Flea

BorehamWood Virtual Tickets NOW ON SALE.

4 hours ago, Flea said:

So, obviously, we can't go due to the lockdown and the problems, so the next question is, what can we do then to support the club?

The club recently requested as fans we raise £20K to help supplement the cost of the Playoffs and a quick looking at figures got me thinking that by a simple gesture, us fans who would have gone to that game could easily put a huge dint into that 20K request.

So, with this in mind, why don't we try to do the "In There In Spirit" donations. We lobby the club to let us buy a Playoff Ticket for the Borehamwood Game - its a virtual ticket that obviously we can't use, but its a symbolic gesture we make.

Tickets go on sale for £20 Adults, £15 Concessions (Just like they would have on the day) and by going to the fchtshop, or via paying the Supporters Club, we get to purchase a ticket for this game.  

If you would have gone to the game anyway, the chances are you would easily have paid more than the entrance price once you factor in food/drink/travel etc...

We took 1000 fans to Brackley for the Playoff Final. If just half of those fans showed an interest in this, so 500, and paid for an adult ticket we would hit £10K, or half of the requested fund raising just off this alone. 

If the club were to be open to this "Spirit Ticket", would you agree to buy one?

If we sold season tickets at £199 we probably would have sold about 60 k worth instead of 30 k worth we have done 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

If we sold season tickets at £199 we probably would have sold about 60 k worth instead of 30 k worth we have done 

Is a very good point IMHO

6 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Is a very good point IMHO

At £199 and you miss first 5 games you don’t feel as ripped off as £299 I have quite few friends who had season tickets this season they won’t be buying them next season nor will they be going for the odd game so we will lose plenty money.I have a few friends who support Huddersfield and they cannot believe that we have put prices up and are dearer than there’s.

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Maybe, maybe not...but either way all ST income should be ring fenced for next season.

The season ticket sales are probably the club's contribution to 'Project Playoff'! :lol:

Edited by Hands Off The Shay
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

The season ticket sales are probably the club's contribution to 'Project Playoff'! :lol:

Let's hope not. As mentioned earlier and in other posts, the income from ST's is supposed to finance the budget for the next season.

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Virtual Tickets are now available to buy via the club shop :D

https://www.fchtshop.com/virtual-match-ticket-donation---bwfc-vs-fcht-1701-p.asp

Well done Flea simple idea that will have a lot of appeal.

in addition to everything else that’s going on let’s keep this top of the pile. Bee good to have an attendance figure for each of the three matches we’re going to play

• Like 1

Well done Flea. I’ve made my donation already as a ‘what would I spent’ basis but a cracking idea.

• Like 2

Well I've just paid for my ticket.

Hopefully its the first of 3 I end up buying. 

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Well I've just paid for my ticket.

Hopefully its the first of 3 I end up buying. 

Well done on a great initiative 

• Like 1

Great idea. I wasn't particularly bothered about the gifts and i probably would have gone to Boreham Wood had fans been allowed in so works perfectly for me

Great Idea Flea. Ticket bought so I'm "Virtually" on my way. Disappointing that they've taken real money though and not Virtual money?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

does anyone know if the club will keep us updated on how much we have raised? just thinking if we have a page we can go on and look it kind of gives you an incentive to donate more?

Edited by Sparrow
Wrong post