Jump to content
Nick

Really believe we can do it .. promotion

Recommended Posts

Feeling optimistic.. my bones say we can and will win the playoffs 

third time lucky and sense the players supporters and everything about the club is up for these three games 

keep the faith

nick 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe to achieve it, positivity breeds positivity, etc. Love it.

I think that the amount raised so far shows the supporters are right behind the team. Hopefully we can create a buzz around the town and get people watching the game on BT that usually wouldn't. The more cheering the lads on from home the better! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m see-sawing from believing we can do it to thinking we’ve got no chance. This is probably the most open the play offs have ever been due to the break. If Cam King has 3 good games we’ll be promoted.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get past Boreham Wood then I will start feeling optimistic. Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. 

The fans are clearly behind the team as project playoffs shows that so come on town and good luck! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite a couple of disappointments Town have good experience of how to do the play offs. We have as good a chance as anyone, remember Huddersfield won their way to the Premier League without scoring a goal..... It’s a lottery and the so called best teams don’t always win, we might just have the winning ticket

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Despite a couple of disappointments Town have good experience of how to do the play offs. We have as good a chance as anyone, remember Huddersfield won their way to the Premier League without scoring a goal..... It’s a lottery and the so called best teams don’t always win, we might just have the winning ticket

And Huddersfield are just about to be relegated 2 seasons back to back, lets hope we dont go the same way. We will win the playoffs and finish mid table in league 2 next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the words of Chris Martin "nobody said it was easy" 

I honestly believe though. Some will think delusional but if you think positive then good things will happen. I'm not building myself up for an almighty fall but why can't we believe. We will need some luck along the way just like every club in the play offs, why can't it be us who spawn our way through them. 

Sho-Silva will redeem himself like Peniket did against Salford because football and fate is funny. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

And Huddersfield are just about to be relegated 2 seasons back to back, lets hope we dont go the same way. We will win the playoffs and finish mid table in league 2 next season.

I know it’s great. We go up and stabilise for a while more than happy with that. Accrington and Rochdale are the models we need to follow 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

In the words of Chris Martin "nobody said it was easy" 

I honestly believe though. Some will think delusional but if you think positive then good things will happen. I'm not building myself up for an almighty fall but why can't we believe. We will need some luck along the way just like every club in the play offs, why can't it be us who spawn our way through them. 

Sho-Silva will redeem himself like Peniket did against Salford because football and fate is funny. 

A few are thinking TSS is the man for the occasion after everything that’s gone in with him this season. Your right when you say football has a funny way with the fickle finger of fate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Everyone is getting excited about the playoffs and promotion, yet the FA have not even ratified they are going ahead 

I thought they had? That's why we are getting excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LeedsShaymen said:

I know it’s great. We go up and stabilise for a while more than happy with that. Accrington and Rochdale are the models we need to follow 

And even better for the coffers, we'll be playing Bradford & Huddersfield in League 2, we'll be sitting top 12 points clear of the chasing pack and Huddersfield will be facing the drop to the National league for the first time in their history. And they will also make history by being the first team to drop from Premier League to National league in consecutive seasons!!! (if there really is a god, please?)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Everyone is getting excited about the playoffs and promotion, yet the FA have not even ratified they are going ahead 

That greatly improves our chances

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one am optimistic, but in a way that feels good. We have gotten to the play offs when everything about the club and this season said we would be grateful to get to the end and avoid relegation. PW has come in and turned it around, we have a shot promotion, but even if we do not go up I feel positive about where the club is heading.

At the same time I like to see how Leeds do, living in Leeds and having 2 sons who are supporters, but that was painful to watch yesterday, to be so near to the promised land, the next 7 games will be torture with the fear of failure. Halifax have nothing to fear only that they go out and do their best and what will be will be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope when and if we get to play, that our team play like their lives depend on it and not like some of the games recently where players seem to be playing as if it is a practise game and not chasing and harrassing opposition players. (Apart from the last Liverpool game where they still had 3 players chasing an opponent near the end of the game when already 4 nil up, a lot of teams seemed to be lacking any zip).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see us promoted, the club (which I believe is on the whole properly run) and it’s supporters deserve it after years of struggles and disappointment.

