2 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Read that the final would be played at a national league ground

Notts County in the final away at Chesterfield or Stockport.

9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Notts County in the final away at Chesterfield or Stockport.

Chesterfield as we played well there. Not Stockport as that was horrendous 

• Like 1

Well its worth noting that the only way we would have a home game is if we got to the final and our opponents were Barnet. 

However, my understanding is that The Shay is still not cleared for hosting games and is still in lockdown. 

16 hours ago, Flea said:

If thats the case then it should be the team that is highest left in assuming we are still playing behind closed doors. Doesn't help us, but I think as far as integrity its the fairest way as it then rewards the teams that finished higher. 

We’ve seen in the German football that being at home since the restart isn’t necessarily an advantage. Have 3 away games for us in the play offs could turn out to be a benefit rather than a hinderance.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:29 AM, TJAshton said:

It’s not irrelevant if we go up though is it!!

It is. As we won’t be there

The break between where the season was paused and where we are now is bigger than the normal gap between seasons, and with no proper pre season too. No team has any form coming into this, what happened in March is now irrelevant. We could well see that it's the team that is the fittest that wins the play offs, so playing the extra games could well benefit the teams that finished lower down and getting an extra competitive game under their belts.

11 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

The break between where the season was paused and where we are now is bigger than the normal gap between seasons, and with no proper pre season too. No team has any form coming into this, what happened in March is now irrelevant. We could well see that it's the team that is the fittest that wins the play offs, so playing the extra games could well benefit the teams that finished lower down and getting an extra competitive game under their belts.

Agree but I think Yeovil have been back 2 week and Harrogate 1 week and we start tomorrow also Notts retained 24 man squad returned 18th. Boreham Wood?

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Agree but I think Yeovil have been back 2 week and Harrogate 1 week and we start tomorrow also Notts retained 24 man squad returned 18th. Boreham Wood?

We are at a big disadvantage if that is the case. 
IMO the season should have been played out to a conclusion or scrapped.

Just now, Guido said:

We are at a big disadvantage if that is the case. 
IMO the season should have been played out to a conclusion or scrapped.

Totally agree.

We were at a massive disadvantage when the season started, far bigger than we are now. Look what happened. We are in with a shout, PW has nearly 4 weeks to work with the lads

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

We were at a massive disadvantage when the season started, far bigger than we are now. Look what happened. We are in with a shout, PW has nearly 4 weeks to work with the lads

We don´t have 4 week guaranteed as the game has to be played by the 18th so could actually be on the 11th don´t think the date has been set yet.

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We don´t have 4 week guaranteed as the game has to be played by the 18th so could actually be on the 11th don´t think the date has been set yet.

PW had 10 days before we went to Ebbsfleet and smacked their backside 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

PW had 10 days before we went to Ebbsfleet and smacked their backside 

And? Never said anything different.

4 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

My mate at Yeovil tells me they have only started back last week and I believe our players whilst not been back in fully were in and about the training ground last week doing various things. 

As there was no provision in the rules for a curtailed season then its played to a conclusion or scrapped. 

23 minutes ago, chadders said:

My mate at Yeovil tells me they have only started back last week and I believe our players whilst not been back in fully were in and about the training ground last week doing various things. 

So taken off furlough I hope, not breaking any rules.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So taken off furlough I hope, not breaking any rules.

I presume they are allowed into the training ground, as long as they are not generating income for their employer they are fine as I read the furlough laws. 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I presume they are allowed into the training ground, as long as they are not generating income for their employer they are fine as I read the furlough laws. 

So a footballer just earns money the 90 mins a match.

14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Well it would be hard to construe training as income generating. That's like saying a taxi driver having his car serviced whilst on furlough is breaking the rules by having his taxi serviced? 

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Well it would be hard to construe training as income generating. That's like saying a taxi driver having his car serviced whilst on furlough is breaking the rules by having his taxi serviced? 

It does open all sorts of question i.e. did they receive expenses to get to training facilities. Something I do not think should be on public forum at this point in time particularly as football has not had the best of publicity during lockdown.

42 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Its what he earns for his employer not himself

Watching some of the premier league games and looking at the results, it certainly seems as though the games have a pre season tempo about them and home advantage is certainly not a factor. Will that be a case in the play offs? 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

6 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Watching some of the premier league games and looking at the results, it certainly seems as though the games have a pre season tempo about them and home advantage is certainly not a factor. Will that be a case in the play offs? 

An extraordinary number of second half goals too - I think it's 18 of the 23 scored since the restart have come in the second half. If you put a bet on each game for a 0-0 HT score you'd be rolling in it!

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Its what he earns for his employer not himself

Furlough means you cannot work whatsoever. I don't know why people can't understand this. It's nothing to do with making money for your employer and it could be argued that none of the players will make any money for their employer in the remainder of the season, as there are no gate receipts. 

If the players choose to train alone, they are not working, but if they get together as a team and are coached, they are working. It's what they do in their normal job. 

Also the government (taxpayers) are paying people to stay off work till work reopens. There are strict conditions around this. 

So we need to get the players off Furlough, ask them to volunteer for a temporary wage cut and get stuck into preparing to topple Borehamwood now.