57 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

It depends. If the NL are prepared to share out the TV income from televising the play-offs it would help. ( I have seen news that the NL North/South playoffs will not be televised).

Worst case it is a big shop window for the club if we get to the final, as there is unlikely to be any other footy on the tele that day. 

We should get a bit. It's normally something like £6K to the home side and £2K to the away side in a normal fixture but I'm not sure how much BT will give to each side in the final. I'm also unsure as to how much money each team will receive for televised play off games either but we'll get the lower amount in both rounds leading up to the final if we win our first two games. But it all helps. 

Chester have announced they have just reached over £100k in their boost the budget in just Over 3 weeks. To clarify though, this is how Chester fc has done their fundraising 

We are at almost 40 in just under two weeks. 

25B57376-227A-4B21-857F-1B2DB82AB670.png

07508D3E-52BE-4955-8DD1-3BF9EA90C8B1.png

11 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If you organise 1000 people to each pay £100 you get 100k

Chester have raised their 100k through 691 pledges/people I think. Would be interesting to see how many people have contributed to to the 36000 so far.

5 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Chester have raised their 100k through 691 pledges/people I think. Would be interesting to see how many people have contributed to to the 36000 so far.

Averages just shy of £145 per person and pledges aren't real money so they haven't received it all yet and some is on a 12 month payment plan

8 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Averages just shy of £145 per person and pledges aren't real money so they haven't received it all yet and some is on a 12 month payment plan

Makes me think our effort matches or even exceeds that of chesters, in regards to the fact, that like you say that they are probably paying monthly over a fixed term.

Great idea though and something I think we could do here at town along the same lines every season...

• Thanks 1

I think people are being a bit unreasonable here. I imagine the Conference needs to make arrangements with referees and BT, who could themselves be dragging their feet due to existing broadcast commitments, and all clubs will need to speak to local councils and the police, not to mention staff, medical personnel, etc. I don't suppose any of this takes too long in normal times, but all organisations are operating with reduced personnel right now, and most of those involved will have extra responsibilities despite that. Throw in the additional Covid-19 considerations on top.

14 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I think people are being a bit unreasonable here. I imagine the Conference needs to make arrangements with referees and BT, who could themselves be dragging their feet due to existing broadcast commitments, and all clubs will need to speak to local councils and the police, not to mention staff, medical personnel, etc. I don't suppose any of this takes too long in normal times, but all organisations are operating with reduced personnel right now, and most of those involved will have extra responsibilities despite that. Throw in the additional Covid-19 considerations on top.

C'mon Hoddie the organisation has been abysmal from the word go.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

C'mon Hoddie the organisation has been abysmal from the word go.

I don't know much about it, but I bet it has about 4 members of staff, something like that.