14 hours ago, hunsworthhound said:

Where does boris get it from government strategy for local outbreaks is to " whack a mole " whatever that means

I think it's where he buys his clothes from. 

On a lighter note,I see the covid denying president of Brazil has tested positive! What a funking clown!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

On a lighter note,I see the covid denying president of Brazil has tested positive! What a funking clown!

The evil scumbag that's responsible for desteoying half the Beazilian rain forest and said he'd rather have a dead son than a gay son? He makes Trump look like Ghandi. 

I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed for him. 

• Haha 1

I thought brexiteers told us the eu wouldn't allow us to change VAT rates!

Seems Sunak has just cut VAT for the hospitality trade to 5%!

Well I never, more brexit lies. 

Edited by chrisbo61

10 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

I thought brexiteers told us the eu wouldn't allow us to change VAT rates!

Seems Sunak has just cut VAT for the hospitality trade to 5%!

Well I never, more brexit lies. 

Certain items were already 5% so it's not actually a new 'magic' figure anyway . But I don't recall VAT as a topical subject for leavers or remainers ( then again, Brexit was ages ago and we've all slept since then)

5 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Certain items were already 5% so it's not actually a new 'magic' figure anyway . But I don't recall VAT as a topical subject for leavers or remainers ( then again, Brexit was ages ago and we've all slept since then)

haha! Its leavers favourite topic, they perceive it as an eu tax!

Brevity is as relevant now as it always has been, you've just been distracted by covid!

Think things are bad now! Wait till next year!

55 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

haha! Its leavers favourite topic, they perceive it as an eu tax!

Brevity is as relevant now as it always has been, you've just been distracted by covid!

Think things are bad now! Wait till next year!

The World is bankrupt . That isn't really news :lol:

• Confused 1

The UK can apply special VAT rates on anything they like, providing such rates were grandfathered into the EU VAT treaties by at least one other EU member state, and subject to the UK notifying the EU. For example, we charge a zero rate of VAT on what we consider to be essential food. That means every other EU member state can do likewise, providing they notify the EU of the change. Likewise, at least one member state doesn't charge VAT on sanitary products, so the UK could do the same on condition they notify.

I'm assuming that the 5% rate on hospitality already exists elsewhere in the EU and the UK is taking advantage of this, otherwise they could well end up paying a fine, as although we're no longer members, we signed up to be bound by the rules until the end of 2020.