Sign in to follow this  
Greggs

Return of Football

Anyone else been watching the premier league since it restarted? The standard has been utterly atrocious in nearly every game. I know they have had 3 months off but the lack of goals and even excitement across the board has been so so poor. 

Be thankful the games back I guess and hope the quality picks up. Falling asleep watching some of these games. 

It's a bit like having the summer off, knocking a ball around with your kids and coming back into pre season friendlies. This is like the pre season friendly bit. Hopefully the competitive edge returns 

• Like 1

Lots of boring games, more than usual. Watching Man City is always boring for me, it’s just so predictable. I started watching their game last night before switching over to the L2 play offs. Much more exciting game, don’t know why I didn’t start with that one!

I lost interest in the Premier League a few years ago. I hope Vardy wins the Golden Boot and Wilder does well but other than that it's a no no. 

What it shows is that supporters make the game what it is not the players. Hopefully this will become apparent to even the players themselves and help to reset the power imbalance. Without fans and atmosphere football is indeed soulless as someone above mentioned, the games so far are really stripping back the veil of illusion that surrounds football, without fans the game is nothing, and in fact its also showing how reliant the players and managers are on the fans creating the platform for the players. Let's hope it wakes a few egotistical players up from their illusion. 

Covid-19 is probably playing its part in more ways than one - making players hesitate rather than going in for the tackle, or the header, or chasing another player back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

or chasing another player back.

Very true. Chrisbo will be getting the race card out again 

I think it will pick up..players are still getting fit...granted it's no way near the same without the crowds but football is back and that's what we all want

Edited by Sparrow
  • Like 1