Jump to content
mj85

National League Playoffs

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If we had invested in a good mf player and brought Rodney in at the same time we we all new this is what we needed we would now be going into league 2.

agree...I'm sure the board have regrets now...but we still have a chance hopefully we can start the playoffs like a new season and win our first 3 games:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Probably not. However, it the money the EFL will save in not paying parachute payments to one club from EFL 1 and for 1 club from EFL2 would probably be enough to cover the costs for all the playoff games in the NL and NL North/South.

That seems a pertinent point.

Otherwise I can see some North and South teams struggling to pay the costs of being involved in play offs and opting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, chadders said:

Where u seen this ??

The same place @Flea did I imagine, that Ollie Bayliss twitter. Do you not like seeing things first? ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mj85 said:

The same place @Flea did I imagine, that Ollie Bayliss twitter. Do you not like seeing things first? ;)

rarely do twitter nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sparrow said:

are u sure could b a Bradford city season ticket?

It's almost certain to be "Altrincham promoted" 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

It would have been cheaper to invest in a good MF player and Rodney for the season. Then we would be Champs.

Our problems started when Brown got injured and then putting Staunton in defence, and if the budget was spent by the previous manager then all you can do is get on with it, I think Wild has done a good job 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

It would have been cheaper to invest in a good MF player and Rodney for the season. Then we would be Champs.

So you keep saying, we didnt and did we have the funds to do that? Would we have been champions? Nobody knows. Sam Johnson could have picked up an injury, a hundred things could have happened. We have finished 6th and that's a good effort imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Our problems started when Brown got injured and then putting Staunton in defence, and if the budget was spent by the previous manager then all you can do is get on with it, I think Wild has done a good job 

We should have invested last Sept after our brilliant start. Disappointed with PW´s player knowledge at this level, which he has admitted to and he has to be braver to go away and win games witch again he has admitted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We should have invested last Sept after our brilliant start. Disappointed with PW´s player knowledge at this level, which he has admitted to and he has to be braver to go away and win games witch again he has admitted to.

But we don't know if we had any money to invest or how much of the budget was left , only the board and PW know , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flea said:

I think PW has done a superb job. We were in with a chance of actually winning the league for a huge part of this season.

Considering he had 10 days to build a squad and he is a rookie manager completing his first season, as far as starts go, its a pretty bloody good one in my opinion. 

I’m sick of the negativity! We finished 6th and he had 10 days to build a team with players that weren’t his. Well done Pete Wild and good luck in the play offs.

If we won promotion some would still say we didn’t deserve it blah blah blah

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, eddie said:

But we don't know if we had any money to invest or how much of the budget was left , only the board and PW know , 

It´s a decision that DB should have made after such a great start. I don´t know who was making it up JF said 85% of budget left PW 85% spent (if this was the case with what we had DB deserved a good kick up the rear end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

It´s a decision that DB should have made after such a great start. I don´t know who was making it up JF said 85% of budget left PW 85% spent (if this was the case with what we had DB deserved a good kick up the rear end.

Not sure but I would imagine with the season only a couple of weeks away that JF  would have spent most of the budget leaving PW  with little left, also , I think that JF would have spent  85% leaving 15% for PW, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, eddie said:

Not sure but I would imagine with the season only a couple of weeks away that JF  would have spent most of the budget leaving PW  with little left, also , I think that JF would have spent  85% leaving 15% for PW, 

If that´s the case eddie DB deserves a kick up the back side for the players JF brought in for the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If that´s the case eddie DB deserves a kick up the back side for the players JF brought in for the money.

Surely that's down to the manager who brought in the players? Or is it the Chairmans fault if they are average players and the manager who brings in the good players? Also existing players who had negotiated new deals would have taken up a decent chunk of the budget. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two key players we need to be fit and on form for me:- Cameron King & Jack Redshaw (if he's still with us). And then it's upwards and onwards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Surely that's down to the manager who brought in the players? Or is it the Chairmans fault if they are average players and the manager who brings in the good players? Also existing players who had negotiated new deals would have taken up a decent chunk of the budget. 

The buck stops with the chairman he must have seen that a disproportional amount of the budget was going on a small number of players 85% of budget spent and not enough players to fulfill a friendly game speaks for it´s self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...