Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

Eddie Howe

I'm getting worried now for Eddie Howe. Bournemouth appear to be doomed to relegation, I watched them get destroyed by Newcastle last night and as far as I can see theres no escape for them, but what will be interesting will be how loyal the club is to Howe. He is the current longest serving manager in the Premiership, and has done a fantastic job on a shoestring budget. They are a club with an average gate of approx. 10,000. They are/have been batting way above their weight, and doing a pretty good job. If they do go down it does make you wonder if they could bounce back in the future given the way clubs have to have billionaire backers these days. But as for Eddie Howe, will the club stand by him, the guy who saved them from being relegated out of the Football League and took them on a fantastic journey. I really hope that the Directors of the club look back on his 11yrs at the helm and accept that unless he's given a couple of hundred millions to get some players then they are heading back to oblivion.

Shoestring budget my ar*e. I don’t know how this image of him working on a tiny budget and doing a super job has been cultivated - Jefferson Lerma for £25m anyone?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Shoestring budget my ar*e. I don’t know how this image of him working on a tiny budget and doing a super job has been cultivated - Jefferson Lerma for £25m anyone?

The problem is that you end up signing average players for inflated prices 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

He’s spent quite a bit of money on some appalling premier league players in the last year or so.

Bournemouth regularly broke FFP regulations on their way up too, more so than most clubs in the championship.

He’s spent over £50m on Dominic Solanke, Jordan Ibe and Phil Billing. 

As much as I’m sure the fans and club appreciate what he’s done in the past, he’s going/gone backwards as a manager and his signings have been awful and that will see them relegated. 

To be honest MJ I hadn't researched the history of their spending, so I might be feeling sorry for him for no reason. Although, in my defence (your honour) in this day and age £25mil for a premier player is not earth shattering. Like Wilder Bollox says, you end up getting very very average players these days at over exaggerated prices. But Ithink he may walk before he's pushed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Just adding a bit of balance did he sign David Brooks?

A shame we couldn't afford him!

Yes, we had him on loan from Sheffield Unt in 2015 and he then went to Bournemouth in 2018. He played 5 games for Town scoring 1 goal.

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Since they paid £9m for him....................

Howe should not be sacked, I don’t think that would be at all fair to him after what he’s done. Depending how the rest of the season goes for him to resign in the summer might be the best course for him, which is a shame as I like him as a manager - I hope he can find some form again and keep them up. The players have to pull their weight too, though,  k use just blaming it all on the manager when he’s not actually out there on the pitch.

15 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

And Callum Wilson, Josh King, Ryan Fraser, Lewis Cooke so not all duds, but  @mj85 's point still stands, this idea of little Bournmouth fighting against the odds is a fallacy.

That said the signing of Solanke looked a good one really not sure what's happening with him ?