Sign in to follow this  
ITMAN

New playoff date to come

Seen on BHW website today:

In short, after discussing things today with the National League, the FA and our fellow competing clubs, Wood now know the confirmed date of our play off eliminator match at home to FC Halifax Town, which as stated above will be played sooner than the Club had previously expected.

At the leagues request the exact details cannot yet be announced, but you can expect confirmation and a public announcement from the National League tomorrow evening.

9 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Seen on BHW website today:

In short, after discussing things today with the National League, the FA and our fellow competing clubs, Wood now know the confirmed date of our play off eliminator match at home to FC Halifax Town, which as stated above will be played sooner than the Club had previously expected.

At the leagues request the exact details cannot yet be announced, but you can expect confirmation and a public announcement from the National League tomorrow evening.

Feck me imagine if the NL were running the D Day landings!!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

This is farcical. We love our club and the game but are treated like fodder. 

I mean it's not like we're likely gatecrash the place is it? It's a dive, the place name says it all. The team need to get in there, do a smash and grab job and get the hell outta there!! 

No one will ever know why it took the NL so long to make a decision, but why is it a secret. I'm perplexed. 

Just now, shaymen_x said:

I mean it's not like we're likely gatecrash the place is it? It's a dive, the place name says it all. The team need to get in there, do a smash and grab job and get the hell outta there!! 

No one will ever know why it took the NL so long to make a decision, but why is it a secret. I'm perplexed. 

What I cannot understand is they have a meeting to discuss it, they have all agreed to it from what is being reported, yet they need another 24 hours to send out a press release? Are they all working from home or something......

It takes time to chisel a press release onto slate then use a flock of storks or pelicans to deliver it to all clubs concerned

• Like 1

Im assuming the National League are waiting for the pubs to re-open since they can’t organise their own piss up in a brewery. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Flea said:

Im assuming the National League are waiting for the pubs to re-open since they can’t organise their own piss up in a brewery. 

They will have to wiat until the 18th July if they want a drink at BHW's ground then:D

23 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Feck me imagine if the NL were running the D Day landings!!

I just love that comment by vinnywenuts, God help us if the NL have to make a big decision. Cannot the talk to each other during a normal working day 9 till 5. Maybe the match had taken place already and they don't want to release the result. Pathetic springs to mind, a d while I am at it their web site is rubbish. Rant over!.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Entertainer said:

I just love that comment by vinnywenuts, God help us if the NL have to make a big decision. Cannot the talk to each other during a normal working day 9 till 5. Maybe the match had taken place already and they don't want to release the result. Pathetic springs to mind, a d while I am at it their web site is rubbish. Rant over!.

The NL could have a moaners thread of its own !

Justifiable moaning in my opinion. 

It's not BLM, Brexit, Bojo or any of the other non football related crap on here. Its related to our biggest event of the season and none of us have a clue what's going on!

• Like 2

Not sure what the delay is.

BT Sport are already contracted to show the play offs.

Relegation from the EFL has been confirmed

Teams are back in training and following protocols.

The final at the home of the FA, Wembley has been confirmed.

PPG has decided every other league above.

Any doubts of if the national league season will start in September shouldn’t be a concern because League 2 will not happen either or the rest of the football pyramid if it’s still behind closed doors.

IF these play offs now do not go ahead there will be hundred of thousands of pounds owed in compensation to those clubs that have kept players on, paid wages and paid extra for all the testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaymen_x said:

Justifiable moaning in my opinion. 

It's not BLM, Brexit, Bojo or any of the other non football related crap on here. Its related to our biggest event of the season and none of us have a clue what's going on!

You misunderstood my post.

I meant that there was enough to moan about re the NL , that it was worthy of NL having its own thread.

Note to myself - post more clearly in future !

• Like 1

I was agreeing with you, yes the NL is certainly worth a moaners thread if it's own, especially when compared to the topic Dame Vera Lynne. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Haha 2

Yes, I think Tommy was scraping the barrel a bit there....

Edited by ITMAN

32 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Be there in cardboard for £25 (presumably all money goes only to Borehamwood)

Harrogate are doing the cardboard cut outs as well. Has anyone from the club asked bHW if we can participate in the scheme but with a share of the proceeds going to Town? After all, if you don't ask you will never know?

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Harrogate are doing the cardboard cut outs as well. Has anyone from the club asked bHW if we can participate in the scheme but with a share of the proceeds going to Town? After all, if you don't ask you will never know?

You can ask BHW but you still won't get. Why buy card board cut outs anyway they cost money.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You can ask BHW but you still won't get. Why buy card board cut outs anyway they cost money.

Steve, it would appear that they are in demand from the fans. Leeds sold 15,000 for their game against Fulham. Mainly because it was on TV.

As you should know the customer is always right....

Edited by ITMAN

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Steve, it would appear that they are in demand from the fans. Leeds sold 15,000 for their game against Fulham. Mainly because it was on TV.

As you should know the customer is always right....

Also know BHW they wouldn't even let media team in, they are the most miserable barstewards in the league.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Also know BHW they wouldn't even let media team in, they are the most miserable barstewards in the league.

But are Harrogate tarred with the same brush? If we get past BHW then we have potentially another opportunity to raise some funds. We have to keep looking to the future and what the next possible initiative could be.

Would you want one if we got to Wembley?

Edited by ITMAN

7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

But are Harrogate tarred with the same brush? If we get past BHW then we have potentially another opportunity to raise some funds. We have to keep looking to the future and what the next possible initiative could be.

Would only ever do it if they money went directly to FCHT. Physically being at the game is one thing, but when I’ll be watching on BT I would rather give £10 straight to the club rather than have any involvement with Boreham Wood. Would have been quite hard pushed in paying the cash to them if we were allowed in in all honesty   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Horrible club, with a dubious character as an owner! Check out his past. Dont they make the visiting teams journalists pay to get in? 

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

If you wanted to do something like this you are better off doing a montage on a comp screen and getting our club to put it in a vertual programme on the official web page.

• Confused 1