However, I can’t help thinking there is an awful lot of misplaced optimism brought about by inactivity. Looking at the criticisms and weaknesses that have been levelled at the side earlier in the season, how many have been cured by a three month layoff? Have our central defenders suddenly discovered some extra pace? Do we now have a creative midfielder that can play multiple games in a short space of time? Has TSS developed into a prolific goalscorer? Has Pete Wild managed to devise plan than doesn’t make us look a plodding one-dimensional team with no idea on how to change a game?

I hope we don’t end up spending money chasing the gold at the end of the rainbow when the money may have been better spent preparing for next season. It could be that the clubs not competing in the playoffs will have a significant advantage over those that do but don’t succeed.

Lots of questions, be interesting to see the answers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the restarts so far it takes a competitive game to get going. We beat boring wood and when we play harrogant we will have already played a competitive fixture Vs Harrogate's zero, so that should then level out the indifference in ability throw in our higher level of desire and the world is our oyster. The final... Everyone knows that can be decided on the flip of a coin form, skill and ability are all out of the window in a final.

 

It's time to believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

Based on the restarts so far it takes a competitive game to get going. We beat boring wood and when we play harrogant we will have already played a competitive fixture Vs Harrogate's zero, so that should then level out the indifference in ability throw in our higher level of desire and the world is our oyster. The final... Everyone knows that can be decided on the flip of a coin form, skill and ability are all out of the window in a final.

 

It's time to believe.

I’ve thought this as well. Will almost be a benefit in my opinion being the team that plays the most games in these playoffs. Get through the first game you’ve got a bit of momentum and also better match sharpness. Think Harrogate and Notts County could fare worse despite the higher placed finish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

I’ve thought this as well. Will almost be a benefit in my opinion being the team that plays the most games in these playoffs. Get through the first game you’ve got a bit of momentum and also better match sharpness. Think Harrogate and Notts County could fare worse despite the higher placed finish.

Had the same thought too. Add in the fact that away teams have been faring better since the restart too, all plays to our advantage. Still need to play well and want it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After much consideration, decided a toss of a coin is as good a way to come to a conclusion as any. We have a compact tough team thats' difficult to beat, what we are short of is goals in the team, get lucky up front & we will be OK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot of optimism on here coz fans want to believe the impossible! BWood finished on a great run and have home advantage, Rodney gone and no McAlinden. Both players largely responsible for our good form. We finished the season badly with a terrible home defeat. We will strugggle to score and play a containment game reducing our goal scoring chances further. And, to win promotion we need three wins. That’s a tall order and will be the biggest achievement ever in our history if we pull it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Redcard said:

There is a lot of optimism on here coz fans want to believe the impossible! BWood finished on a great run and have home advantage, Rodney gone and no McAlinden. Both players largely responsible for our good form. We finished the season badly with a terrible home defeat. We will strugggle to score and play a containment game reducing our goal scoring chances further. And, to win promotion we need three wins. That’s a tall order and will be the biggest achievement ever in our history if we pull it off.

Thanks for that. Nobody knows what effect the enforced layoff will have on any of the 6 teams in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

I’m see-sawing from believing we can do it to thinking we’ve got no chance. This is probably the most open the play offs have ever been due to the break. If Cam King has 3 good games we’ll be promoted.

couldn't agree more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Redcard said:

There is a lot of optimism on here coz fans want to believe the impossible! BWood finished on a great run and have home advantage, Rodney gone and no McAlinden. Both players largely responsible for our good form. We finished the season badly with a terrible home defeat. We will strugggle to score and play a containment game reducing our goal scoring chances further. And, to win promotion we need three wins. That’s a tall order and will be the biggest achievement ever in our history if we pull it off.

Form everyone finished the season is irrelevant, by the time the play offs are played it will have been 4 months since anyone kicked a ball.

 

ps, we don’t need to win - three 0-0 draws will do it.

Edited by riccardo259

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...