36 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Yep. And 3 consecutive away games. Anyone know when the last time we did that at this level was? 

Could the final not potentially be at The Shay?

6th v 7th? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mj85 said:

6th v 7th? 

good point! Didnt realise League 2 play offs started tonight and they are 2 legged, seems bizarre, why not winner takes it all ? usually makes it a better game and decreases the risk and cost

5 minutes ago, mj85 said:

6th v 7th? 

Aren't they wanting it played somewhere neutral though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ash said:

So who’s donated?

I’ve just been told £10 has gone out of our bank account on some FCHT branded popcorn and Pringles!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

good point! Didnt realise League 2 play offs started tonight and they are 2 legged, seems bizarre, why not winner takes it all ? usually makes it a better game and decreases the risk and cost

They decided to play the play offs as they would have been in an ordinary season. The Football League hasn't yet adopted the 6 team play off system as in the National League. 

12 hours ago, greygoose said:

Winning promotion to the FL will be great.

Behind closed doors? I beg to differ 

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

So because it’s behind closed doors you’re not arsed if we go up? :doh:

5 minutes ago, Shay said:

Better than not going up at all. I'd take behind closed doors promotions all the way to the Premier League, no questions asked!

• Like 4

It’s genuinely a dream for town to be back in the football League. 

The atmosphere and crowds would be great. Especially against the likes of Bolton and Bradford. 

Come on wild and the boys!!! 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

So because it’s behind closed doors you’re not arsed if we go up? :doh:

‘We’ are not involved though are we. All football is completely irrelevant without fans 

56 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’s genuinely a dream for town to be back in the football League. 

The atmosphere and crowds would be great. Especially against the likes of Bolton and Bradford. 

Come on wild and the boys!!! 

Who’s to say we will be allowed back? Maybe watching football in a sterile environment will be the new norm 

4 hours ago, Shay said:

‘We’ are not involved though are we. All football is completely irrelevant without fans 

Temporarily, and also, you can be involved by donating brass. You might not be at the game but you'll have contributed. 

6 hours ago, Shay said:

Totally agree. I’ll be honest I can’t believe how indifferent I feel towards the whole thing. Yes part of me would love to see the shaymen playing league football again and yet another feeling I have is that I just want to go and watch some football again and don’t really care what division it’s in.

37 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Totally agree. I’ll be honest I can’t believe how indifferent I feel towards the whole thing. Yes part of me would love to see the shaymen playing league football again and yet another feeling I have is that I just want to go and watch some football again and don’t really care what division it’s in.

Neil, I can see where you are coming from, in that irrespective of what happens in the playoffs we all just want to get back to normal as soon as possible. However, in terms of the current situation I personally feel that I am fed up with bad news stories, depressing political cockups and a general feeling of doom and gloom, so having something come along such as the chance to participate in the playoffs, even if it is behind closed doors, allows us to get back to discussing football related subjects and having some hope put in front of us for a change. So, for those reasons alone I will embrace the situation and do what I can to help the dream become a reality if at all possible, after all there is bugger all else to spend my money on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neilstewart said:

Same. Never thought I wouldn’t care about us being in the playoffs but as we can’t be there I’m with you. I just want to be involved. And by donating money doesn’t make me feel involved. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

What’s also bizarre is the fact that they managed to play their playoffs on 18 June yet due to the complete incompetence of our league we have to run ours a full month later.

9 hours ago, Shay said:

It’s not irrelevant if we go up though is it!!

If Town can get promoted and all i can do is watch it on TV i will be thrilled to bits and will await the open top bus parade in Town instead to celebrate with fellow supporters once social distancing allows.

Get those Nationwide banners at the ready!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ash said:

If Town can get promoted and all i can do is watch it on TV i will be thrilled to bits and will await the open top bus parade in Town instead to celebrate with fellow supporters once social distancing allows.

Get those Nationwide banners at the ready!

I agree...obviously it's not going to be the same but the clubs trying to involve the fans as much as possible...if we can get a big screen down shay for the fans I'm sure we will all feel abit closer to a actual live game...I'm looking forward to the playoffs regardless 

• Like 1

Exactly this is our best opportunity now to get into the football league. Although Boreham Wood are a very good team and will be favourites to win form goes out the window, no crowds and it’s everyone’s first proper game back. 

It’s all about the preparation and who wants it more and I think that’s what will help us most! 

12 hours ago, mj85 said:

Strictly speaking, you could draw 3, and win all 3 on penalties.

Didn’t Huddersfield win the championship playoffs without scoring a goal? 

Win on penalties or win outright, we're notoriously abysmal with the cameras on us.

23 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

I think it’s unfair for clubs to be signing new players who are then able to compete in the play offs, it gives an advantage to the clubs with more money who could potentially just sign the best free agents going in order to play them in the play offs. It should be the same squad (where possible) that were competing in the regular season.

Obviously these are unprecedented circumstances so that might not always be possible, so maybe any incoming transfers have to be like-for-like and a proposal has to be put forward by the club and approved by the league in order to take part in the play offs. Has anyone seen any actually guidance from the league about who can take part in the play offs in terms of new signings?

chesterfield have shipped in goals so how good will he actually be?