Flea

BorehamWood Virtual Tickets NOW ON SALE.

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Haha, yes, tinpottory at its finest. 

I was drinking a bottle of water as I walked up to the away entrance, only for some steward to come running towards me telling me I couldn't take the bottle in the ground. When I asked why I was told it was because there had been a spate of acid attacks in the area and thus they were not allowing anyone to bring liquids into the ground. He said this to me, having just witnessed me open the bottle and take a good swig from it. 

yes but what if you were a world class mime artist? one has to be aware of these challenges that BHW people face

1 hour ago, Flea said:

I was drinking a bottle of water as I walked up to the away entrance, only for some steward to come running towards me telling me I couldn't take the bottle in the ground. When I asked why I was told it was because there had been a spate of acid attacks in the area and thus they were not allowing anyone to bring liquids into the ground. He said this to me, having just witnessed me open the bottle and take a good swig from it. 

#BorehamLivesMatter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Yes, it's amazing what happens to mild mannered people when you give them a high viz jacketor a clipboard.:)

Reading a lot of the opposition websites and how they interact with the away supporters you could almost be forgiven for thinking they do not actually want us to be there, as it creates tedious amounts of effort and paperwork to cope with a few hundred strangers turning up. 

21 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, it's amazing what happens to mild mannered people when you give them a high viz jacketor a clipboard.:)

Reading a lot of the opposition websites and how they interact with the away supporters you could almost be forgiven for thinking they do not actually want us to be there, as it creates tedious amounts of effort and paperwork to cope with a few hundred strangers turning up. 

I've been to every away ground Halifax have played at since reformation at least once. At this level, there are 4 teams that stand out for how goddamn awful they are to away fans every time we go. Forest Green, Boreham Wood, Fylde,  Woking and Eastleigh are comfortably the worst. Theres been single issues at other away grounds where we haven't been treated well at odd games (Bromley in the rain this season, Nuneaton the year the dogs were set upon the fans, Macc when they tried to pen us down one side and the chavs on bikes tried to attack town fans etc...).

Forest Green are just a nothing club, in the middle of nowhere, crap food, crap internet selection and have a "cult" persona of being eco friendly and vegan, despite having a huge carbon foot print due to moving stadiums every third year. Deluded owner who has to force his employees to go to home games as part of their working conditions. Bought their way into the football league. Fylde are pretty much the same, minus the vegan mantra and more the brexit mantra. 

Woking and Eastleigh are just full of backwards fans always looking for a scrap. Both awful grounds, often with obscured views, overpriced rubbish food and the general feeling of being unwelcome.

However, we then get Boreham Wood. Its a Southern Premier League side at best, propelled up many leagues above its station by a director who loves the sound of his own voice. Someone farts in Coventry, he has a 10,000 word dissertation on it. He's thrown good money after bad year after year funding a team that struggles to get 250 home fans through the gate. When they are not playing a fellow London based club, or playing a club that has a poor away following you will often see attendance's in the 370-430 range. 

The Chairman however keeps moaning about the costs of owning a club and how much the big clubs have compared to his, while he continually funds them so they can outspend other clubs in the region. You go into the ground and you can't take any food or drink in - simply because they want you to buy in the ground. The away end is uncovered, so if it rains, you get wet. Its 2/3 breeze blocks on an open terrace. It feels like a training game because no one is there. The ground however is dirty - as in dust everywhere, porta cabin style toilets with doors off the hinges and cobwebs in every corner. No running water, that type of thing. You can get an over priced bovril or burger though. 

They wont allow anyone from the media team in for free, they want to charge them entrance. Then they want to charge them to film. Then they want a copy of the footage. Which they then want to sell to the club. Prices are always on the top end. The welcome from the stewards is on a par with how poor our stewards are. Its a fake club, playing in a league above its station, on a fake pitch, bankrollled to a local public that have rejected it. 

