• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can’t just call people racists for saying something that’s clearly not racist.  You’re everything wrong with it and don’t help at all getting the race card out at any opportunity.  —————

It's what you put in mexican food! It's made with avocados, garlic and lime juice!

On a lighter note,I see the covid denying president of Brazil has tested positive! What a funking clown!

Posted Images

7 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

I get the distinct impression ashy 66 is a racist, and for that reason it's a 'no' from me!

I am not sure he would admit that and people with similar views would be the same, they don't see it as racist, they see it as balance.  

Edited by francisfirth
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

How many bosses have you had who are not white? Mmmm, is that because people who are black or brown are such a minority or might it be down to something else? Can deflect it all you like. It's about here as much as anywhere. 

I worked for a company that didn't have ANY black people working there. I never saw one single black person attend an interview for any job vacancy either. We did once have an African guy who worked for an agency and two young black guys who were from Leeds but they only turned up for two days and then they didn't come back. The African guy did quite well but there were sadly no full time vacancies.

When I was in charge of running a department I had to rely on agaency staff for long periods, especially in the early 2000's and I didn't give a damn what your skin colour was, your religion, your gender or sexual orientation. If you were on time and worked hard then happy days. If you were any good and there was a vacancy I'd take you on full time. 

During that time I had people from all over the world working in my department and during those years we used hundreds of different agency staff. As I mentioned above only 2 black people came to work for me. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
8 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

I get the distinct impression ashy 66 is a racist, and for that reason it's a 'no' from me!

You’re a ****ing tit really aren’t you when it comes to anything regarding politics or real life. 

Everyone else is wrong apart from you. You don’t even know who he is and call him a racist for literally nothing and not agreeing with you. As said on this thread you’re everything that’s wrong with what’s going on and clearly just love getting the race card out at any opportunity 

20 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You’re a ****ing tit really aren’t you when it comes to anything regarding politics or real life. 

Everyone else is wrong apart from you. You don’t even know who he is and call him a racist for literally nothing and not agreeing with you. As said on this thread you’re everything that’s wrong with what’s going on and clearly just love getting the race card out at any opportunity 

Grow up!

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Not really though! Only those that display racism!

Just leave a thought for you. Then I won't waste my time on you anymore. 

Amazing Grace was played at George Floyd's funeral written by John Newton. John Newton was a slave trader. Hypercritical don't you think? 

4 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Amazing Grace was played at George Floyd's funeral written by John Newton. John Newton was a slave trader. Hypercritical don't you think? 

Didn't he later become an ardent abolitionist? Perhaps GF's relatives were fully aware of the guy's history?

6 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

I suggest you do some research into Newton.

It will avoid looking even more of a clown in future!

Sometimes music and songs are music and songs. Amazing Grace is synonymous with African American Christians, especially Baptists. 

It might have been written by a slave trader but it has been reappropriated by black people. 

Not that it's just a song that's sung by black Christians, I can remember singing it in church when I was younger. 

It's a damn fine hymn/song. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Sometimes music and songs are music and songs. Amazing Grace is synonymous with African American Christians, especially Baptists. 

It might have been written by a slave trader but it has been reappropriated by black people. 

Not that it's just a song that's sung by black Christians, I can remember singing it in church when I was younger. 

It's a damn fine hymn/song. 

He wasnt a slave trader, he was a sailor, clergyman and abolitionist!

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

He wasnt a slave trader, he was a sailor, clergyman and abolitionist!

I've not read up on him. I was just going on some of the comments. Glad to hear it. 

Was he the chap from Liverpool that went blind sailing onboard the ship with disease that made the slaves go blind? He refused to sail on a different boat, or even sleep on deck away from  infected people. 

10 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Wrong clown. He was a slave ship master. 

He was, initially. He then realised how terrible slaving was and joined the clergy whilst actively working hard to try and abolish slavery, which is the time when he wrote Amazing Grace.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I suggest you do some research into Newton.

It will avoid looking even more of a clown in future!

You have literally made yourself look a massive clown mate.

In history you learn about the slave trade and John Newton was a part of it. He went to sea at a young age on a slave ship and Whipped and injured many black people. He also was the captain of two slave ships until he became ill. So again you always thinking you’re right you’re most certainly wrong now!!!

So for them to actually play it at George Floyds funeral was abit odd. 

6 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

He was, initially. He then realised how terrible slaving was and joined the clergy whilst actively working hard to try and abolish slavery, which is the time when he wrote Amazing Grace.

But that’s still not the point. I don’t get why they would play it when he was previously a captain of two slave ships and treated black people differently because of the colour of their skin. 

Surely if all this BLM movement are so against it all they wouldn’t play it that song would they.