Monday cut out update

A lot of money has gone into this project from a fan point of view. A piece of card in a stand might be a step too far for many to justify.

Well done to all who have taken one out though. 

• Like 2

Which cut out fan is coming the furthest for the game? I bought one for our kid, he lives in Denver, and has told me he has uploaded his picture tonight. He cannot be there in person but will be there in spirit.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greggs said:

A lot of money has gone into this project from a fan point of view. A piece of card in a stand might be a step too far for many to justify.

Well done to all who have taken one out though. 

That's the case for me. I've invested in a few different initiatives and can't justify putting any more money in at the moment. 

Like you say, fair play to anyone who has done it. Very commendable

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

AJS, you have raised a very valid point. The supporters were set what was considered to be a significant target for Project Playoffs, £20k, by the club and to date thy have responded magnificently putting their hands in their pockets to the tune of over £45k. There is a feeling now though that we can only go to the well so many times, and especially as we know many supporters will be facing uncertain times in their own lives. The current target of £50k is still achievable and hopefully a last push from the cut outs and virtual tickets along with donations still coming in will get us over the line to amass £50k. That said if we can beat BHW on Friday then it may rekindle the passion and we can push on further. However, we need to find some new ways  to engage with the supporters, and more importantly the general public of Calderdale, to help with financial support to take us all the way to Wembley.

What has enthused me the most is the response of the supporters and fans of the club who have raised such a huge sum of money to help the club. FCHT are not being bankrolled like Harrogate or BHW, nor do we have the parachute money of Yeovil and Notts County, we have to make do and mend, metaphorically, and this creates a bond between the club and the majority of it's supporters who have grown up and moved through life in a similar manner. In this respect I am proud to be considered as a Town fan.

So at the end of the day we give what we can afford to give, and fortunately some of us can give more than others, but we should applaud all efforts however small they may seem, that are given in a collective spirit to try to achieve what we all want , which is our place back in the ranks of the football league.

Don’t know you but you talk a lot of sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

AJS, you have raised a very valid point. The supporters were set what was considered to be a significant target for Project Playoffs, £20k, by the club and to date thy have responded magnificently putting their hands in their pockets to the tune of over £45k. There is a feeling now though that we can only go to the well so many times, and especially as we know many supporters will be facing uncertain times in their own lives. The current target of £50k is still achievable and hopefully a last push from the cut outs and virtual tickets along with donations still coming in will get us over the line to amass £50k. That said if we can beat BHW on Friday then it may rekindle the passion and we can push on further. However, we need to find some new ways  to engage with the supporters, and more importantly the general public of Calderdale, to help with financial support to take us all the way to Wembley.

What has enthused me the most is the response of the supporters and fans of the club who have raised such a huge sum of money to help the club. FCHT are not being bankrolled like Harrogate or BHW, nor do we have the parachute money of Yeovil and Notts County, we have to make do and mend, metaphorically, and this creates a bond between the club and the majority of it's supporters who have grown up and moved through life in a similar manner. In this respect I am proud to be considered as a Town fan.

So at the end of the day we give what we can afford to give, and fortunately some of us can give more than others, but we should applaud all efforts however small they may seem, that are given in a collective spirit to try to achieve what we all want , which is our place back in the ranks of the football league.

100% correct. I’ve donated a fair few times through the various schemes and that’s enough for me.

However like you say a win against BW and there will be people who will be taking up the virtual match tickets etc again.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Don’t know you but you talk a lot of sense

Breath of fresh air after a lot of the covid, political, acrimonious postings which have pleasingly been much reduced recently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

wise words, think the team needs to do their bit on Friday and hopefully we go again, coaches to Harrogate are not cheap and Mr B won't be wanting to buy team face masks for the corporation bus!

50 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Look, I'm dead against the supporters funding the normal running costs of the club beyond the normal season tickets, gate admission, programmes, meals, etc. It's a private company at the end of the day, and although you could make an argument for altruistically putting additional funding into the club because, ultimately, it's your club, it gives you pleasure, or whatever, I don't buy that. If it was a members club then sure, but it's not. There's nothing stopping you giving the club £10k or £200 a month, but what guarantees do you have that it would be put to best use? It comes down to trust, fine, and you may trust the current BoD. But what about the next? Or the one after that?

If you want to set up a way to provide additional funding to the club on an ongoing basis, as ITMAN has suggested a few times, how about the club meets us half way? There are various ways they could formalise an arrangement such as this, legally I mean, so as to bind any future owners in a way that risks the funding stopping should they renege on the deal.

For example, a Platinum Club, costing £100/month, entitling members to get into all games. Additional rewards could be a dedicated turnstile, first choice of match tickets for any big away games, access to the players bar after games, early access to match shirts with a simple embroidered Platinum Club motif above the crest, a full set of matchday programmes in a presentation binder, delivered at the end of the season. All extra work, sure, but if just 20 people joined, that would be £24k per year, which is more than double what those 20 people would otherwise put into the club by way of match tickets and programme purchases.

There are loads of things the club could do to earn a few extra quid, such as sticking any surplus matchday programmes on the club shop or Ebay., but all we ever hear is "there's only so many members of staff.

Regards 50k, we should easily hit it with virtual match tickets if we get to the next round.

A very good idea. 

