16 hours ago, StVn1987 said:

The argument would be if logistically and safely you can host a game in a stadium to watch on a TV what is the difference to doing the same and hosting the game infront of fans and not behind closed doors. You also have the issue of what do you do if there are 4 fans to the left of you and you need a piss after 20 mins? How do you then get out maintaining the 1 meter distance?

depends how accurate you are with your piss, unless the club offer "Driver Tizer" bottles as you go in? surely this is the same with cinemas which are usually rows of seats

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge, huge credit to Pete Wild for what he’s achieved this season. Unbelievable effort to make the playoffs.    I’m not even gonna lie, I told all my friends back home to lump on Halifax to get

Not trying to be prickly, but I genuinely think club interaction has been really good this season? Particularly in this enforced break with updates, players calling fans, re-runs of games? O

Just thinking Colwyn Bay would be a good shout, decent vantage point from the fields?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Grayski said:

Wonder why they would space the rounds out a week apart, think under a normal season the playoff games are played closer together.

You would of thought the powers that be would want playoffs sorting within about 10 days to get it out of the way 

agree, why not do Sat /Wed/Sat, lets be having it, I'd rather be disappointed quickly rather than cherish a false dream over a longer period!

• Like 2

In relation to other clubs who have done similar donation type setups with regards boosting budgets etc. Chester for example have raised £76,586 After 12 days and after 3 days they hard raised £25000. They also have a direct debit setup available for fans. Is this a idea the club could be willing look into for a continued way to help the club over a longer amount of time at maybe a smaller amount. I Don’t know the legal aspect of this, but I’m sure a lot of fans would be willing to set up a direct debit of £5 or 10 a month To help fund for new players etc?

8F9B4915-6193-486B-AE4F-9AB3D01F8385.png

15 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Chester is owned by the fans though. I'd be much more likely to make an ongoing contribution if the same were true of Halifax Town. As it is, I'm simply not prepared to fund a private company wholly owned by a multi-millionaire. I have made a donation to the current appeal but only because of the current unprecedented situation.

That’s fair enough mate, entirely understandable. Out of curiosity though would you still contribute if we were fan owned, but were led by a group of fans you were vehemently opposed to. Only mentioning this as i Frequent quite a few forums of fans owned clubs and they’re is often discussions of disputes between fans on the leadership of the club?

1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

That’s fair enough mate, entirely understandable. Out of curiosity though would you still contribute if we were fan owned, but were led by a group of fans you were vehemently opposed to. Only mentioning this as i Frequent quite a few forums of fans owned clubs and they’re is often discussions of disputes between fans on the leadership of the club?

Vehemently opposed to? Probably not in all honesty.

I personally would be happy to invest further in the club, even if led by a multi-millionaire (is that on paper though?). There are pros and cons to having an autocratic leadership but eventually we all have to move on to that great football ground in the sky, so what is the Plan B we all ask about, what is the legacy for the club post Mr B?

As with all organisations be they football clubs, cricket clubs, political parties etc you will always have a few who eventually assume the mantel of "running" the club. The critical part is how do you keep a membership happy and give them all equal voting rights. Someone has to have the final say.

So in the interim would we be best served through a form of share holding which provides a vehicle for bringing funds into the club, which could have fringe benefits attached as an incentive, but which does not dilute the investment already made by Mr B. At the same time this would leave the door open to an expansion of the shareholder scheme at a should the primary shareholder want to divest himself of his investment and get an equitable return for his efforts? 

Just a thought.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

MrB isn't going to start offering shares and there is nothing stopping him pissing donations against the wall . Our current generous parting of cash is for short term survival and not long term investment

Think most of us have faith that any monies contributed would be used towards the running of the club and not pissed against the wall as you say.

For once a younger generation of town fans will have supported a club that’s been relatively successful on the field and ran without the begging bowl coming out for last ditch efforts to save the club from extinction.

I personally would make a small regular contribution to the club for a “budget builder” type setup if the club asked us. I respect anybody who disagrees with this.  Just my personal feelings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Think most of us have faith that any monies contributed would be used towards the running of the club and not pissed against the wall as you say.

For once a younger generation of town fans will have supported a club that’s been relatively successful on the field and ran without the begging bowl coming out for last ditch efforts to save the club from extinction.

