Sparrow

random football facts

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Glad you wasn't  in our zoom quiz, it was bad enough with just 1 person not accepting the answer

I think this verse from the Old Testament proves the game was around well before Sheffield FC. I interpret the verse as meaning England will play Scotland (away), and that the England fans' celebrations will reflect Scotland's embarrassment at their fans rioting after losing.

Isaiah 22:18 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house.

5 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

It gets worse name three flowers that played for Manchester United

Violet and Blanchflower are correct who is the third flower

9 hours ago, chadders said:

Didn't Man Utd have s teenage Chinese player at one time?

Any ideas??

Which former Town player played in a European Cup Semi Final and was on the bench for a European Cup Final. No cheating!! No Wikithingy.

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Which former Town player played in a European Cup Semi Final and was on the bench for a European Cup Final. No cheating!! No Wikithingy.

must be Alan Waddle also played for Welsh all stars v Lanzarote in which I had the pleasure of playing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

must be Alan Waddle also played for Welsh all stars v Lanzarote in which I had the pleasure of playing.

Well done Steve! But running on with the half time oranges doesn't actually mean playing in the game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Well done Steve! But running on with the half time oranges doesn't actually mean playing in the game?

I was the only one to play the full game.......Ha Ha :P when Alan heard I was from Halifax he came and sat next to me at the after dinner, a nice lad.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Unusual name and not the Ding Dong Ming you'd expect

3 hours ago, Alright Andy said:

Dong Fangzhou

2 hours ago, Sparrow said:

Luke Chadwick?

Young Lee Sharpe B)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Who was the first England Player to be sent off at a in a World Cup Game? and who were England playing. Usual rules, no cheating and using Wikithingy

15 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Who was the first England Player to be sent off at a in a World Cup Game? and who were England playing. Usual rules, no cheating and using Wikithingy

I know who the player was can't remember who we played.

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I know who the player was can't remember who we played.

They were an African team and it was a very poor 0 - 0 if that helps

You have happened to pick on my two fav. teams away from Halifax. Wolves & Spurs in the 50/60s. Although he was not at Spurs at the time if I remember rightly.

10 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Got it first time he had shown some aggression and in my opinion having his best game in an England shirt.

Is this in answer to my question Steve??

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Is this in answer to my question Steve??

Yes Ray Wilkins v Morroco.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yes Ray Wilkins v Morroco.

Nice one Steve, hope your not using devices?? Very stupid sending off as I recall, he threw the ball when he got a bad decision against him and it accidently hit the ref. Unbelievable, but typical of the kind of luck we always seem to get.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:21 PM, Icke's Lizard said:

Alvin Martin once scored a hattrick against 3 different keepers in the same match against Newcastle in 1986. 

I was there. 8-0. Beardsley ended up in goal. West Ham should have won the League that year.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I was there. 8-0. Beardsley ended up in goal. West Ham should have won the League that year.

That is a random game to go to! Never in a million years posting that fact would I believe somebody on here would be there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

Nice one Steve, hope your not using devices?? Very stupid sending off as I recall, he threw the ball when he got a bad decision against him and it accidently hit the ref. Unbelievable, but typical of the kind of luck we always seem to get.

I thought he was showing more passion in that game than ever before, then sent off.