Wonder what happens if a team decides not to participate in the play offs do they just add the 8th place team or just knock the play offs down to 4. 

I haven't seen anything on what happens in this scenario 

33 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Wonder what happens if a team decides not to participate in the play offs do they just add the 8th place team or just knock the play offs down to 4. 

I haven't seen anything on what happens in this scenario 

it might give us a bye?

Surely if a team says no then the opposition get a bye. I really can’t see any of them saying no even if the Boreham Wood chairman said they wouldn’t be playing in any play offs

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Ash said:

Surely if a team says no then the opposition get a bye. I really can’t see any of them saying no even if the Boreham Wood chairman said they wouldn’t be playing in any play offs

I think that is a verbal contract, next opponents please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't have thought they'd knock it down to 4 as that's unfair on the team who would have been facing said opponent. I think the two likely options would be to extend another place down, as they do if teams are unable to compete for other reasons like the standard of the ground, or give a bye to the team they would have been facing. I can't see that BW (or any other team) would decline to participate as the potential reward of playing in the Football League is too great to ignore.

The only sensible solution is a bye to the team the withdrawn were due to play.  If you move down the table you could get others not wishing to play and end up with Fylde and Chorley in the playoofs

38 minutes ago, bazza45 said:

The only sensible solution is a bye to the team the withdrawn were due to play.  If you move down the table you could get others not wishing to play and end up with Fylde and Chorley in the playoofs

Would also save on covid testing too

Borehamwood chairman suggested they wouldn't play another game but he is a nob who oversees a pretend, skanky club. They will of course play and I hope we grind them into the dirt never to be seen again above the isthmian league division C. 

More interesting, how would it feel to win these play offs? We had 7k at the Shay last time we won a play off. It was an event for the casual fan. Doing the same at St George's Park, nice as it is, feels hollow and strange. I would still take it though. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

Borehamwood chairman suggested they wouldn't play another game but he is a nob who oversees a pretend, skanky club. They will of course play and I hope we grind them into the dirt never to be seen again above the isthmian league division C. 

More interesting, how would it feel to win these play offs? We had 7k at the Shay last time we won a play off. It was an event for the casual fan. Doing the same at St George's Park, nice as it is, feels hollow and strange. I would still take it though. 

I'd take it and then wait for the League 2 play off final in 2021 at Wembley. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

BHW chairman has done an interview on Youtube and stated they are prepared and ready to play a play-off game against Halifax followed by a trip to Harrogate. Sounds confident......

5 hours ago, bazza45 said:

The NL have already stated there would be no sanctions against any club not wishing to take part in the play-offs with a bye being awarded to the opposition. There would be no going down the league to find another team to take part.

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

The NL have already stated there would be no sanctions against any club not wishing to take part in the play-offs with a bye being awarded to the opposition. There would be no going down the league to find another team to take part.

Seen nothing announced about the opposition getting a bye. That wasn't in any proposal I have seen. Which is why I've asked the question 

7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

BHW chairman has done an interview on Youtube and stated they are prepared and ready to play a play-off game against Halifax followed by a trip to Harrogate. Sounds confident......

Why would he want to watch The Shaymen at Harrogate is slightly strange :)   #flipflop

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Seen nothing announced about the opposition getting a bye. That wasn't in any proposal I have seen. Which is why I've asked the question 

It was stated in the latest video diary from the Fylde Chairman. For a change it seems refreshing that a NL Chairman is prepared to be seen to be transparent about the comings and goings within the NL, and I would be happier if we had more communication from our own club in order to reduce speculation and to keep the fans informed. Over the last few weeks we/I seem to have gleaned more knowledge about the situation from scouring other teams websites and twitter feeds than we have been able to find from our own club, who seem to want to maintain radio silence.

After all, we are constantly told that at this level of professional football the clubs cannot survive without the fans coming through the gates. In this time of uncertainty the more we can be informed about the issues the club may face could have a positive effect in how the fans react to any requests to support funding ideas such as the sponsorship of players kit.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chadders said:

Mr T, Wow what do you want minutes of the meeting? As it stands we do not know if we will be in the play offs, who,where and when we could potentially play. As the resolution has not been voted on, passed and I assume ratified by the FA then no concrete plans can be made. As with this situation in any walk of life it is both unethical and disrespectful to comment on the contents of the meeting and any possible outcomes. The Boreham Wood Chairman is a law unto himself and funny how the Fylde chairman has only recently ventured into fan engagement re costs etc maybe he's realised just how unsustainable his club currently is. We should all know by now our BOD wait untill all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted before announcing anything - rightly so imo so let's wait until after Mondays vote and see where we are at.

