10 hours ago, Lammie said:

Going from memory I think Brentford was our first home game after we were promoted back to the league. It was our third game and third win and we were team of the week. Our fortunes have definitely differed over the years.

10 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

We beat them one nil and we had a crowd of over 3800. If I remmeber rightly.

• Like 4
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going from memory I think Brentford was our first home game after we were promoted back to the league. It was our third game and third win and we were team of the week. Our fortunes have definitely di

Most of my mates are Leeds fans and they’ve been through some crap over the last 16 years, the premier league will be better with a club the size of Leeds in it...,, All my Leeds supporting mates

6 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Is that why Sheffield United have done so well this season? Leeds would have been promoted ages ago if they had a decent striker. 

Momentum from keeping a squad together, Huddersfied had a good first season . Sheffield United are better than Leeds United, West Brom and Brentford at this moment in time . 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Greggs said:

And before anyone has a go. That was totally unprovoked. I merely had an opinion. 

Which is exactly why its OK to resort to abusive langauge and suggest somebody throws them self in front of a moving vehicle. Mmmm, let me mull that one over, could be just that on a general level you lack humility. 

Here's the thing sunshine, you always know better, bit like the dim-witted racist father and son combo. Truth is, you have no real grasp of the complexities, personalities or choices that any incapable, full time football manager has to deal with in any situation that you choose to simplify. There may be some situations in life where you know better than others but football and personal conduct are not them. 

8 hours ago, Greggs said:

And before anyone has a go. That was totally unprovoked. I merely had an opinion. 

Which is exactly why its OK to resort to abusive langauge and suggest somebody throws them self in front of a moving vehicle. Mmmm, let me mull that one over, could be just that on a general level you can't control that temper. 

Here's the thing sunshine, you always know better, bit like the dim-witted racist father and son combo. Truth is, you have no real grasp of the complexities, personalities or choices that any 'incapable' , full time football manager (who gets paid) has to deal with in any situation that you choose to simplify. There may be some situations in life where you know better than others but football and personal conduct are not them. 

• Like 1

So what you are saying is that anyone who isn’t employed ( or hasn’t ever been) as a football manager can’t have an opinion about football or footballers because It’s not their level of expertise. Better close down this forum then.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

So what you are saying is that anyone who isn’t employed ( or hasn’t ever been) as a football manager can’t have an opinion about football or footballers because It’s not their level of expertise. Better close down this forum then.

No, not at all, am saying that the lads with the least amount upstairs constantly seem to know the best.  Bit of reasoned, informed debate on the other hand is a pretty useful aspect of a forum. 

Edited by francisfirth
11 hours ago, Greggs said:

Dont think Leeds will care at all if they finish 1st or 2nd to be honest. 2 dropped points tonight though for Leeds. 

If they had Ollie Warkins playing for them they'd of been promoted ages ago. 

Leeds would have been promoted ages ago if they hadn’t kept selling all their best players (mostly to Norwich...)

12 hours ago, Nick said:

Actually want Leeds you go up and would love Brentford to do it as well 

think parachute payment clubs have too much of an advantage 

always happy to see clubs doing it the hard way 

Brentford’s new ground looks like it will be a lovely ground .. 

go in Brentford get up there .. 

I think that's it with me Nick, I like to see clubs who have been down there with us who have managed to climb the ladder through hard work and good fortune. I know we'll never get away from the big 6 scenario, but it's the lesser clubs, the Cardiffs, Bradfords, Huddersfields ,Wigans, Charltons etc who've all managed to get up there that give us the dream that one day we might just somehow get there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Which is exactly why its OK to resort to abusive langauge and suggest somebody throws them self in front of a moving vehicle. Mmmm, let me mull that one over, could be just that on a general level you can't control that temper. 

Here's the thing sunshine, you always know better, bit like the dim-witted racist father and son combo. Truth is, you have no real grasp of the complexities, personalities or choices that any 'incapable' , full time football manager (who gets paid) has to deal with in any situation that you choose to simplify. There may be some situations in life where you know better than others but football and personal conduct are not them. 

Dim-witted racist father and son combo. Jesus Christ :doh: You can’t just make serious stuff up like that and accuse them of something so serious when in fact have said nothing racist at all! 

What a bellend you really are. I thought you couldn’t get more of a bigger **** but you’ve just succeeded so well done! 

10 hours ago, ITMAN said:

I agree, that it is important for the region to have a PL club. This will bring many financial advantages to the whole football community in WY if they do manage to get up to the PL

Why? What financial advantages will it bring? What financial advantages did the whole football community gain from Huddersfield being in the premier league?

1 hour ago, Sparrow said:

my cats called mittens and its breath smells of cat food?

You cant go around accusing your cat of having smelly breath and being "catty"!! That's Cattist??

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

You cant go around accusing your cat of having smelly breath and being "catty"!! That's Cattist??

well someone had to say it...its been going on too long now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Momentum from keeping a squad together, Huddersfied had a good first season . Sheffield United are better than Leeds United, West Brom and Brentford at this moment in time . 

I put a lot of it down to the manager. Wonder where they got him from?

3 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Leeds would have been promoted ages ago if they hadn’t kept selling all their best players (mostly to Norwich...)

Unfortunately, that's the name of the game, otherwise with the players we have sold/let go, would be knocking on the door of EFL2 as well.

Edited by ITMAN
1 hour ago, klarkie said:

Why? What financial advantages will it bring? What financial advantages did the whole football community gain from Huddersfield being in the premier league?

Klarkie, I am assuming that there would be some flow downstream of funding for community projects etc with the additional funds that a PL club has open to it.

Maybe it might not reach as far as Calderdale, but when you have a big club, and IMO Huddersfield were never a big club, then some of it might just get this way. Anyway, it is better to have a PL team in the area than not, even if it just keeps youngsters wanting to play football. I honestly feel that the current crop of players at Leeds and the Manager will be seen to be more community minded than we have seen for sometime.

I have had a great dislike of Leeds since the Don Revie days. I admit to having a big laugh at their expense for the last few years of near misses and I would be pleased if it all went sour again. Also Elland Road is the only football ground where I actually feared for my safety, I think the atmosphere is very intimidating and it is a ground I never wish to go to again.

4 minutes ago, MR. D said:

I have had a great dislike of Leeds since the Don Revie days. I admit to having a big laugh at their expense for the last few years of near misses and I would be pleased if it all went sour again. Also Elland Road is the only football ground where I actually feared for my safety, I think the atmosphere is very intimidating and it is a ground I never wish to go to again.

Strangely I only ever went there once and parked my van in between a Jag and a merc and mine was the only one broken into and anything that could be taken was.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MR. D said:

So you dont like them then Mr D?

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Strangely I only ever went there once and parked my van in between a Jag and a merc and mine was the only one broken into and anything that could be taken was.

Some mates of mine were STH back in the 70's and if one of them couldn't make a game, and if Town were away, I occasionally used to go to Elland Rd. Bloody hated it. Running the gauntlet under that bridge with the stones and anything else that could be hurled at you was horrendous. Didn't matter which team you were supporting.

6 hours ago, francisfirth said:

What a vile human being you are. You cannot help yourself with your constant jibes at me & my son. 

You calling me a racist. Prove it!!!!