2 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Ah that old chesnut. There are no people among our supporters who know how to run a business.

And the club has only ever been run previously by people who weren't businessmen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

And the club has only ever been run previously by people who weren't businessmen.

..Jim Brown was a crackin businessman...

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:14 PM, ITMAN said:

I would be up for that. How many could we get in the East Stand socially distanced at 1m?

Would assume that with the rules being 1m + it would have to be mandatory face masks

1 hour ago, stand changer said:

To be honest I think some people are still bitter about not getting a fan run club however many years ago it was. The current board of directors have done a fantastic job of running the club. Here we are having just progressed from part time to hybrid model, consistent use of good training facilities, in the playoffs for a return to football league,  excellent communication with fans (Wild and Milly answering Q&A's etc), track record of developing players who move on to better things, financially stable (and that has been the case for the longest period of time in my living memory as a Halifax town fan).

AND PEOPLE ARE STILL MOANING!

Laughable sometimes but there you go that Halifax Town fans for you - I for one am very pleased with the current state of affairs.

Current Board of Directors ? Have you researched who our current Board of Directors is ?

1 hour ago, stand changer said:

To be honest I think some people are still bitter about not getting a fan run club however many years ago it was. The current board of directors have done a fantastic job of running the club. Here we are having just progressed from part time to hybrid model, consistent use of good training facilities, in the playoffs for a return to football league,  excellent communication with fans (Wild and Milly answering Q&A's etc), track record of developing players who move on to better things, financially stable (and that has been the case for the longest period of time in my living memory as a Halifax town fan).

Laughable sometimes but there you go that Halifax Town fans for you - I for one am very pleased with the current state of affairs.

Who's moaning? Some people see what they wanna see.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stand changer said:

It's not a case of moaning, and as Janis says the current regime seems to be working quite well. So, it is not revolution we seek but evolution. How do we as supporters try to give more help to the club, without demanding a bigger say, although it would be nice to think we were consulted, hopefully through the Supporters Club and without wanting to take over the running of the club. I personally have enough on my plate doing my day job and I am not looking to swap one career for another.

Everything you have listed are great examples of how the club is progressing and I now want to explore how I can partake in moving things on to the next level. Having done some analysis of the attendance numbers at the Shay and across the NL and EFL2 in general, it is clear that if we stay in the NL next season then there will be a dip in income from a number of reasons, season ticket sales are down, potentially 1 of the better supported clubs may be promoted, the teams being relegated are to be replaced by teams who will bring less fans to the Shay etc etc.

We have seen that there are people out there who passionate about the club, hence why we have raised £19,000 in less than a week, but we have to look beyond the playoffs to next season, whether that is in the NL or EFL2. In order to keep players such as Rodders at the Shay the club needs more income. We can see that they are doing a hell of a lot of work to achieve these aims but sometimes they can only do so much, so now is the time to try and spread the load.

I have thrown out the idea of a 100 or 500 club is there any interest in this and if so at what price bracket would people consider it to be viable, £25 a month with no perks or £50 a month with perks?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

Ah that old chesnut. There are no people among our supporters who know how to run a business.

Yes there are Bubba but why havnt they offered to help before,I myself have had a business for over 40 years with a large staff but wouldnt like to think I had to run town,its hard work running a business with all the ups and downs and I can only thank David for doing such a good job and hopefully ignoring all the moaners,like browny said the directors have dipped into their pockets for the playoff and we are helping too which is great,like you Bubba we are town fans and always will be

• Like 3

At the time of writing this this topic... You know the one... Its called 'Project Playoffs' is actually at no. 15 in order of topics!!! 

Whats it come to when we would rather talk ***** about Burnley, Brexit and all the other crap than talk about the upcoming game? Prize airheads!!! 

Edited by shaymen_x

Interesting snippet from the BHW website today:

We only have about three weeks to do this, so we need to make a start now. The date of the match has not been confirmed by the National League yet, but we can assume that it will be around the third week in July at this moment in time, with Tuesday 21st July provisionally set aside.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the quarter and semi are held at the highest ranked teams ground and then the final is at St Georges Park? 

Correct, but my comment was taken from the Boreham Wood website, and they will be the home team, so presumably the league will be whispering in their ear as to when the game is likely to take place against us.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Correct, but my comment was taken from the Boreham Wood website, and they will be the home team, so presumably the league will be whispering in their ear as to when the game is likely to take place against us.

Thought the league said KO for the first round had to be no later than 18/07.

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Thought the league said KO for the first round had to be no later than 18/07.

Is anything the NL says set in stone. Maybe they have looked at the TV schedules and find that the 18th is fully booked up already?

19 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Is anything the NL says set in stone. Maybe they have looked at the TV schedules and find that the 18th is fully booked up already?

I read somewhere between 16 th and 18th of July?

14 minutes ago, scampyharris said:

I’ll provisionally book the 17th and half off then.

Personally, I would book the last 3 weeks of July off, then you will not miss 1 second of all of the riveting games coming up. Maybe you could ask to be temporarily furloughed, as that is now an option. 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:37 PM, Janis said:

Yes there are Bubba but why havnt they offered to help before,I myself have had a business for over 40 years with a large staff but wouldnt like to think I had to run town,its hard work running a business with all the ups and downs and I can only thank David for doing such a good job and hopefully ignoring all the moaners,like browny said the directors have dipped into their pockets for the playoff and we are helping too which is great,like you Bubba we are town fans and always will be

My understanding is lots of people have offered help in the past but DB insists on micro managing everything 

See the club Twitter feed says that the BHW game is unlikely to be the 18th July - anyone know whether it will be earlier or is the BHW info looking more likely?

image.png.9364526fd3bcb6193d77e002e55ab1ce.png

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

See the club Twitter feed says that the BHW game is unlikely to be the 18th July - anyone know whether it will be earlier or is the BHW info looking more likely?

Interesting as well that if the game is midweek it presumably won’t be a 7:45 kick off as no supporters will be in attendance. Although Boreham Wood are part time (from Fylde Chairman’s interview) so an earlier kick off at say 6 may be a disadvantage for them 

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Wild said in his interview that he was expecting 21 or 22 July.