So yeah, I don't like Boreham Wood. A nothing club. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

I've been to every away ground Halifax have played at since reformation at least once. At this level, there are 4 teams that stand out for how goddamn awful they are to away fans every time we go. Forest Green, Boreham Wood, Fylde,  Woking and Eastleigh are comfortably the worst. Theres been single issues at other away grounds where we haven't been treated well at odd games (Bromley in the rain this season, Nuneaton the year the dogs were set upon the fans, Macc when they tried to pen us down one side and the chavs on bikes tried to attack town fans etc...).

Forest Green are just a nothing club, in the middle of nowhere, crap food, crap internet selection and have a "cult" persona of being eco friendly and vegan, despite having a huge carbon foot print due to moving stadiums every third year. Deluded owner who has to force his employees to go to home games as part of their working conditions. Bought their way into the football league. Fylde are pretty much the same, minus the vegan mantra and more the brexit mantra. 

Woking and Eastleigh are just full of backwards fans always looking for a scrap. Both awful grounds, often with obscured views, overpriced rubbish food and the general feeling of being unwelcome.

However, we then get Boreham Wood. Its a Southern Premier League side at best, propelled up many leagues above its station by a director who loves the sound of his own voice. Someone farts in Coventry, he has a 10,000 word dissertation on it. He's thrown good money after bad year after year funding a team that struggles to get 250 home fans through the gate. When they are not playing a fellow London based club, or playing a club that has a poor away following you will often see attendance's in the 370-430 range. 

The Chairman however keeps moaning about the costs of owning a club and how much the big clubs have compared to his, while he continually funds them so they can outspend other clubs in the region. You go into the ground and you can't take any food or drink in - simply because they want you to buy in the ground. The away end is uncovered, so if it rains, you get wet. Its 2/3 breeze blocks on an open terrace. It feels like a training game because no one is there. The ground however is dirty - as in dust everywhere, porta cabin style toilets with doors off the hinges and cobwebs in every corner. No running water, that type of thing. You can get an over priced bovril or burger though. 

They wont allow anyone from the media team in for free, they want to charge them entrance. Then they want to charge them to film. Then they want a copy of the footage. Which they then want to sell to the club. Prices are always on the top end. The welcome from the stewards is on a par with how poor our stewards are. Its a fake club, playing in a league above its station, on a fake pitch, bankrollled to a local public that have rejected it. 

So yeah, I don't like Boreham Wood. A nothing club. 

I think that seems a fair representation of a number of clubs, and based on your greater knowledge by virtue of visiting the vast majority of grounds, I would take it as fairly accurate. On the other hand which clubs/grounds would you recommend as being worth a visit?

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I think that seems a fair representation of a number of clubs, and based on your greater knowledge by virtue of visiting the vast majority of grounds, I would take it as fairly accurate. On the other hand which clubs/grounds would you recommend as being worth a visit?

The stewards are ****, but other than that, The Shay. 

I always enjoyed my visits to Dartford tbf, a very friendly club. Barnet, Sutton, Chorley, Aldershot, Dover etc... are all decent enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flea said:

I always enjoyed my visits to Dartford tbf, a very friendly club. Barnet, Sutton, Chorley, Aldershot, Dover etc... are all decent enough. 

I always liked Barnet away. A decent away end. 

1 minute ago, Flea said:

The only bad experiences I've had were at Northwich, twice, one an evening fixture where they kicked everyone out of the ground into an unlit parking lot, with local dickheads prowling and not a steward in sight, and the other where they wouldn't let us leave the ground for ages after the match for no apparent reason. And the other was at Wrexham where I was searched twice by stewards at the Worthington Cup game in 1998. Made a big fuss and they dragged down a supervisor who apologised just to shut me up. Call me Karen :)

Never really felt safe at Stalybridge either, despite (or maybe because of) the massive police presence every time we played there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The only bad experiences I've had were at Northwich, twice, one an evening fixture where they kicked everyone out of the ground into an unlit parking lot, with local dickheads prowling and not a steward in sight, and the other where they wouldn't let us leave the ground for ages after the match for no apparent reason. And the other was at Wrexham where I was searched twice by stewards at the Worthington Cup game in 1998. Made a big fuss and they dragged down a supervisor who apologised just to shut me up. Call me Karen :)

Never really felt safe at Stalybridge either, despite (or maybe because of) the massive police presence every time we played there.

