Sign in to follow this  
Steve Lanzarote

Betting Odds for play offs

My 50/1 taken in January looks good compared to these. Shame the sole reason for placing Thebes isn't around now. Skybet offered me a cash out of double the stake, alas it is not enough to even consider it.

any thoughts on why this does follow the league position? why would we be longer odds than Barnet, have the bookmakers even seen our last couple of matches?

• Haha 1

I dont understand betting at all except that we look as though they dont rate our chances at all. So on that basis I'm gonna attempt to place a bet of £100. I really think all this crap is working in our favour, well I hope it is.

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

any thoughts on why this does follow the league position? why would we be longer odds than Barnet, have the bookmakers even seen our last couple of matches?

Seems bizarre that we’re at longer odds than Barnet.

we’re both the massive outsiders, but should be similar you’d have thought

I've just had a thought i.e. "The Project Playoff" money raising scheme. Long shot, but what if we all put say £5 on Town at odds of 10/1 or the 16/1, lets say 500 of us put the £5 in that would be a nice little earner with all proceeds to the fund?? Just a thought.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I've just had a thought i.e. "The Project Playoff" money raising scheme. Long shot, but what if we all put say £5 on Town at odds of 10/1 or the 16/1, lets say 500 of us put the £5 in that would be a nice little earner with all proceeds to the fund?? Just a thought.

are you saying place the bet or not?  as if we do and we all win that means Town are in the league of milk and honey and won't need our cash! if we lose Town are in NL and we're £5 lighter but the bookies are richer!

2 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

are you saying place the bet or not?  as if we do and we all win that means Town are in the league of milk and honey and won't need our cash! if we lose Town are in NL and we're £5 lighter but the bookies are richer!

probably best to put all the money raised to date on Town beating B'wood at perhaps 2/1  and then that funds the rest of the playoff campaign if we win, if we lose then we're just pissed off

Edited by vinnyweknuts

4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Place the bet if everyone's up for it. Or like you say, put it on the BW game, lesser odds, but whatever we win, if we win would help fund the next game as we pave our path to League 2

4 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I doubt very much if Mr B would see it that way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1