Flea

BorehamWood Virtual Tickets NOW ON SALE.

Just been on the website to book my virtual ticket and it tells me that there is £3.33 VAT being applied. When I made my Project Playoff donation that said no VAT was applied.

Is this correct, or is it just an error on the website. Last thing I want to do is hand over £3.33 to HMRC for what is really a donation.

12 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Just been on the website to book my virtual ticket and it tells me that there is £3.33 VAT being applied. When I made my Project Playoff donation that said no VAT was applied.

Is this correct, or is it just an error on the website. Last thing I want to do is hand over £3.33 to HMRC for what is really a donation.

Oh! I didn't see that Itman or I'm the same as you although to late now. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Oh! I didn't see that Itman or I'm the same as you although to late now. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Tommy, it does say it is a donation and that no "ticket" will actually change hands, so I expect it is just a slip of the hand when setting up the item in the shop

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Tommy, it does say it is a donation and that no "ticket" will actually change hands, so I expect it is just a slip of the hand when setting up the item in the shop

I've just gone right through the Project Playoff page and the Shop and I cant see any reference to VAT? So hope it was an error. I mean, at the end of the day it is a donation so should be tax free.

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I've just gone right through the Project Playoff page and the Shop and I cant see any reference to VAT? So hope it was an error. I mean, at the end of the day it is a donation so should be tax free.

Just re-checked in case I am cracking up but here is what it says:

image.png.bde15703c60545a583566fb87fa1b1f7.png

9 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Just re-checked in case I am cracking up but here is what it says:

image.png.bde15703c60545a583566fb87fa1b1f7.png

Bugger!! I bloody missed that. Wish you hadn't pointed it out now Itman, really peed off now. To late though.

15 minutes ago, Flea said:

To clarify @ITMAN @TommyH72 

The club have just confirmed to me that there is no Vat being taken on these donations - it has now been amended to show this. It was just a set up error, so all monies donated are going to the club :) 

Flea, that's as was expected but before I pressed the plunger just wanted to be sure....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hxmitch said:

Well done for spotting and to the club confirming admin error and no VAT payable 

The club have been very reactive and good on this tbf. Can't fault them at all. Hopefully people will donate and it will help them out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

Well done for spotting and to the club confirming admin error and no VAT payable 

Just doing my ticket now and here is the screenshot to let everyone know all of their donations are 100% going to the club.

image.png.0338fdd972b90a2a41a55b4f616fb2cf.png

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 4

Count me in & as a bonus, paid for full adult not for an oldie like me. Would not be going but would love to see us progress.

As an aside, when paying it shows the ref no & would assume that the final 3 digits are those that have contributed to date, if so I am no 74 :)

5 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

As an aside, when paying it shows the ref no & would assume that the final 3 digits are those that have contributed to date, if so I am no 74 :)

I'm not sure if thats what the last numbers are. I bought mine about 15 mins after it went "live" and Im 51. 

It would be good if we were able to sell a few hundred of these though. 

19 minutes ago, Flea said:

I'm not sure if thats what the last numbers are. I bought mine about 15 mins after it went "live" and Im 51. 

74 in last 5 hours sounds about right, considering most of you are tight fisted Yorkshire folk :blink:

Flea. I don't do social media (other than on here) can you bump it up, on other sites were you feel it would have an impact?

Great idea. Hope my donation goes some way to helping the club. Would be absolutely amazing if we could do this. What a story from such unbelievable set of circumstances at the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

74 in last 5 hours sounds about right, considering most of you are tight fisted Yorkshire folk :blink:

Flea. I don't do social media (other than on here) can you bump it up, on other sites were you feel it would have an impact?

Thats my plan. 

I'm going to put it up on FB in a day or two (Its already on there, but I'm going to publicise it then), and then in a few days do my own Twitter / Insta etc... The idea is to do each every few days or so to try get some momentum or get it seen by different people over the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Thats my plan. 

I'm going to put it up on FB in a day or two (Its already on there, but I'm going to publicise it then), and then in a few days do my own Twitter / Insta etc... The idea is to do each every few days or so to try get some momentum or get it seen by different people over the weekend. 

Excellent young man :) I thought you would have it covered.

Has anyone suggested that social media only reaches most younger supporters, in fact I would assume nearly half of those my age don't even visit any site or even use a computer (40% of over 65s)

How do we reach them other than the courier?

44 minutes ago, Flea said:

Never thought you was that age Flea.:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Never thought you was that age Flea.:lol:

Give Chadders his joke book back!