If you are scared to go to Stalybridge............ do you hind behind the sofa when Tom and Jerry are on't box? 

:P

maybe we can get that ball rolling again. Barrow are still running virtual halftime raffles for the games that were never played. Maybe we could do that for the 3 home games that got canned in the run up to the BHW game and then do one the actual playoff match?

23 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

maybe we can get that ball rolling again. Barrow are still running virtual halftime raffles for the games that were never played. Maybe we could do that for the 3 home games that got canned in the run up to the BHW game and then do one the actual playoff match?

Well spotted.

I would expect that all options are on the table to help raise funds in these difficult times.

It is useful to hear of these initiatives at other clubs which we could use for our club's benefit.

1 minute ago, rdj said:

Well spotted.

I would expect that all options are on the table to help raise funds in these difficult times.

It is useful to hear of these initiatives at other clubs which we could use for our club's benefit.

I will keep looking.....

• Thanks 1

Probably just as well that we play Boreham Wood behind closed doors. Latest figures show that Boreham Wood has the worst infection rate in the UK for Corona virus 19 as Calderdale is the least likely to suffer in West Yorkshire.

On a personal note, having watched some of the televised games, I do not think we should be playing any contact sport yet, it is far too early to prevent a second spike. Players are ignoring guidance, hugging & spitting at regular intervals. They just cannot stop themselves. If we cannot get back to some form of normality family wise we should not be risking increasing the contact. It will be a long time before I join in the clamour to get back to the pub or attend live events.

Rant over :(

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Probably just as well that we play Boreham Wood behind closed doors. Latest figures show that Boreham Wood has the worst infection rate in the UK for Corona virus 19 as Calderdale is the least likely to suffer in West Yorkshire.

On a personal note, having watched some of the televised games, I do not think we should be playing any contact sport yet, it is far too early to prevent a second spike. Players are ignoring guidance, hugging & spitting at regular intervals. They just cannot stop themselves. If we cannot get back to some form of normality family wise we should not be risking increasing the contact. It will be a long time before I join in the clamour to get back to the pub or attend live events.

Rant over :(

Gooberment backtracking on the inappropriately triumphant tone of this:63FD9621-0099-4D7F-81E6-47C3CA2FDCEB.thumb.jpeg.781db98a9dedb5a2341dc4f95a518944.jpeg

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Its about right from our Government, piss up & brewery spring to mind. :doh:

Pretty much the world over Macam  at the moment.

All I can say is - testing, testing, testing...

Although it is not a truly representative sample, how many people who look at this forum have had an actual test, of any kind, for CV-19? If we are supposed to be testing approx. 200k per day then it is probable someone has.

Very true Steve, shame we cannot appoint anyone in Government that has the value of principles & not self aggrandisement. Mrs Ardern in NZ comes as near as I can think at present.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

All I can say is - testing, testing, testing...

Although it is not a truly representative sample, how many people who look at this forum have had an actual test, of any kind, for CV-19? If we are supposed to be testing approx. 200k per day then it is probable someone has.

ITMAN it will take 235,000 days to test everyone in the country.

1 minute ago, Macam blue said:

Very true Steve, shame we cannot appoint anyone in Government that has the value of principles & not self aggrandisement. Mrs Ardern in NZ comes as near as I can think at present.

100% yes and bleeding well educated and given experience in gov circles by us. Worked for Blair and went up in my estimations when she said she did not trust or like him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

ITMAN it will take 235,000 days to test everyone in the country.

Steve, if the population is 65 million and you can test 200,000 per day then it would only take 325 days. Admittedly, that is a very long time, but the sooner we get our skates on the better.

Edited by ITMAN

45 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Steve, if the population is 65 million and you can test 200,000 per day then it would only take 325 days. Admittedly, that is a very long time, but the sooner we get our skates on the better.

Ha divided by 200 haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa senior moment.

• Like 1