8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Correct. You can't discriminate against someone because of their political beliefs, no matter how much you disagree with them.

Court case pending and big win for the lad me thinks 

No chance, the judiciary cant be seen to endorse racist ****wits.

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

Politically that could possibly be the way that it goes because of your eloquent description!

Legally it's a different conversation.

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Politically that could possibly be the way that it goes because of your eloquent description!

Legally it's a different conversation.

Going to be interesting!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Granted she didnt come across very well, but what she meant was, that it shouldn't matter what colour you are, all should be treated the same!

Hope that helps.

Well that's odd, because when I said exactly that earlier on in these threads I was accused of being racist, thick, stupid. Is that "double standards?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Well that's odd, because when I said exactly that earlier on in these threads I was accused of being racist, thick, stupid. Is that "double standards?

Just leave him too it. He’s having a mare these last few days 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Correct. You can't discriminate against someone because of their political beliefs, no matter how much you disagree with them.

Court case pending and big win for the lad me thinks 

EU (and thus UK) law protects an individual from discrimination arising from their philosophical beliefs, however to be protected, the belief must be worthy of respect in a democratic society, not incompatible with human dignity and not conflict with the fundamental rights of others.

According to one leading employment law firm (Ellis Whittam), it is accepted that supporting a political party or membership of a specific political party is not in itself a philosophical belief, though an underlying belief that leads you to support a particular party may be protected. But the 'respect' condition noted above removes legal protection for any belief, politically motived or otherwise, that is rooted in racism.

Without that protection, he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance. You can be sacked for being racist.

9 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

EU (and thus UK) law protects an individual from discrimination arising from their philosophical beliefs, however to be protected, the belief must be worthy of respect in a democratic society, not incompatible with human dignity and not conflict with the fundamental rights of others.

According to one leading employment law firm (Ellis Whittam), it is accepted that supporting a political party or membership of a specific political party is not in itself a philosophical belief, though an underlying belief that leads you to support a particular party may be protected. But the 'respect' condition noted above removes legal protection for any belief, politically motived or otherwise, that is rooted in racism.

Without that protection, he doesn't stand a cat in hell's chance. You can be sacked for being racist.

Which brings us back to is white lives matter racist? 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

It was yesterday when I mentioned it. Might not be today though 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Well his intent behind it was racist even if the act itself was not. Leaving aside the banner stunt, isn't he an EDL supporter?

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Well his intent behind it was racist even if the act itself was not. Leaving aside the banner stunt, isn't he an EDL supporter?

How was his intent racist? 

Just now, Hoddie said:

Yeah, I'm not playing, sorry.

No this is genuine. How was his intent racist? Or have you just come to that conclusion yourself? Because for me it’s not racist, for thousands of others it’s not racist mahbe done at the wrong time and in bad taste yes but no way racist? 

6 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The intent was probably to **** off a load of easily offended snow flakes.

As I understand things yeah EDL man.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

The intent was probably to **** off a load of easily offended snow flakes.

As I understand things yeah EDL man.

Snow flakes is 100% the correct terminology pal. I agree 

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

No this is genuine. How was his intent racist? Or have you just come to that conclusion yourself? Because for me it’s not racist, for thousands of others it’s not racist mahbe done at the wrong time and in bad taste yes but no way racist? 

For many who talk about "white lives matter", the driving force is white supremacy. They may claim otherwise but it's about maintaining white privilege over minorities. Some, like you, will say that it is an innocent slogan akin to "black lives matter", except that would be to deny the institutional and casual racism that black people have to deal with every day, and which is the driving force behind BLM. There is no 'white' version of that against which a WLM movement could conceivably be justified.

It is also no surprise that many of those who offer the 'innocent slogan' defence also have affinity to groups like EDL and have history with Nazi symbols and slogans.

In isolation, innocently saying "white lives matter" is not racist. But if the person, having educated themselves about BLM, continues to push the "white lives matter" crap, then yeah, they're racist. At least in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Snow flakes is 100% the correct terminology pal. I agree 

That suggests that you don't believe black people are disadvantaged in our society. I mean, why should someone who faces daily racism be offended by it? Fucking snowflake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

You are Communist and they don’t recognise any political opposition and if your likes got your way you would eliminate all your opposition like Josef Stalin did..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

You are Communist and they don’t recognise any political opposition and if your likes got your way you would eliminate all your opposition like Josef Stalin did..

Have you been drinking?

22 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Have you been drinking?

Don’t drink but you try to be a bully on here you are a Communist not Labour supporter,The like of Corbyn and Long Bitch Bailley are Communists like you .if you hate  it so much and people having there right to free speech maybe you would be happier living in China were they suppress people right to democracy..

Edited by Forever a Shayman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I was determined not to put any further comments on this thread for fear of being accused of being every type of "ist" that exists. But reading Fleas thread, which I think is excellent by the way, he mentions "Double standards. So I was just reading a news item and It makes me wonder where you would place this?:-

Professor Priyamvada Gopal, a fellow of Churchill College, sparked a backlash after she posted the tweet saying: “I’ll say it again. White Lives Don’t Matter. As white lives.”

You see, our world is full of double standards, but this highly educated woman is racist, funny how it runs under the radar. Just flip it on its head and the outcry that follows some stupid comment made by a "white" person. Exactly the same as Diane Abbot's comments, " The trouble with England is white people", Jeremy Corbins right hand woman when he was labour leader, what chance is there of ever healing the great divides that exist. Racism is a two way street but it is only ever pointed in one direction.

It’s funny how that poster mentions double standards. 

5 hours ago, Hoddie said:

For many who talk about "white lives matter", the driving force is white supremacy. They may claim otherwise but it's about maintaining white privilege over minorities. Some, like you, will say that it is an innocent slogan akin to "black lives matter", except that would be to deny the institutional and casual racism that black people have to deal with every day, and which is the driving force behind BLM. There is no 'white' version of that against which a WLM movement could conceivably be justified.

It is also no surprise that many of those who offer the 'innocent slogan' defence also have affinity to groups like EDL and have history with Nazi symbols and slogans.

In isolation, innocently saying "white lives matter" is not racist. But if the person, having educated themselves about BLM, continues to push the "white lives matter" crap, then yeah, they're racist. At least in my opinion.

That suggests that you don't believe black people are disadvantaged in our society. I mean, why should someone who faces daily racism be offended by it? ****ing snowflake.

Class and money plays a big part. There are still certain aspects of society where racism exists but we've come a long way. 

I think if you look at housing and the benefits system there's very little racism against black people. I live in a very muticultural city and black people are well looked after by the state. When I say black people I mean African.

One issue that I keep thinking about and mulling over is stop and search. I know it' s been identified as a racist practice because so many innocent black youths have been stopped. But at the same time the police have to try and prevent gang violence and especially knife crime. I'm not sure what the answer is. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Don't believe everything that is put out by BLM.  The founder Opal Tometi visited Venezuela and praised the police system in that country.  

Just Google Opal Tameti in Venezuela to realise that they don't alway follow what they preach.

5 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Don't believe everything that is put out by BLM.  The founder Opal Tometi visited Venezuela and praised the police system in that country.  

Just Google Opal Tameti in Venezuela to realise that they don't alway follow what they preach.

So you are against anti racism?

5 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

So you are against anti racism?

Where do you get that from.  Just because I can see both sides, I can also see that Floyd had a criminal record as long as your arm but it doesn’t meet he should be murdered.  I often wonder how you come to your way of thinking.   Did you actually research who Opal Tometi is, I personally would not support her in anything.