BorehamWood Virtual Tickets NOW ON SALE.

2 hours ago, Hxmitch said:

Seem to remember 2/3 weeks ago Supporters club saying they were handing over £10000.00 to club or was I dreaming?

It might have been the mystical numbers from SoS Halifax we turned down, which in the end came to a lot less than was touted at first.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

{EDIT 19TH JUNE} The club have listened, and now you can buy your virtual tickets via the club shop at the following link - https://www.fchtshop.com/virtual-match-ticket-donation---bwfc-vs-f

Maybe, maybe not...but either way all ST income should be ring fenced for next season.

Got my virtual tickets and my t-shirts. I wanted to get in quick Borham Wood’s ground is quite small and I think these’ll sell out pretty quick  I’ll promote this on the SDS FB page too, great idea

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, from what I have found on the interweb, that raised around £12,000 split between the Rugby club and Junior football

Maybe just maybe the club had always planned to do it’s own fundraising e.g Project Playoffs and were waiting the go ahead to seeing the season would continue. And they refused on then basis that they didn’t want to people to be having/wanting to fork out twice. 

In hindsight it’s probably been the right decision as local football has got some money out of it and the club is probably on course to make up 6 or 7 times the amount they would have received from the SOS appeal.

• Like 2

£19 000 raised by the fans so far. A fantastic effort in such a short space of time and taking into consideration everything that's going on in peoples lives. 

After reading the article in the Courier and taking into consideration it's only  June, I have no doubts that the fans could, if needed raise £100k before the season starts.

I know it's been broken down into £20k per play off game but if the players are successful and reach the final then why not keep these initiatives going during pre season?

Let's hope the lads can do it and lets pull off a shock. 

UTS. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Now 164 brilliant 

I asked the question on Twitter, but is the virtual ticket income included in the overall Project Playoff total or is this on top of what supporters have donated?

10 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Don’t really know but payment via FCHT SHOP assume included in running total of £20400.

perhaps Flea can confirm

As faf as I'm aware it's all the different initiatives combined.

Absolutely top effort by everyone. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

I can see on the BHW website that they have started a "Fill the East Stand" project for the BHW fans to get a cardboard cut out for £25.

Should we contact BHW to see if they would share the idea with us so we could have Halifax fans cutouts in the Away end? Maybe if we contact the firm doing the cut outs they could set up an account for us? Happy to contact them directly or should it go through "official" channels - either the club or the Supports Club?

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/fill-the-east-stand/

Also they mention that club banners and flags can be sent for displaying during the match. Is that something Halifax fans would want to do? No point making it look like there is only one team involved. You never know maybe we could outnumber the home supporters:)

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I can see on the BHW website that they have started a "Fill the East Stand" project for the BHW fans to get a cardboard cut out for £25.

Should we contact BHW to see if they would share the idea with us so we could have Halifax fans cutouts in the Away end? Maybe if we contact the firm doing the cut outs they could set up an account for us? Happy to contact them directly or should it go through "official" channels - either the club or the Supports Club?

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/fill-the-east-stand/

Also they mention that club banners and flags can be sent for displaying during the match. Is that something Halifax fans would want to do? No point making it look like there is only one team involved. You never know maybe we could outnumber the home supporters:)

It wouldn't surprise me of one or two fans travelled down and watched the game near the ground. 

10 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It wouldn't surprise me of one or two fans travelled down and watched the game near the ground. 

Thought this was a nice touch from the High Wycombe fans, if we go for the cardboard cutouts:

Meanwhile, Chairboys fans are crowdfunding to give 'one last game' to supporters who have sadly passed away in recent times, arranging cutouts of them to be placed in the stands. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Thought this was a nice touch from the High Wycombe fans, if we go for the cardboard cutouts:

Meanwhile, Chairboys fans are crowdfunding to give 'one last game' to supporters who have sadly passed away in recent times, arranging cutouts of them to be placed in the stands. 

A nice touch that.

Just checked and BHW allocate upto 600 seats for away fans in the West Stand on a normal game. Depending on what the profit margin would be for the club it could potentially raise another few pounds towards the Project Playoff coffers. Maybe it could be combined with a virtual ticket?

51 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Love the positive ideas you come up with.

However on this occasion I prefer to direct any funds to the Shaymen rather than splitting them with Boreham Wood and an advertising agency.

Mitch the idea was to have a separate agreement with the faceinthecrowd company, with BHW just being asked if we could do this, so any profits from the venture would go direct to the club and not split with BHW. I see no reason to them not agreeing as we know that the costs of staging the game are to be shared, so therefore each club should be offered the same opportunities to raise funds to do so.

As with other ideas they are just thrown out there to see if there is any mileage. For those who might want to go with the idea of having a cutout for friends or family who may have passed away this season they could still do this through the BHW website but no income for Town.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Mitch the idea was to have a separate agreement with the faceinthecrowd company, with BHW just being asked if we could do this, so any profits from the venture would go direct to the club and not split with BHW. I see no reason to them not agreeing as we know that the costs of staging the game are to be shared, so therefore each club should be offered the same opportunities to raise funds to do so.

As with other ideas they are just thrown out there to see if there is any mileage. For those who might want to go with the idea of having a cutout for friends or family who may have passed away this season they could still do this through the BHW website but no income for Town.

Your problem there ITMAN is BHW are noted for not agreeing to anything that does not directly benefit them, They even charge our media team to get in. So it's a no from me.

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Your problem there ITMAN is BHW are noted for not agreeing to anything that does not directly benefit them, They even charge our media team to get in. So it's a no from me.

Correct Steve have witnessed that first hand with the Courier reporter also being charged to get in. They even wanted a fee off our club for us to video the game and it's not a very welcoming place think @Flea had an issue at the turnstile due to possessing an offensive bottle of water.

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, chadders said:

Correct Steve have witnessed that first hand with the Courier reporter also being charged to get in. They even wanted a fee off our club for us to video the game and it's not a very welcoming place think @Flea had an issue at the turnstile due to possessing an offensive bottle of water.

I had detected a note of resentment towards BHW on various threads, but was not aware that the club were just generally arseholes.....

55 minutes ago, chadders said:

Haha, yes, tinpottory at its finest. 

I was drinking a bottle of water as I walked up to the away entrance, only for some steward to come running towards me telling me I couldn't take the bottle in the ground. When I asked why I was told it was because there had been a spate of acid attacks in the area and thus they were not allowing anyone to bring liquids into the ground. He said this to me, having just witnessed me open the bottle and take a good swig from it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1