Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

Forum's email system is not currently working

Hosteroid have prevented the forum software from sending out email due to a massive increase in spam email sent by fake accounts. I'm going to improve the site's detection of spam accounts and take other available measures to reduce outgoing email, and hopefully persuade Hosteroid to turn the feature back on.

Until then, it will be impossible for new members to register to use the site unless an existing member contacts us. The new user should register as normal but would then need someone else to message @Bubba or myself to manually approve their account. This is a pita so hopefully only a temporary measure,

Additionally, email relating to private messages and other opt-in notification subscriptions won't be working either.

A potential work around for the time being - could you link the Facebook page into the registration form, telling people to post on there for access?

Not ideal, I get that, but it would solve those that don't know any user who knows you or Bubba being able to get in. 

• Like 1