Flea

BorehamWood Virtual Tickets NOW ON SALE.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Yes a 50/50 half time draw...what a great idea 

I have already suggested this but it was explained that it was a low priority with all of the other Project Playoff stuff going on.

I put forward that we could do a virtual half-time draw, the same as the Barrow Supporters Trust are doing, for the 3 home games cancelled. 1 per Sat until the playoff game and then one for the playoff game. If you want to look to do something then DM me and we can look to organise them between us maybe? Anyone else can help out if they want, then we go for it. 

44 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I have already suggested this but it was explained that it was a low priority with all of the other Project Playoff stuff going on.

I put forward that we could do a virtual half-time draw, the same as the Barrow Supporters Trust are doing, for the 3 home games cancelled. 1 per Sat until the playoff game and then one for the playoff game. If you want to look to do something then DM me and we can look to organise them between us maybe? Anyone else can help out if they want, then we go for it. 

Mr T. You will agree that with around two weeks to the Boreham Wood game we have to prioritise and maximise the fund raising initiatives that will provide the best return for the club in this short space of time taking into account the limited staffing resources available and with a tremendous amount of work needing to be undertaken to ensure everything is in place to give us the best chance possible in the playoffs. AFC Halifax and Flea's ideas have produced a great response bringing in valuable revenue to augment the Project Play Off initiative with minimal effort and this obviously has to be the focus. Not decrying your suggestion but under the time and staffing constraints we endure it would not generate as much as existing streams and those backed by the hard working supporters club committee.

STID.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chadders said:

Mr T. You will agree that with around two weeks to the Boreham Wood game we have to prioritise and maximise the fund raising initiatives that will provide the best return for the club in this short space of time taking into account the limited staffing resources available and with a tremendous amount of work needing to be undertaken to ensure everything is in place to give us the best chance possible in the playoffs. AFC Halifax and Flea's ideas have produced a great response bringing in valuable revenue to augment the Project Play Off initiative with minimal effort and this obviously has to be the focus. Not decrying your suggestion but under the time and staffing constraints we endure it would not generate as much as existing streams and those backed by the hard working supporters club committee.

STID.

I agree but it's great to see so many people coming up with ideas on how to raise cash for the club. 

Top effort all round. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chadders said:

STID.

Chadders,  I concur with your point around the fact the club has limited resources to do things and the Supporters Club and AFC Halifax members are doing their utmost as well to help generate funds. On that basis they should concentrate on the areas where the highest return will be forthcoming.

The point I was raising was that the running of a "virtual" half-time raffle had already been discussed and for the current period of fundraising was deemed to fall into the "low priority" group. However, if there are others out there who are not already involved in the efforts to raise funds who might want to come forward and be involved then this would be something they might want to consider. Personally, after some analysis of the effort required to do this "virtually" compared to the good old bucket and a book of tickets on a match day, feel this would be one of the fundraisers that would be difficult to easily organise, and by this I mean in terms of getting in and reconciling the small amounts of money a raffle ticket would cost (£1). The point is that "many hands make light work", so we need more and more people to become actively engaged in producing new ideas, taking these ideas forward and ultimately bringing them to life. For some this can be a small, low income fundraiser but it helps to build their confidence to go on to try other bigger things. Take the football cards as an example, the first one was done for 68 @ £10 a go. This went down well and it was decided to go for 84 teams @ £20 a go., this went well. So, we decided to up the ante and go for 100 @£20 a go, this appears to be succeeding. The same could be said for the virtual ticket initiative for the the BHW game, this alone has raised around £3,000, so we should always continue to encourage people to come forward with ideas.   

There are other areas we should be focussing, much in the same way as Chester have done, in terms of trying to convert the short term generosity of the supporters into a habit rather than one off, or spasmodic reactions to an ongoing financial issue. Let's face facts, the club is not flush with money, the club needs or would benefit from a longer term, stable revenue stream. Season tickets is not at present going to provide this based on the number of ST's sold so far compared to last season. So we have already had the same idea come up a number of times which is to try to convert supporters into making regular donations, ideally via the Supporters Club which can then be used to help smooth out some of the financial bumps in the road. It will also allow the SC to build up a healthy reserve which is under their control instead of direct donations to the club, as sometimes this can incur disadvantages in term of VAT. So, we know there are some fans who make a regular contribution, we have had indications on this forum of other fans who would be prepared to consider doing this if it was set up in an organised manner, and I have proposed the idea of a 100/500 Club to the SC as part of my application for membership, as I feel that with some thought and consideration it is possible in the long term to generate funds for assisting the club well into the future, over and above the short term needs we have now with Project Playoff.

As I have said before, I will continue to explore for new ways to raise funds, find grants that may be available. I will also continue to support all and any fundraising efforts carried out by the Club, the Supporters Club and AFC Halifax, and anyone else for that matter who is trying to do something for the good of the club.

