4 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Furlough means you cannot work whatsoever. I don't know why people can't understand this. It's nothing to do with making money for your employer and it could be argued that none of the players will make any money for their employer in the remainder of the season, as there are no gate receipts. 

If the players choose to train alone, they are not working, but if they get together as a team and are coached, they are working. It's what they do in their normal job. 

Also the government (taxpayers) are paying people to stay off work till work reopens. There are strict conditions around this. 

I read that there are ways that you can work if you have been furloughed , if you normally work Monday to friday 9-5 then it's possible to work any hours outside your normal hours

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I read that there are ways that you can work if you have been furloughed , if you normally work Monday to friday 9-5 then it's possible to work any hours outside your normal hours

Not a chance otherwise you could work 9-5  normally be furloughed and then get another job working night shift somewhere. I think the government would have something to say about that.

14 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Furlough means you cannot work whatsoever. I don't know why people can't understand this. It's nothing to do with making money for your employer and it could be argued that none of the players will make any money for their employer in the remainder of the season, as there are no gate receipts. 

If the players choose to train alone, they are not working, but if they get together as a team and are coached, they are working. It's what they do in their normal job. 

Also the government (taxpayers) are paying people to stay off work till work reopens. There are strict conditions around this. 

You can work voluntarily and also work for another employer 

• Like 1

Right, so you are saying there are loopholes. If it was as you say the taxpayer would pay 80% of your wages during the day, then you would work during the night... Quids in! 

It's simple in my eyes, three options: paid work, Furlough or unpaid work. 

1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

Right, so you are saying there are loopholes. If it was as you say the taxpayer would pay 80% of your wages during the day, then you would work during the night... Quids in! 

It's simple in my eyes, three options: paid work, Furlough or unpaid work. 

They were actively wanting furloughed workers to apply to pick fruit 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

You can work voluntarily and also work for another employer 

You can't work voluntarily for your employer if that job has been furloughed. 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

???? Yes but that's not training for your club is it? 

1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

???? Yes but that's not training for your club is it? 

The players could train in groups of 5 plus the coach from 2 weeks ago provided they were socially distancing 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

For free not paid iirc 

8 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Yes if your present employers allow you

On 6/19/2020 at 7:02 AM, neilstewart said:

Totally agree. I’ll be honest I can’t believe how indifferent I feel towards the whole thing. Yes part of me would love to see the shaymen playing league football again and yet another feeling I have is that I just want to go and watch some football again and don’t really care what division it’s in.

Other than international tournaments, us and other clubs playing competitive games in June/July is proving hard for me get my head around. As well as all the rest of the weirdness, we have had to deal with in our personal lives. It's my birthday on the 30th, when it should be the height of the cricket season. I enjoy the summer as a break from football, this virus has taken this simple pleasure from me!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Correct

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Rules have changed as of this month I think (or maybe from July). You can work part time for your employer whilst on furlough. Not sure of the finer details but I guess the furlough amount gets replaced for how much you work, eg you work half your normal hours then you'd get 50% of the furlough pay and 50% of your normal wage.

Can see Cam King has put a best highlights video of himself on social media. 

Reckon he is putting himself out there really for other clubs. Wild might not offer him a contract and is probably fed up of having to pick and choose him. 

I would want my best creative players available at all times, not every so often. 

James hardy would be a perfect replacement for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Can see Cam King has put a best highlights video of himself on social media. 

Reckon he is putting himself out there really for other clubs. Wild might not offer him a contract and is probably fed up of having to pick and choose him. 

I would want my best creative players available at all times, not every so often. 

James hardy would be a perfect replacement for him. 

Wild is in a difficult position again. Play offs can really hinder your recruitment and pre season but no manager has experienced this before. 

So do you tell the players their fate or do you wait till after? The answer is it has to be after. So you are going to get some of our squad putting themselves in the window because they could be out of work ina months time. 

If we go up then some of our squad won't be good enough. 

With regards to Cam King je must be fit and raring to go if he's putting himself in the window. Let'd hopr so because he's our best player and we need him playing in every game. 

52 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Correct

It's not correct at all :)

Can I work if I've been furloughed?

At present, furloughed staff can't do any work for their employer. From July, they can be brought back to work on a part-time basis,

In the meantime, they can volunteer in the community or even for their company as long as they aren't creating revenue or providing a service.

Employers can give employees additional training, but must top up furlough payments if they do not reach minimum wage.

If you work for more than one firm, you can receive furlough from any of them, up to £2,500 a month per employer.

You can continue working for any that still need you or for a new employer, provided you are not breaching any existing contracts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

It's not correct at all :)

Can I work if I've been furloughed?

At present, furloughed staff can't do any work for their employer. From July, they can be brought back to work on a part-time basis,

In the meantime, they can volunteer in the community or even for their company as long as they aren't creating revenue or providing a service.

Employers can give employees additional training, but must top up furlough payments if they do not reach minimum wage.

If you work for more than one firm, you can receive furlough from any of them, up to £2,500 a month per employer.

You can continue working for any that still need you or for a new employer, provided you are not breaching any existing contracts.

So in theory, a person could set up a company called FC Halifax Town Training & Research  and then all the players could be employed by them to do training exercises as part of a research project. They could do this on a voluntary basis and still receive the furloughed salary from their primary employer FC Halifax Town? 

Surely just call it a kick about with you mates on your time off.

58 minutes ago, malifax said:

Surely just call it a kick about with you mates on your time off.

Staff motivation session, not training.....

7 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Hoddie why do something so silly as to go find the actual guidance and copy it onto here? I much prefer to take my steer from conjecture and unfounded yet incredibly authoritative statements from posters on here such as “Correct”.

Read shaymanx post then get back into bed grump.

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Read shaymanx post then get back into bed grump.

Steve, what appears to have happened is that in the intervening short number of hours between the 2 posts by Shayman X and Hoddie, the govt have made yet another update to the guidance on what we can and cannot do. Either that or the internet in Belgium is faster than ours in the UK and Hoddie is getting the updates faster than we are.