Skircoat Shed Archive

Touch of Frost at The Shay 1994

Oscar winning performance at 08:15.

Whatever happened to those other bit part actors Larry Lamb and Danny Dyer? 

Also Jeff Winter, future premier league referee

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shaykehands said:

If they ever make a film of it, who do you think should play you? Tele Savalas or Yul Brinner? 

10 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Like to see you trying to get into that shirt now:D

I cant remember if I bunked off work or school (depending on what time of year it was) but for all that effort I couldnt spot myself once :D 

52 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I cant remember if I bunked off work or school (depending on what time of year it was) but for all that effort I couldnt spot myself once :D 

I think it was summer time. Pre season maybe?

I was on shifts at the time so I couldn't go. 

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Had to be during the season when the featured game was played

I thought they'd asked Town fans in the Courier. 

But I might be wrong. 

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I thought they'd asked Town fans in the Courier. 

But I might be wrong. 

But the first crowd scene and some of the action shots were an actual league game . I was centre picture in the first crowd scene but didn't sign up for the extras filming which I think was a week day but don't know how many hours you were required to be there for . 

Yeah it was a league game - Dag & Red springs to mind, but I could be wrong. I was just out of the main shot, thankfully, but the two lads I used to go down with made it in. They asked supporters to go back for more crowd shots during the week, for free the cheeky buggers but still loads went and everyone ended up getting paid, I think my mate got £20 or something like that.

The action scenes were at the Kidderminster game 02/05/1994. On the day that they filmed the crowd scenes they ran short of extras & had to hire some more from the public around town, particularly the Piece Hall. 

• Like 1

I remember being paid and been given supper to stay behind. 

I thought I was “Nailed on” to appear on screen as I was sitting behind the main actor and the child. I told all my family to watch , unfortunately they cut my head off and my friends only recognised me from my leather jacket! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

They asked supporters to go back for more crowd shots during the week, for free the cheeky buggers

They always said you would get paid 20 pound but could donate it to the club which I assume most will have done.

What a long day that was, started at 5 30 with a top notch breakfast and filmed the crowd scenes after 9 30, i think i upset the guy who was directing the incident after the foul who asked us all to boo when he put his arm up, told him that we don't do it like that and then he had a hissy fit gave me his megaphone and stormed off but had 5 secounds of fame getting filmed near the tunnel, was talking to Mr Frost having our lunch and he  said 14 hours of filming our normal for making these episodes. We had to do a crowd scene in the afternoon where frost jumps onto the coach which was just leaving, i had been on the coach 30mins and was getting very hot and with me being claustrophobic i decided to leave and met frost who was just boarding who called me a plonker and was not pleased. i got £50 and donated it to the club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

They always said you would get paid 20 pound but could donate it to the club which I assume most will have done.

My world class memory says otherwise :P

3 hours ago, dj funky said:

What a long day that was, started at 5 30 with a top notch breakfast and filmed the crowd scenes after 9 30, i think i upset the guy who was directing the incident after the foul who asked us all to boo when he put his arm up, told him that we don't do it like that and then he had a hissy fit gave me his megaphone and stormed off but had 5 secounds of fame getting filmed near the tunnel, was talking to Mr Frost having our lunch and he  said 14 hours of filming our normal for making these episodes. We had to do a crowd scene in the afternoon where frost jumps onto the coach which was just leaving, i had been on the coach 30mins and was getting very hot and with me being claustrophobic i decided to leave and met frost who was just boarding who called me a plonker and was not pleased. i got £50 and donated it to the club.

I remember them telling us to shout what we normally do when we're angry. Think they regretted that. "CUT!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

That's the next fund raiser sorted then. We just need to find a film set that short of some extras. Unless they'd use a CGI DJ Funky these days.

40 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

That's the next fund raiser sorted then. We just need to find a film set that short of some extras. Unless they'd use a CGI DJ Funky these days.

They could film it at the BHW game and then they would have to let us in the ground....

• Like 1