Jump to content
Sparrow

random football facts

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I thought he was showing more passion in that game than ever before, then sent off.

Yeah, I think that's what wound him up. But for me he was another one of those great players who disappointed in an England shirt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

Nice one Steve, hope your not using devices?? Very stupid sending off as I recall, he threw the ball when he got a bad decision against him and it accidently hit the ref. Unbelievable, but typical of the kind of luck we always seem to get.

Talking about an era I know whereas I couldn't name you the England team now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Talking about an era I know whereas I couldn't name you the England team now.

Yeah, I know what you mean. All double barrel names now??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone know that Yul Brynner was a lifelong Liverpool fan? He also never wore aftershave. 
 

In fact, Yul never wore cologne.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Did anyone know that Yul Brynner was a lifelong Liverpool fan? He also never wore aftershave. 
 

In fact, Yul never wore cologne.

Do you know Chadders, by any chance?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Do you know Chadders, by any chance?

Wouldn't  wish that on anyone

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Do you know Chadders, by any chance?

 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Wouldn't  wish that on anyone

lockdown sense of humour not getting any better then i see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which player was signed by Arsenal but was then moved on in a money + player deal before playing a competitive game. Usual rules please. No wikithingying!! No using devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in October 1998,witchcraft was blamed when a match in Congo ended in tragedy when all eleven players for bena tshadi were reportedly killed when lighting struck the ground during their match against local rivals basangana..apparently the opposition players came away unscathed but another 30 people were injured 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sparrow said:

in October 1998,witchcraft was blamed when a match in Congo ended in tragedy when all eleven players for bena tshadi were reportedly killed when lighting struck the ground during their match against local rivals basangana..apparently the opposition players came away unscathed but another 30 people were injured 

makes Romark look like amateur night!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sparrow said:

in October 1998,witchcraft was blamed when a match in Congo ended in tragedy when all eleven players for bena tshadi were reportedly killed when lighting struck the ground during their match against local rivals basangana..apparently the opposition players came away unscathed but another 30 people were injured 

There's loads of Africans where my mate lives in Leeds. He regularly gets flyers through the door offering help with people who are possessed or have been affected by witchcraft etc. 

Absolutely stark raving doolallytap crazy. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Which player was signed by Arsenal but was then moved on in a money + player deal before playing a competitive game. Usual rules please. No wikithingying!! No using devices.

I know this one as well Tommy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Which player was signed by Arsenal but was then moved on in a money + player deal before playing a competitive game. Usual rules please. No wikithingying!! No using devices.

One for you here then Tommy which West Riding lad became the youngest first division captain in 1964, he had a famous father (RL player) and footballing brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I know this one as well Tommy.

I saw him score his stunning goal for Palace at Coventry, unfortunately for him the referee and linesman had a nightmare and blinked just at the wrong time . Where was goal line technology and VAR, at least Match of the Day were there to capture it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

One for you here then Tommy which West Riding lad became the youngest first division captain in 1964, he had a famous father (RL player) and footballing brother.

I'm struggling Steve!! I'm trying to think of footballing brothers but apart from the obvious?? Leave it with me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

One for you here then Tommy which West Riding lad became the youngest first division captain in 1964, he had a famous father (RL player) and footballing brother.

I'm stumped Steve!! All I can think from around that period might have been one of the Worthington brothers, or perhaps Peter & Cyril Knowles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TommyH72 said:

I'm stumped Steve!! All I can think from around that period might have been one of the Worthington brothers, or perhaps Peter & Cyril Knowles. 

Correct Peter Wolves Cyril Spurs Dad RL Player I think Wakefield but not 100% don't know much about RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Correct Peter Wolves Cyril Spurs Dad RL Player I think Wakefield but not 100% don't know much about RL.

Wow!! I've surprised myself there. Didn't Peter quit football to be a Jehovah's witness? And I seem to recall that one of them was badly injured when a stone/brick was thrown through the car windscreen on a motorway. Amazing the stuff you remember. (well think you do). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Wow!! I've surprised myself there. Didn't Peter quit football to be a Jehovah's witness? And I seem to recall that one of them was badly injured when a stone/brick was thrown through the car windscreen on a motorway. Amazing the stuff you remember. (well think you do). 

Peter did indeed become a Jehovah witness at the age about 25, didn't hear anything re car accident, played against Peter as a young teenager have to say he was a tremendous player, should have gone on to be an International. Cyril even had a song about him, quite a family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...