Jump to content
Sparrow

let's be positive

Recommended Posts

right guys we are in playoffs so let's all be positive..we have done fantastic to get where we are so pete wild and the lads need a big pat on back..let's get behind the team as much as we can..I know it's hard times for everyone at mo but let's try get some more cash raised..theres alot of other teams out there raising alot more than us so let's all do what we can for the team we all love..we might not get this opportunity again for a while and if I doesnt work then at least we can all say we tried our best...coming on shaymen

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

yes pal from what we started with pre season to what we have achieved is truly awesome

That's what we have to remember. If anything we are going into the playoffs as the underdogs, and usually the public like to get behind them. We are up against the big boys in terms of ex-EFL clubs with parachute money, clubs like Harrogate with an owner who is prepared to splash the cash, BHW who's owner thinks it will be a walk in the park and is already booking hotels in Harrogate. Bring it on we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ITMAN said:

That's what we have to remember. If anything we are going into the playoffs as the underdogs, and usually the public like to get behind them. We are up against the big boys in terms of ex-EFL clubs with parachute money, clubs like Harrogate with an owner who is prepared to splash the cash, BHW who's owner thinks it will be a walk in the park and is already booking hotels in Harrogate. Bring it on we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

spot on pal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going win 2-1 against boreham...win 1-0 against harrogate and a thrilling 3-2 win in final after extra time and after been 2-0 down

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

That's what we have to remember. If anything we are going into the playoffs as the underdogs, and usually the public like to get behind them. We are up against the big boys in terms of ex-EFL clubs with parachute money, clubs like Harrogate with an owner who is prepared to splash the cash, BHW who's owner thinks it will be a walk in the park and is already booking hotels in Harrogate. Bring it on we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Are they allowed to stay overnight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrich said:

Are they allowed to stay overnight?

Andrich, it was tongue in cheek, but you never know with the way the govt flip flop over anything. Maybe if Marcus Rashford suggests it to Boris then it might happen....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Andrich, it was tongue in cheek, but you never know with the way the govt flip flop over anything. Maybe if Marcus Rashford suggests it to Boris then it might happen....

However, in the article about fundraising for Town, accommodation costs are mentioned, so maybe....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, andrich said:

However, in the article about fundraising for Town, accommodation costs are mentioned, so maybe....

20 man tent?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

20 man tent?

More like one man pop up tents like they use at pop festivals, can then be destroyed or donated afterwards....cheap as chips

I could just see the vision now of a huge army like camp on the Stray in Harrogate as the mighty Shaymen get ready to go into battle with Harrogate Town....can PW ride a horse?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ITMAN said:

More like one man pop up tents like they use at pop festivals, can then be destroyed or donated afterwards....cheap as chips

I could just see the vision now of a huge army like camp on the Stray in Harrogate as the mighty Shaymen get ready to go into battle with Harrogate Town....can PW ride a horse?

It would be like Glastonbury with town fans dressed in full kit saying that they are part of the squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be in it to win it and why can't we? We were pi$$ poor against Ebbsfleet, infact atrocious. 

It's a fresh start though and I believe in Pete and he's no dafty, he will have used this time thinking things through. It's a very tough ask but you just never know. Atleast we have a chance.

Sho-Silva to hit form the way Peniket did against Salford to totally redeem a patchy season. Football works in funny ways. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Got to be in it to win it and why can't we? We were pi$$ poor against Ebbsfleet, infact atrocious. 

It's a fresh start though and I believe in Pete and he's no dafty, he will have used this time thinking things through. It's a very tough ask but you just never know. Atleast we have a chance.

Sho-Silva to hit form the way Peniket did against Salford to totally redeem a patchy season. Football works in funny ways. 

Who are ya! :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Got to be in it to win it and why can't we? We were pi$$ poor against Ebbsfleet, infact atrocious. 

It's a fresh start though and I believe in Pete and he's no dafty, he will have used this time thinking things through. It's a very tough ask but you just never know. Atleast we have a chance.

Sho-Silva to hit form the way Peniket did against Salford to totally redeem a patchy season. Football works in funny ways. 

Welcome back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

There's actual football and lots of goings on within the club to be discussed. The main reason the forum was created and is in existence.

It beats disease, politics, statues, ballot boxes and all that depreasing things in life,  even if we are town fans! 

Positive thread only!! 

Well said and welcome back. I hope you enjoyed walking out and about on the tops, Ogden Moor can be quite beautiful at this time of year and with the weather we were having.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Well said and welcome back. I hope you enjoyed walking out and about on the tops, Ogden Moor can be quite beautiful at this time of year and with the weather we were having.

Not today it can't!! 

Love it on the tops and we've had a good spring/summer so far. This rain gives me an excuse to go see if the sailing lake or ogden have filled up. There's no better place than this town for urban/countryside. It's all beautiful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Well said and welcome back. I hope you enjoyed walking out and about on the tops, Ogden Moor can be quite beautiful at this time of year and with the weather we were having.

Are you suggesting he's only back because it's raining :lol: and not to restart the World Cup :o and of course make a generous donation toward the promotion push :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

We just need Trev and DJ Funky back now and things will be getting back to normal

I'm sure Trev will be back soon. We haven't spoken but he'll come back when it's important.  He's a good bloke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ITMAN said:

We just need Trev and DJ Funky back now and things will be getting back to normal

DJ still awaiting op but he´s OK. He will be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...