Don't want to risk Duckworth? It, s our biggest game of the season & most important. He has to start. TSS will also start it, s nailed on. 

49 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Don't want to risk Duckworth? It, s our biggest game of the season & most important. He has to start. TSS will also start it, s nailed on. 

Don’t want him going down after 2 minutes struggling with his shoulder. Bet Boreham will leave some late ones on him without a doubt if he plays 

Hope we don't go 5-3-2, it had run its course before lockdown and puts Brown out of position. Brown will have to play well for us ro progress and that formation doesn't suit him.

I would go 4-3-3 and have TSS, Redshaw and Allen up top, Staunton and Cooper in the middle and a free role for Cam King.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, greygoose said:

Hope we don't go 5-3-2, it had run its course before lockdown and puts Brown out of position. Brown will have to play well for us ro progress and that formation doesn't suit him.

I would go 4-3-3 and have TSS, Redshaw and Allen up top, Staunton and Cooper in the middle and a free role for Cam King.

That would be effectively a 4-2-4 would be very bold and just can’t see Wild going for it.

Expect 3-5-2 and a tight nervy game

1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

That would be effectively a 4-2-4 would be very bold and just can’t see Wild going for it.

Expect 3-5-2 and a tight nervy game

Its a one off game, we need to be positive not play for a point like we might do in a league game like this.

My biggest concern tonight is seeing us lose without really troubling them. I don't expect us to win and if we dont so be it, however i'll be a bit miffed if we just sit back.

Ultimatley its up to Wild but whatever the starting line up/formation i just hope we have a good go and I'm sure we as fans will be happy.

27 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Its a one off game, we need to be positive not play for a point like we might do in a league game like this.

My biggest concern tonight is seeing us lose without really troubling them. I don't expect us to win and if we dont so be it, however i'll be a bit miffed if we just sit back.

Ultimatley its up to Wild but whatever the starting line up/formation i just hope we have a good go and I'm sure we as fans will be happy.

Spot on Greygoose.

We have all said that we are very pleased with getting into the playoffs, its a no brainer to give it our best shot. Play attacking football & lose & Pete will still finish the season with plenty in the bank from us fans + he will have learnt quite a bit of what is needed to give it a good go next season & the players will come out of it with some degree of positivity.

Play on the defensive & we learn nothing that we didn't know & the fans will feel somewhat let down. Next seasons sales will also take a hit.

Got to throw everything at them, it is the only way we will win.

2 hours ago, greygoose said:

100% spot on. Massive opportunity. Go for it!

If we give it a proper go then even if we lose there will be disappointment but no recriminations. Going out with a whimper and a clueless performance isn`t what the fans who have put their hands in their pockets deserve.

We can only ask for 100% in all areas - anything less isn`t acceptable.

• Like 1