• Thanks 1

does anyone know how much it would have been for tickets for the final?...last time we got to Wembley I took all my kids and lass and stayed 3 nights and spent a fortune was the best weekend ever..I'm thinking I will b buying a boat load of tickets again when we get to wembley again...what about doing virtual beer tokens flea we would make a fortune?:D

As there is still a couple of weeks to go 

A chance to change things closer to the time 

perhaps in the last week a real push on the  virtual ticket ..play off programme and 50/50 draw 

14 hours ago, Sparrow said:

does anyone know how much it would have been for tickets for the final?...last time we got to Wembley I took all my kids and lass and stayed 3 nights and spent a fortune was the best weekend ever..I'm thinking I will b buying a boat load of tickets again when we get to wembley again...what about doing virtual beer tokens flea we would make a fortune?:D

Flea has tickets he'll know. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Early bird are cheaper than the actual tickets we would buy

Early Bird price was £20

Was thinking of still going and being outside .. taking a deckchair and watch the game on a tablet .. with a beer cooler and drawing a distance circle around me .. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Anyone taking a ladder? 

It would have to be a great big one for Wembley:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sparrow said:

what about children's?

The early bird pricing included under 16's for free. one per adult ticket, with additional under 16's costing £5.

EARLY BIRD offer - up to and including 29th February 2020:

Adults: £20
Seniors (Over 60): £10
Under 16: FREE **

(** 1 free U16 ticket can be ordered for each ticket sold at Adult or Senior price).
Additional tickets for Under 16 over the above allowance can be purchased at £5 each.

Early Bird sales are made even more attractive as no booking fee is charged.

These are the current prices based on the Final taking place in May, however, if spectators are allowed in by August then I would expect something similar:

Ticket information for the Vanarama National League Promotion Final to be played at Wembley Stadium connected by EE, on Saturday 11th May with a 3.00pm kick off.

TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED VIA THE WEMBLEY TICKET PORTAL

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET SALE – opens on-line Saturday 4th May as each Finalist club is determined

Level 1 - Category 1: £41 (no concessions)
These ticket sales will be subject to a booking fee of £3 per ticket.

Level 1 – Category 2: £36 and £18 (Under 16’s)
These ticket sales will be subject to a booking fee of £3 per ticket for those priced at £36 and £1.50 for those priced at £18.

Postage if requested will be charged at:
£2.50 per order

Print at Home if requested will be charged at:
£1.00 per order

Collection at Wembley if requested will be charged at £1.95 per order.

45 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

The early bird pricing included under 16's for free. one per adult ticket, with additional under 16's costing £5.

EARLY BIRD offer - up to and including 29th February 2020:

Adults: £20
Seniors (Over 60): £10
Under 16: FREE **

(** 1 free U16 ticket can be ordered for each ticket sold at Adult or Senior price).
Additional tickets for Under 16 over the above allowance can be purchased at £5 each.

Early Bird sales are made even more attractive as no booking fee is charged.

These are the current prices based on the Final taking place in May, however, if spectators are allowed in by August then I would expect something similar:

Ticket information for the Vanarama National League Promotion Final to be played at Wembley Stadium connected by EE, on Saturday 11th May with a 3.00pm kick off.

TICKETS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED VIA THE WEMBLEY TICKET PORTAL

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET SALE – opens on-line Saturday 4th May as each Finalist club is determined

Level 1 - Category 1: £41 (no concessions)
These ticket sales will be subject to a booking fee of £3 per ticket.

Level 1 – Category 2: £36 and £18 (Under 16’s)
These ticket sales will be subject to a booking fee of £3 per ticket for those priced at £36 and £1.50 for those priced at £18.

Postage if requested will be charged at:
£2.50 per order

Print at Home if requested will be charged at:
£1.00 per order

Collection at Wembley if requested will be charged at £1.95 per order.

So you buy a ticket then they charge for the privilege of selling it to you then charge to hand it over.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So you buy a ticket then they charge for the privilege of selling it to you then charge to hand it over.

It would appear so. I think the main reason is they do not want punters turning up at the ticket office.

39 minutes ago, scampyharris said:

No! I think the main reason is to make even more brass.

and to make more brass for doing nothing.

39 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

So, is the new target to raise £50k before the Boramwood game? 

Only another £7k to go. 

It would be silly not to go for it. We have nothing to lose. Anything raised over and above what actually get's spent, if we go out at BHW, then it rolls over into "Project Promotion" for next season.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

It would be silly not to go for it. We have nothing to lose. Anything raised over and above what actually get's spent, if we go out at BHW, then it rolls over into "Project Promotion" for next season.

Or it goes to cover the money lost from receiving the premier league consolidation payment early at the start of lockdown.

6 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Or it goes to cover the money lost from receiving the premier league consolidation payment early at the start of lockdown.

Have we received that yet because the last heard we hadn't.

1 hour ago, shaymen down under said:

budget wise it would be swings and roundabouts. As Steve has mentioned I have seen comments elsewhere that the money has not yet come in, including the EFL clubs. 

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Have we received that yet because the last heard we hadn't.

We aren't due it yet as we aren't at the moment a National League club next season

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We aren't due it yet as we aren't at the moment a National League club next season

If it has been paid then we would expect it to be based on which division we were in at the time of payment. If you had to account for which clubs were where at any given point in time and then try to guess at who would be coming up and who would be going down it would be a nightmare. Accepted it is a one off situation, but maybe that's why they have held off handing the money out?