Chadders, why do you thin it is unethical or disrespectful to ask for information regarding the current situation with the League and the Club? I am not asking for anyone to divulge any commercially confidential information or anything of a personal nature, all I am asking for is an update. I have just checked and the last one provided on the club website from the BOD is over 2 months old. In view of the fast changing nature of the situation and the fact we are trying to convince supporters to part with their money to support the club, then some communication would not go amiss.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Chadders, why do you thin it is unethical or disrespectful to ask for information regarding the current situation with the League and the Club? I am not asking for anyone to divulge any commercially confidential information or anything of a personal nature, all I am asking for is an update. I have just checked and the last one provided on the club website from the BOD is over 2 months old. In view of the fast changing nature of the situation and the fact we are trying to convince supporters to part with their money to support the club, then some communication would not go amiss.

As I said the proposal has not yet been voted on / approved yet and until that happens then I would not expect any comments re playoffs, potential costs etc. What information do you want ? The club has previously issued statements updating us of when we could expect to hear some positive/concrete information and were lambasted for that so they can't really win. 

52 minutes ago, chadders said:

As I said the proposal has not yet been voted on / approved yet and until that happens then I would not expect any comments re playoffs, potential costs etc. What information do you want ? The club has previously issued statements updating us of when we could expect to hear some positive/concrete information and were lambasted for that so they can't really win. 

In what way were they lambasted? Are was it because the statement put out did not communicate anything of value to the fans?

10 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Over the last few weeks we/I seem to have gleaned more knowledge about the situation from scouring other teams websites and twitter feeds than we have been able to find from our own club, who seem to want to maintain radio silence.

Are you new around here? The club's communication has been much better the last 12 months, certainly since JF left, but can only be charitably described as woeful under this BoD. The only time we heard from DB in the early years was when he wanted to remind everyone that finances were tight, something he still sneaks into every interview if given half the chance.

Chadders and others will try and back you into a corner here but you're absolutely right. Pete Wild has been giving us updates via the Courier (if you can call "everything's up in the air" an update), but I stopped checking the official website because the lead story was weeks old. I could probably think of a dozen different things the BoD could be updating us on but we've more chance of Geoff Horsfield finding a cure for Covid-19, and least I heard he'd stopped trying.

The number one concern that many supporters will have is, "will our football club survive this crisis?" The silence is both tragic and concerning given this BoD's history.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Are you new around here? The club's communication has been much better the last 12 months, certainly since JF left, but can only be charitably described as woeful under this BoD. The only time we heard from DB in the early years was when he wanted to remind everyone that finances were tight, something he still sneaks into every interview if given half the chance.

Chadders and others will try and back you into a corner here but you're absolutely right. Pete Wild has been giving us updates via the Courier (if you can call "everything's up in the air" an update), but I stopped checking the official website because the lead story was weeks old. I could probably think of a dozen different things the BoD could be updating us on but we've more chance of Geoff Horsfield finding a cure for Covid-19, and least I heard he'd stopped trying.

The number one concern that many supporters will have is, "will our football club survive this crisis?" The silence is both tragic and concerning given this BoD's history.

I'm taking the stance that no news is good news on that topic for us tbh. We know that the club is run sensibly in the financial department, pretty much the one thing this board can be counted on doing from what we know. We are in a better position than a lot of clubs at our level, and in the FL. I'm sure if we were in trouble then they'd be coming out with the begging buckets...

Exactly there was s decent Q&A with the gaffer and Milly who answered all questions re players and contracts etc. The stumbling block as I see it is the stonewall silence from the National League itself and the chairman and club have voiced concerns over this several times. @ITMAN what do you want the club to communicate over and above what has been said. We currently have one person running the club the best they can under unprecedented circumstances so instead of being unnecessarily and needlessly negative get behind the club and help give it the best possible chance once we know the format of the playoffs and what part we as supporters can play in that push 

We now have 'Project Playoffs' on the club website and soon we are to be told how we can be involved.

I have a funny feeling we might have to dig into our pockets which to be fair we would do anyway to actually go and watch the games.

We await with baited breath as to how the club are going to extort the necessary funds from us!