2 hours ago, Ash said:

100% correct. I’ve donated a fair few times through the various schemes and that’s enough for me.

However like you say a win against BW and there will be people who will be taking up the virtual match tickets etc again.

A hell of a lot rests on Fridays game. Massive game. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Like others have mentioned a great post ., 

I keep saying the club has to look to reach out beyond the same couple of hundred of supporters. I get told we do twitter,  Facebook, and various social media along side with the websites .. and that we have loads of followers and friends

but I have lots of followers but the way the algorithm works not everybody sees my postings .. the same will be for the clubs postings 

so we also need other things .. email shots  WhatsApp groups ..texts 

some form of direct marketing  otherwise you reach only the same people again and again

I suspect many on here will have done several of the initiatives but in the end reach Initiative exhaustion or just lack of cash 

don’t get me wrong the communication from the club is a million miles from where it was .. we just need to make sure we get all our diehards and most of the floating supporters but also those whose are just interested

nick 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Look, I'm dead against the supporters funding the normal running costs of the club beyond the normal season tickets, gate admission, programmes, meals, etc. It's a private company at the end of the day, and although you could make an argument for altruistically putting additional funding into the club because, ultimately, it's your club, it gives you pleasure, or whatever, I don't buy that. If it was a members club then sure, but it's not. There's nothing stopping you giving the club £10k or £200 a month, but what guarantees do you have that it would be put to best use? It comes down to trust, fine, and you may trust the current BoD. But what about the next? Or the one after that?

If you want to set up a way to provide additional funding to the club on an ongoing basis, as ITMAN has suggested a few times, how about the club meets us half way? There are various ways they could formalise an arrangement such as this, legally I mean, so as to bind any future owners in a way that risks the funding stopping should they renege on the deal.

For example, a Platinum Club, costing £100/month, entitling members to get into all games. Additional rewards could be a dedicated turnstile, first choice of match tickets for any big away games, access to the players bar after games, early access to match shirts with a simple embroidered Platinum Club motif above the crest, a full set of matchday programmes in a presentation binder, delivered at the end of the season. All extra work, sure, but if just 20 people joined, that would be £24k per year, which is more than double what those 20 people would otherwise put into the club by way of match tickets and programme purchases.

There are loads of things the club could do to earn a few extra quid, such as sticking any surplus matchday programmes on the club shop or Ebay., but all we ever hear is "there's only so many members of staff.

Regards 50k, we should easily hit it with virtual match tickets if we get to the next round.

Hoddie, all brilliant ideas, and this would appear to me to be the best way forward. York City for example have a Vice-Presidents club, that does great work. Other clubs have a Supporters Trust rep on the board, there are many ways to approach this. At the same time it needs to be constructed in a way that is as tax efficient as possible, and that gives the supporters some way of having limited influence on the decisions the BOD may make. This is not designed to take ownership of the club over, we are nowhere near strong enough in terms of our fan base to do this effectively, but it should be done to provide a regular source of income that can either be used to support the club in bad times and in good times be used for other good causes within the community. It should not in the end be seen as purely a football club endeavour. Only by widening the scope of what the proposed "club" does will we ever attract the attention of those who are not regular visitors to the Shay or who have only, at present, a fleeting interest in what we do. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

A very good idea Hoddie, just as there are so many good ideas out there. I think if we are successful & gain Promotion this time the BOD may feel invigorated & carry us forward. But at some point both DB & BH will reach their natural end as far as our club goes. I would hope that long before this happens that they will engage with the supporters to safeguard the clubs future by fans gaining a legal right to hold the clubs future in safe hands.

If the current incumbents do not do this , it will be such a waste of the effort they have put in over the past decade & I cant believe they would not ensure the future for us.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

A very good idea Hoddie, just as there are so many good ideas out there. I think if we are successful & gain Promotion this time the BOD may feel invigorated & carry us forward. But at some point both DB & BH will reach their natural end as far as our club goes. I would hope that long before this happens that they will engage with the supporters to safeguard the clubs future by fans gaining a legal right to hold the clubs future in safe hands.

If the current incumbents do not do this , it will be such a waste of the effort they have put in over the past decade & I cant believe they would not ensure the future for us.

I think it's clear that if and when DB and co step aside the fans could continue their good work. The recent fund raising efforts have highlighted how well the fans can join together for the greater good. 

I do still have reservations regarding fan ownership. Issues like who would be the chairman snd board, and a biggy for me is when to say we can't afford to sign anyone else. When you're a fan it's a tough thing to have to do and it's a bit of a thankless task unless you win the league. Even then you'll get stick from one or two.

But to mobilise ideas and put them into practise in such a short space of time and to raise the current total is a superb effort all round. 

There are still some cracking ideas for the club to explore for next season which will benefit both the fans and the club and I really hope they run with them. 

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

deal but I want free beer

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sparrow said:

jesus!

There used to be a great piece of graffiti on the back end of the Kop in the 70's, and I will pinch it for now....

"Jesus saves - but TSS gets the rebound":D

Edited by ITMAN
3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

There used to be a great piece of graffiti on the back end of the Kop in the 70's, and I will pinch it for now....

"Jesus saves - but TSS gets the rebound":D

bouncing in off his arse whilst sat on it! But they all count