Nick

Just amazing

58 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Football grounds would be a decent one. Plenty to go at. 

Another future football card could be ex England players. 

Would be even better if people who haven't bought one in either of the 3 previously done bought one in the next one if we decided to go for it!!!! 

28 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Would be even better if people who haven't bought one in either of the 3 previously done bought one in the next one if we decided to go for it!!!! 

Have you bought one? 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Have you bought one? 

Are you having a laugh.....

• Like 1

Been a great achievement.. football card and sponsor a player 

but need to get behind the virtual tickets or the supporter cardboard cut out things 

would be great for the players to see a packed away end !! 

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Been a great achievement.. football card and sponsor a player 

but need to get behind the virtual tickets or the supporter cardboard cut out things 

would be great for the players to see a packed away end !! 

If the club earn jack **** from the cut out then sod that. 

Virtual tickets and more football cards are the way  to do it. 

It’s an astonishing amount and compares to the efforts made in previous times.

It is now serious money.

Perhaps we just need to understand what it is paying for. Project Playoffs I know but what are the exact costs we are covering given it’s potentially one game?

The target started at £20,000 but keeps going up and it’s great fans are responding but I’m not clear where we are heading with this.

1 minute ago, Riders of Rohan said:

It is now serious money.

Perhaps we just need to understand what it is paying for. Project Playoffs I know but what are the exact costs we are covering given it’s potentially one game?

The target started at £20,000 but keeps going up and it’s great fans are responding but I’m not clear where we are heading with this.

Agreed, some communication from Mr B regarding how it is to be used might give some reassurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

It is now serious money.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Agreed, some communication from Mr B regarding how it is to be used might give some reassurance.

From memory the very first article on the official website when Project Play Offs was launched stated any monies raised would go towards staff and player wages, Covid-19 testing and other associated costs, travel and expenses to the game etc. 

The asked for 20,000 as a target and said they would cover the rest 

but the more the cover now the less they have for next season, out of their pockets 

secondly it’s difficult to know what the had to budget for .. 

how much testing ? How much does it cost 

players wages and costs 

one game or three 

how is the TV money split 

day time night time games .. ie game day expense 

how much help from the LeagueFA or others to help with the cost m

these are questions the club would be asking as they did not know ..

the clubs annual running costs for a ten month cycle is over a million 

so you can be sure this play off will be costing the club at least a months costs .. so about 100,000. In that order. 

so anything we raise helps 

anything given by the FA etc .. believe that is 20,000 

any share of the TV money ..it all help

the mire we cover of these cost the more is available fir next year 

there is not such a thing as raising too much :) 

51 minutes ago, Nick said:

The asked for 20,000 as a target and said they would cover the rest 

but the more the cover now the less they have for next season, out of their pockets 

secondly it’s difficult to know what the had to budget for .. 

how much testing ? How much does it cost 

players wages and costs 

one game or three 

how is the TV money split 

day time night time games .. ie game day expense 

how much help from the LeagueFA or others to help with the cost m

these are questions the club would be asking as they did not know ..

the clubs annual running costs for a ten month cycle is over a million 

so you can be sure this play off will be costing the club at least a months costs .. so about 100,000. In that order. 

so anything we raise helps 

anything given by the FA etc .. believe that is 20,000 

any share of the TV money ..it all help

the mire we cover of these cost the more is available fir next year 

there is not such a thing as raising too much :) 

Whatever the clubs budgeted, the costs will be coming down. Not just by the fundraising exceeding expectations but it's been reported the weekly cost for testing in Super League has dropped from £5k to £3k now and continuing to fall. Different sport granted but if it's significantly cheaper for them it will be for us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sumbody said:

Whatever the clubs budgeted, the costs will be coming down. Not just by the fundraising exceeding expectations but it's been reported the weekly cost for testing in Super League has dropped from £5k to £3k now and continuing to fall. Different sport granted but if it's significantly cheaper for them it will be for us 

As we are doing the same test then the costs would no doubt fall in line, hopefully. I think the question being asked is what happens to the "extra" money that is raised over and above the £20k that was the initial target. Since that was set we have seen the fans raise over £43k, and the PL has donated £200k towards the playoff costs, so somewhere in all of that there is a surplus. I cannot think the club budgeted for Project Playoffs on the basis of only one game, so at an educated guess the BOD would have had a figure in their heads as to what they could afford to expend to go into the playoffs without breaking the bank. After all they have been prudent so far, so no reason for them to suddenly do a Rishi Sunak on us.

So, I would assume that if we were unfortunate enough to go out at the first hurdle any "surplus" funds would be put into the pot for next season. At the same time it will also help to fill some of the holes left in the 2019/20 budget as we lost the income from 3 home games, plus we will have little or no income form the playoff games, with them being played behind closed doors. So all in all, if we can we should push on and continue to increase the pot for Project Playoffs as one way or another it will benefit the club either in the short term or in the next season when they may be.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

As we are doing the same test then the costs would no doubt fall in line, hopefully. I think the question being asked is what happens to the "extra" money that is raised over and above the £20k that was the initial target. Since that was set we have seen the fans raise over £43k, and the PL has donated £200k towards the playoff costs, so somewhere in all of that there is a surplus. I cannot think the club budgeted for Project Playoffs on the basis of only one game, so at an educated guess the BOD would have had a figure in their heads as to what they could afford to expend to go into the playoffs without breaking the bank. After all they have been prudent so far, so no reason for them to suddenly do a Rishi Sunak on us.

So, I would assume that if we were unfortunate enough to go out at the first hurdle any "surplus" funds would be put into the pot for next season. At the same time it will also help to fill some of the holes left in the 2019/20 budget as we lost the income from 3 home games, plus we will have little or no income form the playoff games, with them being played behind closed doors. So all in all, if we can we should push on and continue to increase the pot for Project Playoffs as one way or another it will benefit the club either in the short term or in the next season when they may be.

Its basically Crazy if you think our 43k and the 20k from the PL will cover our costs and give us a surplus ..  the cost just to do one game will be closer to 100K 

nick 

Edited by Nick

Wasn't the projected costs for FL playoff teams rumoured to be around 75-125K? 

If so then it would be logical to assume our associated costs would be a similar kind of figure. 

The money raised so far is superb and a cracking effort, however, we can't just think "Ah, we have done enough", because the costs are still sky high. That said, I'm not knocking the amount raised at all, as its been nothing short of superb. The 20K original target would have helped the club hugely. Doubling it has been great - yet we should keep trying to raise the total. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

If the club earn jack **** from the cut out then sod that. 

Virtual tickets and more football cards are the way  to do it. 

As I said the majority of the £25 goes to the club

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'd hope that season ticket sales and the funding from the FA (should we remain in the NL) will be mothballed for next season

It is 

2 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I wonder how much DB is putting in the pot!

Pity he didn't commit to matching £ for £ to spur us on!

Always one

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

He’s putting more in so get your hands in your pocket to match Mr B!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

As he said .. he would put in whatever it takes to let’s us compete in the playoffs ..regardless of what we gave .. and none of us thought we Do over 40,000

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I'll do another splurge if, sorry when, we are in the next round.

Will get ready .. because we will be..and then at the final ..which we will win 

you better believe it ..the town are going up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

As he said .. he would put in whatever it takes to let’s us compete in the playoffs ..regardless of what we gave .. and none of us thought we Do over 40,000

Quite so.

I must admit I find it a bit weird that it is us who are providing a chunk of the capital for a business to operate when normally it would be just down to the owner.

Only in football!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I'll do another splurge if, sorry when, we are in the next round.

Believe and it will happen:D

• Like 1