I suspect project playoffs will be to help raise the funds to help pay for the costs of playing in the playoffs. The latest tweets from the club have stated that the clubs have to share the costs to stage the match and also pay for the testing. 

I hope we are able to raise enough money to cover all costs and testing involved. I suspect the club have an amount that they feel will be enough to cover costs. Anyone got an educated guess, I’m thinking anywhere between £10000-30000 depending on how far we progress.

tweets also state that they expect games to start being played on 18th July and finished by 31st July.  This makes it very interesting with regards to recruiting etc. For the new season.

Edited by shaymen down under

Its a tough one for the club with there going to be very little income from the play off games. In fact, what income will there be? TV money (if any games are shown live), win bonuses (should the league pay any for a) qualifying for the play offs and b) additional monies depending on how far in the play offs we get), any potential advertising (some out of the box thinking required), Shaymen TV subscriptions (should the club be able to stream games live). Cant really think of much more.

The opportunity of securing promotion is going to come at some cost though obviously huge reward should we win.

1 minute ago, Bubba said:

Its a tough one for the club with there going to be very little income from the play off games. In fact, what income will there be? TV money (if any games are shown live), win bonuses (should the league pay any for a) qualifying for the play offs and b) additional monies depending on how far in the play offs we get), any potential advertising (some out of the box thinking required), Shaymen TV subscriptions (should the club be able to stream games live). Cant really think of much more.

The opportunity of securing promotion is going to come at some cost though obviously huge reward should we win.

Yes it’s a very tricky situation for clubs involved in the playoffs. Don’t go up and it’s cost you money out of your budget and you are severely behind the 8ball with regards to recruitment and the like that mid table clubs have a major head start on.

Also player contracts/livelihoods may just want out of The club, they may have a good idea they’re not going to be at the club next season, whether it be released or geographically wanting to be somewhere else. They may want to hit the ground running with a new club for pre season. So many questions here.

13 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I wonder how many clubs have applied for Bounce Back Loans.

At least you can spread the cost over six years.

and you pay nothing first year I think

The maximun loan is 50k which even for a club like ours wont go very far. Its an option but i think we could fundraise close to that figure.

Feel sorry for the club tbh, 50-100k to compete in the play offs which might last 90 mins. Only promotion makes it worth while but ultimately its a slim chance for us with 5 other clubs just as eager.

4 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The maximun loan is 50k which even for a club like ours wont go very far. Its an option but i think we could fundraise close to that figure.

Feel sorry for the club tbh, 50-100k to compete in the play offs which might last 90 mins. Only promotion makes it worth while but ultimately its a slim chance for us with 5 other clubs just as eager.

I see Chester have asked for full coatings of taking part in the play offs before casting their vote.

I think that the amount of money being quote to take part in the PO´s is an extortionate amount of money to ask clubs or fans to raise and should be funded by the FA.

• Like 2

Is there an actual definitive list from the club of the squad available for the play-offs?

For example are Rodney and Redshaw definitely available?

Without those two and one or two others our chances in the play-offs would be much reduced.

I would hope such a list is provided by the club before expecting us to part with our hard-earned cash on 'Project Playoffs'

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I see Chester have asked for full coatings of taking part in the play offs before casting their vote.

Not surprising really, at least we have the carrot of the FL. The promotion from North to National brings no real financial rewards so it needs weighing up.

41 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Is there an actual definitive list from the club of the squad available for the play-offs?

For example are Rodney and Redshaw definitely available?

Without those two and one or two others our chances in the play-offs would be much reduced.

I would hope such a list is provided by the club before expecting us to part with our hard-earned cash on 'Project Playoffs'

Why do you need to know now? Maybe they are in negotiations with these players? Maybe once the playoffs have been announced as a definite then we will be given the full sp? 

• Like 2

Just now, greygoose said:

Not surprising really, at least we have the carrot of the FL. The promotion from North to National brings no real financial rewards so it needs weighing up.

The York chief exec is saying between 125k and 150k for his club. He does on the other hand say there isnt an alternative option on the table to vote for and if no play offs then the team in 2nd should go up. Anyone know who will be 2nd in NLN?

42 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Why do you need to know now? Maybe they are in negotiations with these players? Maybe once the playoffs have been announced as a definite then we will be given the full sp? 

For the reason please see the last sentence of my post. I'm not saying I need to know now but it would be nice to know before parting with my money. I hope you are right and the club let us know what our squad will be.

I am quite happy to financially support this given that from my point of view I would have gone to the match at BW and probably spent £200 on travel, hotels, entrance, food, beer etc.

However I would expect to see a full strength squad for my money with a realistic chance of progression and for me that means our 'star' players are in it.

37 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

However I would expect to see a full strength squad for my money with a realistic chance of progression and for me that means our 'star' players are in it.

I fully expect a "full strength" squad, is Rodney part of that? Who knows. It does seem as though Gareth Seddon is touting him round on social media which as his agent that is his job. That leads me to believe unless we sign him on a permanent deal he may not be with us for the play offs. 

5 hours ago, Sparrow said:

and you pay nothing first year I think

No, it is only the interest for the first year that Richie is picking up.

3 hours ago, Flea said:

I wonder, considering the FL are only relegating one club, they will only be paying one club parachute payments for the next two years.

How about the FL donate that second clubs parachute payments to help cover part of the cost? It may not cover the entire cost for all the teams but that money could be used in a pot to help ease costs.

There is enough money in the FA / FL and NL governing bodies to help the clubs out here. Instead of looking after themselves, why not look out for the integrity of the footballing pyramid and its member clubs?

Flea, I mentioned this on another topic, and you could factor in the parachute payment for one less club from EFL1 to EFL2 as well. THe NL parachute payment alone is in the region of £524k for the first season and half that for the second season, so all in all there should be just short of £800k to play with.

7 hours ago, Flea said:

I wonder, considering the FL are only relegating one club, they will only be paying one club parachute payments for the next two years.

How about the FL donate that second clubs parachute payments to help cover part of the cost? It may not cover the entire cost for all the teams but that money could be used in a pot to help ease costs.

There is enough money in the FA / FL and NL governing bodies to help the clubs out here. Instead of looking after themselves, why not look out for the integrity of the footballing pyramid and its member clubs?

stop talking sense

10 hours ago, Bubba said:

The cost of promotion if we do manage it is minuscule in comparison to what we’ll get in the league but a hefty bill if we don’t get promoted 

Time for a few more football cards. 

Why not do a card a week? Or, every fortnight? 

A nice and easy way for the club to earn some much needed brass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

The cost of promotion if we do manage it is minuscule in comparison to what we’ll get in the league but a hefty bill if we don’t get promoted 

Fortune favours the brave.....

18 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I wonder how many clubs have applied for Bounce Back Loans.

At least you can spread the cost over six years.

That's what my kids get from me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie said:

That's what my kids get from me

With my kids it's a bit more like a Student Loan, only they have to be earning over £1,000,000,000 before they pay anything back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2