• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tells me everything I need to know about how we are progressing recruitment wise. No need to panic, sit back, stay safe & let our Management Team do the business.

We nearly went bust 2 seasons ago after being sold to Cockney chancers,who milked the club dry. we’ve got a good chairman now,who’s streamlined the club & things are now looking promising.

Would i want Denton starting for us? No is the answer but he's a cracking squad player. He did so much for us not just upfront but every time he came back to defend a corner,  how many times wqs it hi

Posted Images

We need a solid attacking midfield talisman, someone who is vocal and can lead. I suppose I'm expecting a lot there at this level but you asked. 

I'm happy with Cooper and Cam, but they are not leaders on the pitch. Cooper is solid, but not that attack minded. Cam is a bit of an enigma, maybe the best player in the league in his day, but he's so fragile. 

By the way, I can't suggest a player by name. I'm amazed by those who can. 

Edited by shaymen_x
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Who do you think Pete Wild should try and sign for next season? That's realistic signings for maybe NL and EFL, depending on which league we are in. 

Thanks for looking to the future. Its a new kind of positivity that's been lacking here lately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

We need a solid attacking midfield talisman, someone who is vocal and can lead. I suppose I'm expecting a lot there at this level but you asked. 

I'm happy with Cooper and Cam, but they are not leaders on the pitch. Cooper is solid, but not that attack minded. Cam is a bit of an enigma, maybe the best player in the league in his day, but he's so fragile. 

By the way, I can't suggest a player by name. I'm amazed by those who can. 

How do you know? You’re not on the pitch, at training or in the dressing room so how do you know who is and isn’t vocal?

• Confused 1

Brown clearly leads from the back, I'd like to see some of that passion higher up the park. 

By the way, you can see and hear the players and judge their body language. I'd just like us to press teams higher. 

• Like 1

Don’t think attacking midfielder is really a position of weakness compared to other positions. Pretty happy with king there and Redshaw can play there if he stays. One position we desperately need is a deeper lying midfielder who can play next to Staunton who is comfortable on the ball and is able to receive the ball from the back 4 and play through the lines and feed the attack line. Basically a Michael Collins esq player although I appreciate that’s not easy to find. Trouble with our midfield is they’re all only really capable of playing the same role. 

if we’re to continue with the back 3 then another position we need to address is centre half. I like Clarke and brown but playing them both in a back 3 means one of them have to play wider and we saw towards the end of football pre lockdown we were getting badly exposed out wide when brown got dragged out as he’s really not comfortable defending there. I’d try get in another centre half in the same ilk as Niall Maher - a bit quicker, decent enough on the ball and comfortable defending out wide. Ideal player would be Jamie Stott who’s just been released by Oldham. He’ll know Wild very well and he was highly rated by the fans there and by Stockport fans during his loan there a couple of seasons back. Left footed too so would be good at left centre back instead of Brown who we could put in the centre. Don’t think Clarke was anywhere near as good as last year but certainly think he’s worth keeping around, maybe in a player coach role. 

Obviously we need to improve elsewhere too but I’d be here all day discussing that.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

What's got into you? Easy tiger. 

I don't care what they do in training. It's on the pitch where it matters.

I watch the games like everyone else. I just gave my opinion, I'm allowed to. 

No no your misunderstood. If you contribute anything that isn't all rosy and bright. The masses will come out with fire and pitchforks to hunt you down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In a recent Courier interview with Pete Wild they asked him if the rumours were true about his interest in a former Stockport and Chesterfield midfielder. It said his name in the interview but I can't remember his name. They said his name in the article and I was going to ask on here if he was any good 

48 minutes ago, Greggs said:

No no your misunderstood. If you contribute anything that isn't all rosy and bright. The masses will come out with fire and pitchforks to hunt you down.

Just asking a genuine question that’s all. It’s clear to all of us that Brown and Clarke are natural leaders but there may well be some other vocal lads in the dressing room we don’t know about.

A consistent Cameron King will be nowhere near the national league but like you say, on his day he his fantastic, if he can be on song these next few games we have a chance, he can win games on his own.

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

In a recent Courier interview with Pete Wild they asked him if the rumours were true about his interest in a former Stockport and Chesterfield midfielder. It said his name in the interview but I can't remember his name. They said his name in the article and I was going to ask on here if he was any good 

Connor Diamio, I think that's his name 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Ash said:

Just asking a genuine question that’s all. It’s clear to all of us that Brown and Clarke are natural leaders but there may well be some other vocal lads in the dressing room we don’t know about.

A consistent Cameron King will be nowhere near the national league but like you say, on his day he his fantastic, if he can be on song these next few games we have a chance, he can win games on his own.

Maher sounds very vocal. He did in the Ebbsfleet game. Never shut up shouting orders and geeing people up. It was great to see some passion. 

Complete agree with Benfcht. Main priorities have to be a Collins esqe midfielder and an agile centre back who can play out from the back. Probably need a replacement for Rodney too.

I know a Chesterfield fan who watches town sometimes. He describes Dimaio as a slightly better Cooper. But he plays more as a number 10 just behind the striker in the King sort of role. 

If I were to give some realistic names I’d be looking at off the top of my head I’d say:

Jamie Stott

Olly Dyson

James Hardy

Dan Gardner (maybe asking too much with that one)

Maybe the FC United striker but believe he’s got league clubs interested. Can’t remember his name 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AJS said:

Complete agree with Benfcht. Main priorities have to be a Collins esqe midfielder and an agile centre back who can play out from the back. Probably need a replacement for Rodney too.

I know a Chesterfield fan who watches town sometimes. He describes Dimaio as a slightly better Cooper. But he plays more as a number 10 just behind the striker in the King sort of role. 

If I were to give some realistic names I’d be looking at off the top of my head I’d say:

Jamie Stott

Olly Dyson

James Hardy

Maybe the FC United striker but believe he’s got league clubs interested. Can’t remember his name 

Owolabi (the FC United striker)'s currently on trial with Hamilton. Even if that doesn't work out he's got league clubs after him as you say

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Jamie Stott

Olly Dyson

James Hardy

The striker at fc United is tunbe owolabi, I think he scored around 33 goals this season & being watch by a few league clubs.

1 hour ago, shaymankian19 said:

Jake lawlor has been released from Wrexham with jj hooper who is the similar striker to Rodney 

Could see Lawlor ending up here being a Halifax lad. Been rumoured a few times before. Wrexham fans thought it was a mistake to get rid of him.

Cant see Hooper. Got an attitude problem supposedly. Maybe Akintunde who got released by Maidenhead. Wild raved about him in his Q and A... Can’t say either would be inspiring on paper though 

11 hours ago, shaymankian19 said:

Jake lawlor has been released from Wrexham with jj hooper who is the similar striker to Rodney 

Wouldn’t want us to be looking at players released from a club well below us in the table if I am completely honest