Flea

BorehamWood Virtual Tickets NOW ON SALE.

In effect a variation on the T shirt offer at £25 which you could do for each game or as many as you like.

Being tight I am just doing it per game!

Would be easy for the club to promote with no messing about.

I suspect though the club want the money up front rather than per game although you can obviously buy as many tickets as you want.

Just now, Hands Off The Shay said:

I suspect though the club want the money up front rather than per game although you can obviously buy as many tickets as you want.

Indeed, but I see no reason to dismiss this idea, as sales be they now, after the first game, or after the second one (should we get that far) are still extra revenue for the club. 

It would be brilliant if we sold so many "spirit tickets" that the club announce we have sold a figure before the game which is often bigger than what BW get for home games :D 

• Like 4

Which is the best way to purchase these, in order to avoid the dreaded VAT? Is it via the supporters club, as the sale of a "ticket" may trigger some form of VAT payment.

I am all up for the idea and would buy 2 "spirit" tickets. Possibly more for the Harrogate game as I only have to go a few virtual miles to watch that one and could drag along at least 1 other.

Edited by ITMAN

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Which is the best way to purchase these, in order to avoid the dreaded VAT? Is it via the supporters club, as the sale of a "ticket" may trigger some form of VAT payment.

I am all up for the idea and would buy 2 "spirit" tickets. Possibly more for the Harrogate game as I only have to go a few virtual miles to watch that one and could drag along at least 1 other.

First aim - get the club to agree. We take it from there. 

Forgot to add, if it is done via the club then an unethical opponent could claim that the sale of these virtual tickets constitutes part of the gate receipts, so would have to be shared 50/50.:o

Just call it there in spirit and drop the ticket part. This avoiding any tax. 

Money given is done as a donation. Bubba has listed the different options that avoid tax. Just make sure the scheme adheres to one of them. Simples. 

36 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Forgot to add, if it is done via the club then an unethical opponent could claim that the sale of these virtual tickets constitutes part of the gate receipts, so would have to be shared 50/50.:o

Well they do not get more unethical than Boreham Wood.

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Just call it there in spirit and drop the ticket part. This avoiding any tax. 

Money given is done as a donation. Bubba has listed the different options that avoid tax. Just make sure the scheme adheres to one of them. Simples. 

Erik, that's the point, if we do it via the Supporters Club, we can call it what we want, no VAT whatsoever...if the club does it then can it be construed as gate receipts or matchday income, thus either liable for VAT or liable for sharing with an unscrupulous opponent? I may be barking up the wrong tree but I like to avoid situations where we reduce the benefit to the club - possibly.

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Erik, that's the point, if we do it via the Supporters Club, we can call it what we want, no VAT whatsoever...if the club does it then can it be construed as gate receipts or matchday income, thus either liable for VAT or liable for sharing with an unscrupulous opponent? I may be barking up the wrong tree but I like to avoid situations where we reduce the benefit to the club - possibly.

There shouldn't be any tax paid and oir opponenents can't claim a thing because it's not actual gate receipts. 

Yes deal me in. By way of encouragement why not number the tickets and hold a virtual draw with some sort of prize?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flea said:

First aim - get the club to agree. We take it from there. 

Great Idea. Club could knock up a replica ticket to get to signify the “there in spirit” for pennies. Definitely something I’d get

Cracking idea Flea!

• Like 2

how much would tickets be for final?same price?

2 minutes ago, Nononsense said:

As soon as possible x4 tickets

Great idea, onwards to Wembleeeeeeeeeeeee