• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"on Halifax's picturesque ground"!

1983/84 squad photo as featured in Match Magazine. 7th January    

19th July 2020 Not really that random today, 12 years ago The Shaymen took on Tamworth in the first match of the FCHT chapter of our club's history. Thanks go to Simon Denton who shared the match

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

19th July 2020

Not really that random today, 12 years ago The Shaymen took on Tamworth in the first match of the FCHT chapter of our club's history. Thanks go to Simon Denton who shared the match photo and to @Skircoat Shed Archivewho added the signed team sheet :)

19/07/2008 Tamworth 2-0 Halifax Town (Simon Denton on FB)

19/07/2008 Signed Teamsheet vs Tamworth (Skircoat Shed Archive)

It was awful going there as very poor relations, the team wearing blue tee-shirts; and having to get used to the fact that these were not the players we were accustomed to seeing, but a hastily-assembled and limited band of triers and ageing journeymen. And the fact that there were going to be at least five years of this before any kind of normal service might be resumed.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere

I was at Tamworth and Alsager, I was just glad we existed in some form or other. I also remember Alfreton and Gemmo eating pie and chips before the game. However, I paid around 60 quid towards this play off lark and now want a refund dating back to the days of Dorryl Proffitt, bloody garbage town. 

Edited by francisfirth
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

And you could get from behind one goal to the other without being hindered.

That was the one thing that blew my kids mind's when I took them to the odd game back in the early 90's. They had only ever been to Elland Road, in an all seater environment. How the other half lives.....

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
On 7/25/2020 at 11:25 AM, ITMAN said:

That was the one thing that blew my kids mind's when I took them to the odd game back in the early 90's. They had only ever been to Elland Road, in an all seater environment. How the other half lives.....

What had your kids done wrong to take them to Elland Road