I am assuming that on Friday we will be playing in our Away kit and not in our Club Colours of Blue. That being the case, and being slightly superstitious, lets hope its our Orange & Blue and not the Green/yellow & Grey. Our stats when wearing the "3rd" kit arent very good.

9 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I am assuming that on Friday we will be playing in our Away kit and not in our Club Colours of Blue. That being the case, and being slightly superstitious, lets hope its our Orange & Blue and not the Green/yellow & Grey. Our stats when wearing the "3rd" kit arent very good.

As BHW play in all white, there should be no reason why we cannot play in our preferred blue colours.

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

As BHW play in all white, there should be no reason why we cannot play in our preferred blue colours.

I agree with you Itman, but apparently in this "new" model of the game, thats not the case. It seems that due to sponsorship etc, we are obliged to wear our Away kit when away from home. I think we only wear the Green/Yellow if the other teams kit is red or orange. But what the heck do I know?

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I agree with you Itman, but apparently in this "new" model of the game, thats not the case. It seems that due to sponsorship etc, we are obliged to wear our Away kit when away from home. I think we only wear the Green/Yellow if the other teams kit is red or orange. But what the heck do I know?

Tommy rule 7.2 of the NL Handbook states:

When playing away from home, clubs must play in colours (shirts, shorts and socks) which are clearly distinguishable from those of their opponents and the Match Officials, in particular the goalkeeper must play in kit clearly distinguishable from the colours of the shirts worn by all other Players in the match and the Match Officials.

Neck and cuff rim colours on shirts are not regarded as basic colours for the purpose of this Rule. Subject to the foregoing a Club may, if it wishes, wear colours not registered with the Competition for away matches. It is the responsibility of the visiting Club to check that their colours will not clash.

Therefore as long as we do not clash we can play in whatever colours we want.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

When playing away from home, clubs must play in colours (shirts, shorts and socks) which are clearly distinguishable from those of their opponents and the Match Officials, in particular the goalkeeper must play in kit clearly distinguishable from the colours of the shirts worn by all other Players in the match and the Match Officials.

Neck and cuff rim colours on shirts are not regarded as basic colours for the purpose of this Rule. Subject to the foregoing a Club may, if it wishes, wear colours not registered with the Competition for away matches. It is the responsibility of the visiting Club to check that their colours will not clash.

I think most clubs completely ignore this rule completely then. I've been very vocal previously regarding the colour clashing of Goalkeepers these days. I know we played one particular game early in the season, I think it may have been Wrexham, we were in Orange and our shirts clashed massively with their Red ones. But the issue I refer to is more to do with the Sponsorship deals that clubs strike up. And to be fair, if I was a company spending a fair bit of cash sponsoring a teams away kit then I would stipulate that it be worn at all away games other than where it would be a clash.

22 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I think most clubs completely ignore this rule completely then. I've been very vocal previously regarding the colour clashing of Goalkeepers these days. I know we played one particular game early in the season, I think it may have been Wrexham, we were in Orange and our shirts clashed massively with their Red ones. But the issue I refer to is more to do with the Sponsorship deals that clubs strike up. And to be fair, if I was a company spending a fair bit of cash sponsoring a teams away kit then I would stipulate that it be worn at all away games other than where it would be a clash.

Tommy, in fairness I think that the majority of firms sponsoring away strips at this level are doing it for altruistic reasons rather than for commercial reasons, purely because the games in the NL are only televised on a very irregular basis, and the firms sponsoring tend to be local to the club. So I would expect those sponsors to put the clubs needs above their own.

In terms of the kit clashes, especially keepers, this is imo down to the referee. The Laws of the Game are quite specific about the need to avoid clashes, and it is within the remit of the referee to ask what colours each club will be playing in, and in most cases the competition rules will instruct the home club to inform the referee as part of the pre-match arrangements what colours are to be worn. The referee also has access to the league handbook,he should be provided with one at the start of the season as a courtesy which he can check if there are likely to be any potential clashes. My own solution, for local leagues was to carry a high vis jacket in my kit bag, which I would loan to any keeper who thought he looked good playing in black.    

26 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Tommy, in fairness I think that the majority of firms sponsoring away strips at this level are doing it for altruistic reasons rather than for commercial reasons, purely because the games in the NL are only televised on a very irregular basis, and the firms sponsoring tend to be local to the club. So I would expect those sponsors to put the clubs needs above their own.

In terms of the kit clashes, especially keepers, this is imo down to the referee. The Laws of the Game are quite specific about the need to avoid clashes, and it is within the remit of the referee to ask what colours each club will be playing in, and in most cases the competition rules will instruct the home club to inform the referee as part of the pre-match arrangements what colours are to be worn. The referee also has access to the league handbook,he should be provided with one at the start of the season as a courtesy which he can check if there are likely to be any potential clashes. My own solution, for local leagues was to carry a high vis jacket in my kit bag, which I would loan to any keeper who thought he looked good playing in black.    

Unless it is completely impossible to do so we always wear an away kit when not playing at the Shay, aim is for half in one and half in the other to make sure both sponsors get equal showing. Been the case for quite a while, but not many other teams in our league actually have different sponsors for all their different shirts. 

1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Unless it is completely impossible to do so we always wear an away kit when not playing at the Shay, aim is for half in one and half in the other to make sure both sponsors get equal showing. Been the case for quite a while, but not many other teams in our league actually have different sponsors for all their different shirts. 

