3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Speaking of playoffs. Was decided about a week ago now that they would happen..yet there's no solid dates been announced for games. Just an outline. 

They have only had a meeting about it yet, they need a follow up meeting to discuss that meeting and then they will have a meeting to decide when they are having a meeting to discuss it 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Huge, huge credit to Pete Wild for what he’s achieved this season. Unbelievable effort to make the playoffs.    I’m not even gonna lie, I told all my friends back home to lump on Halifax to get

Not trying to be prickly, but I genuinely think club interaction has been really good this season? Particularly in this enforced break with updates, players calling fans, re-runs of games? O

Just thinking Colwyn Bay would be a good shout, decent vantage point from the fields?

Posted Images

Just now, Hands Off The Shay said:

I should imagine BT Sport will have a big say on when they are.

Also need to make sure the home clubs are able to put in place CV measures.

Harrogate are in the process of building a new stand. They won't have long to rip up their plastic pitch if they win the playoffs and get some grass down...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Harrogate are in the process of building a new stand. They won't have long to rip up their plastic pitch if they win the playoffs and get some grass down...

For a team who have had ambitions to get into the league for a while now the fact they dont already have a grass pitch in my view is very unprofessional of them 

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

For a team who have had ambitions to get into the league for a while now the fact they dont already have a grass pitch in my view is very unprofessional of them 

Yes indeed, I was reading the BHW have invested £1.8m in their facilities including a state of the art Desso pitch, the same as used at Huddersfield.

15 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I should imagine BT Sport will have a big say on when they are.

Also need to make sure the home clubs are able to put in place CV measures.

We can watch it in the pub now. 

Let's hope they have the sense to arrange the fixtures when FL or PL games aren't on. 

So that's a no then. 

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Pretty sure the club are looking at ways of getting the game on a big screen at The Shay

I would be up for that. How many could we get in the East Stand socially distanced at 1m?

Edited by ITMAN
9 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Pretty sure the club are looking at ways of getting the game on a big screen at The Shay

Stick a large screen at the front of either the North or South Stand and watch from the East stand. 

3 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

Close off every other row and every other horizontal seat.

Not that many then. Would it be different if we were all in the same bubble? Could a family for example sit next to each other, this would increase the number that could be squeezed in.

7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Not that many then. Would it be different if we were all in the same bubble? Could a family for example sit next to each other, this would increase the number that could be squeezed in.

It's more the logistics of that and managing the same. I think unfortunately the club will see it as 

1. Cost prohibitive

And

2. Impossible to manage 

So

Won't bother unfortunately

• Like 1

The argument would be if logistically and safely you can host a game in a stadium to watch on a TV what is the difference to doing the same and hosting the game infront of fans and not behind closed doors. You also have the issue of what do you do if there are 4 fans to the left of you and you need a piss after 20 mins? How do you then get out maintaining the 1 meter distance?

Could it be hosted in either or both of the club bars. Sell maybe a table each, have 15 tables set up 1m apart and sell tickets at 100 quid a table. Game on the TV bar open? Would imagine that's the only possible way

10 minutes ago, StVn1987 said:

Could it be hosted in either or both of the club bars. Sell maybe a table each, have 15 tables set up 1m apart and sell tickets at 100 quid a table. Game on the TV bar open? Would imagine that's the only possible way

Don't you need table service as part of the deal? 

14 hours ago, StVn1987 said:

It's more the logistics of that and managing the same. I think unfortunately the club will see it as 

1. Cost prohibitive

And

2. Impossible to manage 

So

Won't bother unfortunately

It would need a lot of cardboard stewards and at least one cardboard doctor with sellotape

Edited by Skircoat Shed Archive
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You'd also need 22 cardboard players if they're at The Shay

Don't forget the subs. Will the players be sponsoring their own cut out or could the fans sponsor these as well as themselves? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Wonder why they would space the rounds out a week apart, think under a normal season the playoff games are played closer together.

You would of thought the powers that be would want playoffs sorting within about 10 days to get it out of the way 

• Like 1