Erik Everhard

Potential New Signings

1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Wouldn’t want us to be looking at players released from a club well below us in the table if I am completely honest

Me neither.

2 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Wouldn’t want us to be looking at players released from a club well below us in the table if I am completely honest

Dont you think teams from 7th place down have decent players who have come to the end of their contracts and have been allowed to leave for a number of reasons? 

• Like 1

Dont you think teams from 7th place down have decent players who have come to the end of their contracts and have been allowed to leave for a number of reasons? 

7 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

You obviously do :D:huh:

• Haha 1

Remember we signed Gardner from one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen , Droylsden 

• Like 2

Whoever we sign needs to fit a physical criteria before we even look at them - are they 6'+ tall and strong. This is a very physical league and this season we have often looked light weight and easily out muscled. Obviously they have got to be able to play but in this division size matters. Thus signing someone like Hardy would be a no goer for me.

5 hours ago, ewalsh said:

By that logic nobody would ever sign players below them. Liverpool wouldn’t be able to make any signings this summer :lol: we’d never have signed Vardy, as he played in a lower league, Fleetwood wouldn’t have signed him from us, Leicester wouldn’t have signed him and Leicester would never have won the PL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

By that logic nobody would ever sign players below them. Liverpool wouldn’t be able to make any signings this summer :lol: we’d never have signed Vardy, as he played in a lower league, Fleetwood wouldn’t have signed him from us, Leicester wouldn’t have signed him and Leicester would never have won the PL

Depends on the reasons, but if Wrexham have chosen not to renew their contracts and with the season they’ve had they may not be up to much. If they’ve chosen to leave then of course that is completely different 

Dan Bradley just left Fylde. He was highly rated there i'm led to believe. Maybe one for us?

• Like 1

We can rule out a Clarke reunion... Tom has just signed for Salford. He’s still too good for our level currently, but would have been a class addition. 

22 minutes ago, Shayfan92 said:

We can rule out a Clarke reunion... Tom has just signed for Salford. He’s still too good for our level currently, but would have been a class addition. 

Another small wage laid out by Salford!

Is James Jennings anygood? Just been released by Wrexham. 

To be honest, we just get on with signing who we sign and we can't do owt until we know what league we ate in anyway. 

On 7/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, Erik Everhard said:

Who do you think Pete Wild should try and sign for next season? That's realistic signings for maybe NL and EFL, depending on which league we are in. 

I think that is a massive difference dependant on where we end up, either way we need hungry (for progression not cash) young players, season with a bit of experienced pros  (Killer/Jacko) and we have a neat dish

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

To be honest, we just get on with signing who we sign and we can't do owt until we know what league we ate in anyway. 

Wrexham fans seem upset he's leaving. We could do with a left back in my opinion. Williams done a decent job in the wing back role but not convinced it's a long term solution

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Jennings is an excellent left back and would be a good signing IMO

35 minutes ago, AJS said:

Wrexham fans seem upset he's leaving. We could do with a left back in my opinion. Williams done a decent job in the wing back role but not convinced it's a long term solution

5 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Jennings is an excellent left back and would be a good signing IMO

Aye, I don't really take notice of other team's players if I'm honest but him leaving seems to have caused a stir from the odd tweet I've seen this teatime. 

As capable as I think Danny Williams is as a left back, signing James Jennings would be a real statement of intent.

His brother Connor would also be an unreal signing seeing as he's available but he seems to be linked with Stockport 

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

As capable as I think Danny Williams is as a left back, signing James Jennings would be a real statement of intent.

His brother Connor would also be an unreal signing seeing as he's available but he seems to be linked with Stockport 

am half expecting to be linked with Stockport tbh. although should I not sign I am happy for Cheadle End to quote me that I didnt reject them on money grounds!

• Like 1

Johnny Hunt also a left back who is without a club at the moment and Ryan Lloyd a left winger.