Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

Marcus Rashford

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Very well done Marcus, probably the best result of your young career. Kids wont go hungry now.

A fantastic quote from Marcus on hearing the news:- " Just look what we can do when we come together". So proud of him, even though he plays for Man U.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“To those waiting with bated breath for that favorite media catchphrase, the U-turn, I have only this to say, ‘You turn if you want; the lady’s not for turning.”

Er, I mean, Boris will be along in a minute with his U-turn. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit more money on the country's credit card.

On balance it's probably the correct move but eventually the taps have got to be turned off, were all going to be paying for this probably for the rest of our lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Bit more money on the country's credit card.

On balance it's probably the correct move but eventually the taps have got to be turned off, were all going to be paying for this probably for the rest of our lives.

Agree that it cant go on forever, but it makes so much sense for the free school meal scheme to be extended through the summer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing that the football club I probably despised the most growing up, has produced the two people who've probably come out of this summer and this crisis with the most credit- Gary Neville and Marcus Rashford.

Other than Giggs banging his brothers' missus, they must teach them something right in their academies in terms of morals etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Amazing that the football club I probably despised the most growing up, has produced the two people who've probably come out of this summer and this crisis with the most credit- Gary Neville and Marcus Rashford.

Other than Giggs banging his brothers' missus, they must teach them something right in their academies in terms of morals etc.

They did have a good teacher in that period, our very own Eric Harrison.:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, mj85 said:

I'd personally rather pay 22% tax than 20% tax if it meant kids didn't live in poverty. Guess it depends whether others or you and you only matter. (Not meant to be having a go by the way)

I'm already paying more than 20% in tax so if I have the choice I'd prefer not to pay more.

I expect people will read that as me being selfish and individualistic but I prefer to see it that I am focused on providing for myself and my family.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norm said:

I'm already paying more than 20% in tax so if I have the choice I'd prefer not to pay more.

I expect people will read that as me being selfish and individualistic but I prefer to see it that I am focused on providing for myself and my family.

 

I would dispute that having seen your other posts! You come across as an 'I'm alright jack' tory type!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I would dispute that having seen your other posts! You come across as an 'I'm alright jack' tory type!

As I said different people will read it how they want. As long as I can look myself in the mirror of a morning and know that I have provided for my family then I am happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mj85 said:

I'd personally rather pay 22% tax than 20% tax if it meant kids didn't live in poverty.

It's a generous thought, but let's be honest, the government would only find new and uninteresting ways in which to waste that extra 2%. As a country we already spend £800bn per year, and since 2010 it's increased by way more than inflation - something like an extra £200bn. So the money's there, it's just government choosing to spend it on different things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Government and local authority procurement is shocking.

Calderdale Council is spending something like £160k installing some electric car chargers for their staff. Out of interest I delved further into it and found a breakdown of this cost (from Council meeting minutes) and they are paying probably twice more than they should on the car chargers supply and installation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm said:

As I said different people will read it how they want. As long as I can look myself in the mirror of a morning and know that I have provided for my family then I am happy with that.

Exactly! I'm alright jack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Government and local authority procurement is shocking.

Calderdale Council is spending something like £160k installing some electric car chargers for their staff. Out of interest I delved further into it and found a breakdown of this cost (from Council meeting minutes) and they are paying probably twice more than they should on the car chargers supply and installation.

I'm shocked!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Exactly! I'm alright jack!

Pathetic.

You obviously believe in a communist utopia of the party controlling every aspect of your life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm said:

Pathetic.

You obviously believe in a communist utopia of the party controlling every aspect of your life. 

No, I'm just not a self centred person, I beleive those that can afford it should help those less fortunate!

See, I'm not a tory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

No, I'm just not a self centred person, I beleive those that can afford it should help those less fortunate!

See, I'm not a tory.

You are one four lettered word I can think of :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

No, I'm just not a self centred person, I beleive those that can afford it should help those less fortunate!

See, I'm not a tory.

I assume you never take holidays, have a nice car, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Norm said:

Bit more money on the country's credit card.

On balance it's probably the correct move but eventually the taps have got to be turned off, were all going to be paying for this probably for the rest of our lives.

If you make sure kids have a decent meal it'll help them to stay healthy and it may help to lower the amount of people who suffer from diabetes and morbid obesity. If it does then it'll save money in the long run. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen Rashford (And Man City) has also put the vile Katie Hopkins in her place tonight on twitter too. He's firing on all cylinders at the moment :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bubba said:

I assume you never take holidays, have a nice car, etc?

You assume wrong, I take at least 8 weeks holiday a year, have a nice little car aswell!

But what has that got to do with my comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...