Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

Radio f****** Leeds

I really hate the fact that they ignore us all season, but once we're in the play-offs they're all over us like flies on shit. I really hope the BBC's reduced funding sees massive cuts to Radio Leeds sport - while other BBC local radio stations do a fantastic job covering the lower-league sides in their region, all Radio poxy Leeds do is cover the teams that are already well-served by by national media.

Let's be honest, would anyone actually miss Radio Leeds?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I really hate the fact that they ignore us all season, but once we're in the play-offs they're all over us like flies on ****. I really hope the BBC's reduced funding sees massive cuts to Radio Leeds sport - while other BBC local radio stations do a fantastic job covering the lower-league sides in their region, all Radio poxy Leeds do is cover the teams that are already well-served by by national media.

Let's be honest, would anyone actually miss Radio Leeds?

Radio who?????

Radio Leeds over the years have treated Halifax Town woefully, bearing in mind they call it West Yorkshire Sport. Only jumping on the band wagon when we have the chance of making headlines etc. Should Town have success in the playoffs, I personally would tell Radio Leeds to get lost and try to get the smaller local stations to take an interest. Up the Town forever!

• Like 1

I used to like their rugby coverage in the 80's.

I think they might have had a decent gardening programme in the 80's.

The coverage might improve if we are promoted to the FL. 

That's all my straws clutched.

Looks like a massive no. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

I really hate the fact that they ignore us all season, but once we're in the play-offs they're all over us like flies on ****.

I think I’d prefer ‘bees around a honeypot’ as an analogy, but I take your point. ;)

• Like 3

You only have to look up ‘BBC radio commentary’ of our away matches on match day and realise that lots of other regional radio stations feature live commentary of their non league home games regular....

We receive virtually nothing regards commentary at the Shay
Radio Leeds only jump on the bandwagon when they is something of note to report about us

Balls to them

• Like 1

Don’t listen to ‘West Yorkshire Sport’ on Radio Leeds as it nothing of the sort.

Used to have it on first thing (before I was furloughed) as Richard Stead Is good (up to about 9.00am), after that it total garbage with the most inane bunch of presenters on the planet. Fortunately I can get BBC Radio Scouse from Junction 22 right across to Cheshire which  (apart from the fact they are all typical chip-on-both-shoulders scousers) is pretty good and don’t just bury their sport coverage in the spot where every is eating their tea or watching Calendar.

So yes, Radio Leeds can do one. Bunch of twots.

I live in Leeds, and as has been mentioned cannot understand why Harrogate, who are actually a North Yorkshire team, get more airspace than teams such as Halifax who are actually part of the regional area that BBC West Yorkshire Sport is supposed to cover.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

I think the last time I listened to radio Leeds was a financial crisis in the 1980s

It's still going on I think.....

• Like 1

I always thought it was supposed to be local news for local people, but it appears not if you live the other side of Bradford.

My wife is a life long Barnsley fan and when Town are away, and I cant get there, I go with her to watch their games. We listen to BBC Radio Sheffield and their coverage of EVERY team, big or small in South Yorkshire is very comprehensive, including Chesterfield which is actually in Derbyshire.

I also read the Yorkshire Post and we always get second billing to Harrogate, a town with even less interest in its team than the people of Halifax. 

• Like 3