If the club has an agreement with the sponsors to try to give each an equal crack of the whip, then that's fine and wholly appropriate. My point is that the league rules make no stipulation on which kit you wear other than it should not clash with the home teams registered kit. 

1 hour ago, Spud said:

As a sponsor of the 3rd shirt I can confirm that the agreement is equal number of games for 2nd and 3rd shirt throughout the season. Therefore, my preference would be the 3rd shirt ;) I've  just agreed to sponsor the home shirt for next season so hopefully we'll get a home tie first in the League 2 playoffs :D

I absolutely commend you spud, and even more so knowing you've sponsored or beloved Blue kit for next season, but I just dont like the "3rd" kit and it's not been very lucky for us this past season, so I know you'd love it being on TV and all,  but if we cant play in our Blue kit then it has to be our orange. (plus I have an orange 1).

On 7/14/2020 at 9:04 PM, ITMAN said:

Just a quick jump back to this one Itman:- I, like probably loads of others, have watched loads of games over the last few weeks since the restart and this morning I watched the EFL highlights of the last couple of nights Championship and Match of the Day Highlights, and I lost count of the amount of games where the kits clashed, particularly the goalkeepers. Swansea for example were playing in a Black/Dark Grey kit, their keeper was wearing a kit that was virtually the same colour, there were several camera angles where it was impossible to distinguish between the keeper and the outfielders. And last nights Leicester v Sheffield Unt game, the referee was wearing all black, as were the linesmen and 4th official, I'll give you 3 guesses what colour Schmeichel was wearing? So it would appear that the "Rules" of the game are not being adhered to by anyone. I know in the big scheme of things it might not seem to matter much, but for me personally it is an issue and one that is easy to sort out if they are supposed to be playing to the letter of the law.

2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Just a quick jump back to this one Itman:- I, like probably loads of others, have watched loads of games over the last few weeks since the restart and this morning I watched the EFL highlights of the last couple of nights Championship and Match of the Day Highlights, and I lost count of the amount of games where the kits clashed, particularly the goalkeepers. Swansea for example were playing in a Black/Dark Grey kit, their keeper was wearing a kit that was virtually the same colour, there were several camera angles where it was impossible to distinguish between the keeper and the outfielders. And last nights Leicester v Sheffield Unt game, the referee was wearing all black, as were the linesmen and 4th official, I'll give you 3 guesses what colour Schmeichel was wearing? So it would appear that the "Rules" of the game are not being adhered to by anyone. I know in the big scheme of things it might not seem to matter much, but for me personally it is an issue and one that is easy to sort out if they are supposed to be playing to the letter of the law.

Here is the text of Law 3

3. COLOURS

• The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials

• Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials

So, if the referee wishes to he can ask for the players to conform to the laws. By not doing so EFL and Premier League officials make every referee's job that bit harder the further down the pyramid you go.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:43 PM, TommyH72 said:

I forgot to point out, I was right then??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 7/17/2020 at 5:40 PM, ITMAN said:

Here is the text of Law 3

3. COLOURS

• The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials

• Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials

So, if the referee wishes to he can ask for the players to conform to the laws. By not doing so EFL and Premier League officials make every referee's job that bit harder the further down the pyramid you go.

Here I go again Itman, but I couldn't let this one go. I was looking up some stuff about our various opponents and I was looking at Chesterfields site. This was their official Team photo for last season. At a quick glance, spot the goalkeepers? Surely according to the rules as you have them, their kit man needs to get told to get himself organized.

chesterfield.jpg

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Here I go again Itman, but I couldn't let this one go. I was looking up some stuff about our various opponents and I was looking at Chesterfields site. This was their official Team photo for last season. At a quick glance, spot the goalkeepers? Surely according to the rules as you have them, their kit man needs to get told to get himself organized.

chesterfield.jpg

Tommy I agree, it's time the league and the match officials got a grip....

• Like 1

In ‘ye olden days’ there was a list of approved colours for goalkeepers jerseys. I think from memory it was something like royal blue, royal green or red. Maybe one or two other colours (white?). No other colours were allowed. However, yellow was allowed for international goalkeepers playing for their country, but not for domestic games. Goalies also had to wear the same shorts and socks as the rest of the team.

Then we went through the pizza patterns of the David Seaman era, and now we seem to have gone to virtually any plain colour! Needs sorting out.

By the way, our own Big Sam’s Jersey hasn’t been blameless. That pale green colour looks almost white from a distance and is not clearly distinguishable from opponents white shirts.

38 minutes ago, andrich said:

In ‘ye olden days’ there was a list of approved colours for goalkeepers jerseys. I think from memory it was something like royal blue, royal green or red. Maybe one or two other colours (white?). No other colours were allowed. However, yellow was allowed for international goalkeepers playing for their country, but not for domestic games. Goalies also had to wear the same shorts and socks as the rest of the team.

Then we went through the pizza patterns of the David Seaman era, and now we seem to have gone to virtually any plain colour! Needs sorting out.

By the way, our own Big Sam’s Jersey hasn’t been blameless. That pale green colour looks almost white from a distance and is not clearly distinguishable from opponents white shirts.

Goalies should wear yellow or green depending on who they are playing against.