• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge, huge credit to Pete Wild for what he’s achieved this season. Unbelievable effort to make the playoffs.    I’m not even gonna lie, I told all my friends back home to lump on Halifax to get

Not trying to be prickly, but I genuinely think club interaction has been really good this season? Particularly in this enforced break with updates, players calling fans, re-runs of games? O

Just thinking Colwyn Bay would be a good shout, decent vantage point from the fields?

Posted Images

Are they gonna play some crowd noises while they're at it? Not that it makes any difference at Boringwood of course, but I would love it if the good people at ShaymenPlayer could trawl through the best crowd noises and make a little soundboard. They could even throw in some of the legendary cheers and heckles from the late great Megaphone Man!  

1 minute ago, olitheshayman said:

Are they gonna play some crowd noises while they're at it? Not that it makes any difference at Boringwood of course, but I would love it if the good people at ShaymenPlayer could trawl through the best crowd noises and make a little soundboard. They could even throw in some of the legendary cheers and heckles from the late great Megaphone Man!  

be funny to get a sound system truck and park it outside blaring out shaymen chants

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Quickest way to raise money Mr. B do a share issue say 10 pound per share 1000 fans buy 10 shares each =100K, 1000 fans buy 100 shares each =1,000,000. 

I'd certainly rather pay a decent sum for shares than one-off match-day hospitality. If enough of us ask maybe they'll finally come round to the idea, particularly as they have advertised recently for investors.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

1000 of US....?? No chance 

I think pushing 1000 with the right hype and If we were in form leading up to it would of been achievable, then pushing 1500 at Harrogate 

its amazing how many fans come out of the woodwork at times when it comes to our club

15 minutes ago, Grayski said:

I think pushing 1000 with the right hype and If we were in form leading up to it would of been achievable, then pushing 1500 at Harrogate 

its amazing how many fans come out of the woodwork at times when it comes to our club

Yeah not to borehamwood though. It doesn't really matter anyway but imo id have thought 5-600 max but we will never know

I was thinking of doing the mascot thing again for the eldest as we had an amazing day last season (Dagenham) but if there are adverse financial implications I'd rather just hand over the money tbh. Town aren't my club but they are my daughter's. For better or worse (I know, I know, more the latter than the former), she's got them for life and so giving a few quid is worth it. 
I've really, really missed our trips to The Shay. It's about a lot more than just the result. Thankfully.....

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Grayski said:

i would have 1000 at Borehamwood would be over estimate but 1500 at Harrogate under estimate although it might be our allocation

4 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

Hoping to beam the action back to The Shay on a large screen.

Mr B has bought a 42” Bush TV with inbuilt DVD player from Curry’s. 

I presume the ground is no longer a morgue then? 

Thought it would have been rented from rumbelows 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

It's being reported that the NL is meeting tomorrow to discuss testing and safety protocols. The issue of player registrations, ie. whether to allow new transfers or loans, remains to be decided.

They don't like to rush these things, do they? 

4 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

Am I right in saying we have to win three consecutive televised games to be promoted? 

Yep. And 3 consecutive away games. Anyone know when the last time we did that at this level was? 

23 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Yep. And 3 consecutive away games. Anyone know when the last time we did that at this level was? 

Bearing in mind we are usually pants on telly, it’s tempting to ask BT to beam it on Ceefax

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

Am I right in saying we have to win three consecutive televised games to be promoted? 

Strictly speaking, you could draw 3, and win all 3 on penalties.

Didn’t Huddersfield win the championship playoffs without scoring a goal?