I personally would make a small regular contribution to the club for a “budget builder” type setup if the club asked us. I respect anybody who disagrees with this.  Just my personal feelings.

Maybe we do this via the Supporters Club then so it can be "donated" as and when it is deemed necessary to do so. This way if there was a change of ownership the money would be kept safe. One idea would be to have something along the lines of a 500 club, where a deal is struck in that the club donate a number of season tickets to the 500 club in return for which, of course none of this agreement is written down on paper,  the Supporters Club agrees to make their best attempts to donate in return an amount equal to or greater than the discounted cost.

For example, a 500 club member makes a monthly payment of £50, which puts £600 in the kitty. In return his membership includes a Season Ticket. The supporters club would then make at least a £400 donation per member to the club and hold in reserve £200. The club would gain by approx. £160 per ST donated (£80k extra). The supporters club would have £100,000 in the bank to help the club as they saw fit. If this was done on a basis of £25 per month then the club would get £300 donation per member, an improvement of £30k on the cash flow as there would be no VAT charged on the supporters club donation, but the supporters club would have no additional funds to play with. 

So, if wanted an alternative way to raise funds which increased the clubs funding and provided the supporters with a way to have a kitty of approx. £100k per year to assist with player recruitment etc, then the 500 x £50 would be a good way forward. Bear in mind that effectively, for each 500 club member they would only really be donating £25 a month as they would be getting a ST worth £299 as part of the subscription.

Again only my ramblings..... 

Edited by ITMAN
sums were wrong
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

I personally would be happy to invest further in the club, even if led by a multi-millionaire (is that on paper though?). There are pros and cons to having an autocratic leadership but eventually we all have to move on to that great football ground in the sky, so what is the Plan B we all ask about, what is the legacy for the club post Mr B?

As with all organisations be they football clubs, cricket clubs, political parties etc you will always have a few who eventually assume the mantel of "running" the club. The critical part is how do you keep a membership happy and give them all equal voting rights. Someone has to have the final say.

So in the interim would we be best served through a form of share holding which provides a vehicle for bringing funds into the club, which could have fringe benefits attached as an incentive, but which does not dilute the investment already made by Mr B. At the same time this would leave the door open to an expansion of the shareholder scheme at a should the primary shareholder want to divest himself of his investment and get an equitable return for his efforts? 

Just a thought.

Most millionaries money is tied up in business and on paper not in the bank they take a wage just like you and me

12 minutes ago, Janis said:

Most millionaries money is tied up in business and on paper not in the bank they take a wage just like you and me

:lol:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

MrB isn't going to start offering shares and there is nothing stopping him pissing donations against the wall . Our current generous parting of cash is for short term survival and not long term investment

Mr B and pissing money against the wall isn’t something you would say together.

one of your poorer posts Mr Bollox

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Janis said:

Some are. 

When you see the Sunday Tines rich list that they do every year, the sums of money that they attach to each person will normally include business valuations and property and stocks and shares. They don't have the amount they are worth sat in the bank. 

But they can still afford to fork out just short of £17 for a COVID 19 mask when needed. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
7 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Think the Chester figures, although impressive are slightly misleading. I have been informed it includes large donations from Michael Owen and Colin Murray. Is it actually money or pledges? 

fake news mate

Edited by joebloggs
7 hours ago, joebloggs said:

fake news mate

Joe, fake news or not it is still a pretty impressive amount and on which we would wish to emulate. The point about Chester being a fan led club seems to be a common denominator when looking at which clubs have been very successful at raising money.

45 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Joe, fake news or not it is still a pretty impressive amount and on which we would wish to emulate. The point about Chester being a fan led club seems to be a common denominator when looking at which clubs have been very successful at raising money.

We would raise far more as a fan run club without a shadow of a doubt.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We would raise far more as a fan run club without a shadow of a doubt.

I dont think we would be good as a fan run club,when the novelty runs out we wouldnt have enough fans left to run it as happened with other things we have tried people get bored and fall out over things ,I would rather we have people that know how to run a business and as happens people can moan about them even though they are doing a good job 

37 minutes ago, Janis said:

I dont think we would be good as a fan run club,when the novelty runs out we wouldnt have enough fans left to run it as happened with other things we have tried people get bored and fall out over things ,I would rather we have people that know how to run a business and as happens people can moan about them even though they are doing a good job 

Ah that old chesnut. There are no people among our supporters who know how to run a business.